The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Stan's shifter mod

12K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  RapidLotus 
#1 ·
Can someone point to the infamous Stan's shifter mod thread please? I am helping a friend sort his Elise and I need to get him a copy of the mod. As always, thanks a bunch!

#3 ·
#6 ·
Thanks guys! Wasn't there a second re-enforcement mod also available? I appreciate the help. Had a long day yesterday facilitating the run and then the maintenance day until dark today. I am beat and can't think straight! But I still have promises to fulfill. Once again, thanks for the help!

#11 ·
I did my stiffening job tonight using a brass pipe as the spacer. A pipe is far easier than a stack of washers. I found it easier to install if I loosened the 2 nuts at the front of the shifter, allowing me to slightly lift the whole housing. See pictures below.
Note: You might want to increase the bolt length to around 45 mm. I would have like to do that but ~40 mm was all I had.

Attachments

Reactions: 6TVRs+
#17 ·
Thinking of doing this mod - has anyone used a piece of PVC pipe in place of washers/machined brass pieces/steel junction? Seems like it would be strong and light.
I did one of these can't remember the sizing but really you are just looking for something to give extra support to the space between the floor and the shifter unit where the bolt will go through the middle and thread in.

Inokinetic sells a Stans mod kit.
Not quite the same. Both help keep it from moving about but one is up front the other is towards the center of the tunnel. I did both. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Inokinetic sells a Stans mod kit.

#19 ·
I 3D printed mine, big surface area and customized to the right height. Easy.

#23 ·
You can just cut some schedule 80 PVC to length and it will work fine. Light and won't have potential for galvanic reaction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.