Service/Maintenance in IL - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By SergeLotus
  • 1 Post By NoRawkus305

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
adalheim

Service/Maintenance in IL

I'm looking for recommendations on where to take my car in for service (besides the Lotus dealer in Glenview). I live in the northern suburbs of Chicago near the Wisconsin border. I would like to find a place for basic maintenance but also need my ebrake looked at. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The only info I found on this topic was from 2012.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 04:37 AM
Lotus Technician

The Nuccio's (former owners of Lamborghini Chicago and Fox Valley Motorcars) and I are opening a new shop in Addison. We wont be open until July, and we aren't an authorized Lotus franchise, but we do have all the special tools, diagnostic computers and knowledge (I have been a Lotus tech since 2005) to take care of you. If you want more info or want to discuss your needs, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks!!

T.J.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 07:54 AM

I always take my cars to Fluid Motor Union. I just had my oil and air filter done by them on my Evora.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 04:14 PM

I'd like to endorse TJ. I live in Virginia so he never worked on my car, but I exchanged a lot of emails with him and he was always extremely knowledgeable, generous with his advise, and quick to respond. I've also read extremely favorable comments about TJ on this forum. I can't imagine a better guy to go to with your Lotus within 1,000 miles of Chicago. The Nuccio guys (Sr. and Jr.) are also extremely knowledgeable and stand-up guys. I almost bought an Elise from them last year except that i was looking for one with a supercharger and they didn't have one at the time. I can't speak to pricing because I have no experience with their pricing, but if getting the job done right is most important to you, then I'd stop searching and got to TJ and Nuccio Motors.
Twaszak! likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:04 AM

I second sergelotus. Even though I never had face to face contact with TJ, we have exchanged emails numerous times with questions I've had. He has always happily answered me and was very helpful. He has been vouched for plenty of times thru this forum and I couldn't be any more comfortable bringing him work for my car when they open. While Glenview of Lotus seems a little closer to you, whats another 20-25min drive to TJ for peace of mind.
Twaszak! likes this.

2002 Honda S2000 - RIP MAY 2012
2005 Lotus Elise Sport and Touring Package - Weekend Warrior
2015 NX200T F-Sport - DD and Winter Beater
2006 Hummer H3 - The wife's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Maintenance and Repairs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in