The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

TPS issue or not?

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  zakria 
#1 ·
Hi guys

So I wash the car last night and few nights before there was rain not that heavy , it was small rain

Anyway, so I took the car for spin because it was parked all week and I noticed the throttle not responding as it should be, It jerks while accelerating, when I went to drive on the highway to test more, while driving it , it feels the car pulling back and get back up in matter of seconds.

So after I went home and checked the faulty errors

it shows these error codes

P0101
P0122
P0123
P0222
P0223
P0638
P2100
P0171
P2206
P2206

all these errors related to TPS, I am thinking 70% it is TPS faulty but it is expensive from Lotus dealer , any TPS I can find it is cheap it would be great :shrug:

See less See more
#3 ·
What code reader are you using that reads a P2206 on a Lotus? Google tells me that such a code refers to a NOx sensor (usually only on Diesel vehicles, definitely not on a Lotus).

Do you think it is possible that some of the codes being related to the TPS is coincidental? I would first suspect a battery/learning memory reset issue with that many codes. My car has done something like this in the past after a low battery state: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f334/obd-code-reader-works-371730/#post5110361 . I got codes P0480, P0481, P0508, P0444, P0447, P2648, P0171, P0172, and P0507.

After resetting the codes and letting the battery charge, only the P0171 came back. This code eventually cleared after driving the car for a while too (and letting it have enough time after shutdown to run its memory save routines).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.