The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

S2 exige not starting...

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Razor_sharp 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I’m the owner of a ‘10 exige. It’s an absolute joy to drive but I have these forums to thank for me being able to fix the few mechanical issues it’s brought up along the way.

For the last few days I have been struggling with a new problem, which today came to a tee I unfortunately can’t find a fix for!

I initially noticed the car not starting when pushing the starter button. Activating and deactivating the immobiliser a few times, and trying the starter button a few times would fix the issue. Over the next few days this progressed, to me being required to activate/deactivate the immobiliser >10 times, with multiple pushes of the starter button until eventually she decided to start.

Today, no matter what I try, she won’t start. I push the button and there’s nothing, no “click” as you would typically get from the starter motor when the battery is insuficiently charged. Nothing but silence.

I’ve read multiple people have had issues with either the starter button itself or the immobiliser circuit. My question is, the starter button is still illuminated implying current running through it. As such I’d assume it wasn’t faulty. Is this a fair assumption? And that being the case the issue lies elsewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

See less See more
#2 ·
My question is, the starter button is still illuminated implying current running through it. As such I’d assume it wasn’t faulty. Is this a fair assumption?
Nope! Thankfully. They are two separate circuits, and I can send you the wiring if you shoot me an email at cjyow5 at gmail dot com. Here's to hoping that's all it is!

#3 ·
I don't have an Exige so I can't help you too much.

With that said, the starter button light circuit should be totally separate from the starter button function. So, I would not assume that if the light on the button is lit that the start button isn't faulty.

I'm pretty sure there are threads I've seen about testing the switch. But, not being an Exige owner, I don't recall the procedure. Of course, an actual Exige owner or someone with more knowledge of the circuit will probably chime in....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.