TPS issue or not? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy TPS issue or not?

Hi guys

So I wash the car last night and few nights before there was rain not that heavy , it was small rain

Anyway, so I took the car for spin because it was parked all week and I noticed the throttle not responding as it should be, It jerks while accelerating, when I went to drive on the highway to test more, while driving it , it feels the car pulling back and get back up in matter of seconds.

So after I went home and checked the faulty errors

it shows these error codes

P0101
P0122
P0123
P0222
P0223
P0638
P2100
P0171
P2206
P2206

all these errors related to TPS, I am thinking 70% it is TPS faulty but it is expensive from Lotus dealer , any TPS I can find it is cheap it would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Update

I have checked this plugin connected to the throttle assembly, it seems to be not electric volt coming from it, So where is the power source of this wire?
Attached Images

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 07:55 AM

What code reader are you using that reads a P2206 on a Lotus? Google tells me that such a code refers to a NOx sensor (usually only on Diesel vehicles, definitely not on a Lotus).

Do you think it is possible that some of the codes being related to the TPS is coincidental? I would first suspect a battery/learning memory reset issue with that many codes. My car has done something like this in the past after a low battery state: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f33...0/#post5110361 . I got codes P0480, P0481, P0508, P0444, P0447, P2648, P0171, P0172, and P0507.

After resetting the codes and letting the battery charge, only the P0171 came back. This code eventually cleared after driving the car for a while too (and letting it have enough time after shutdown to run its memory save routines).

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obeisance View Post
What code reader are you using that reads a P2206 on a Lotus? Google tells me that such a code refers to a NOx sensor (usually only on Diesel vehicles, definitely not on a Lotus).

Do you think it is possible that some of the codes being related to the TPS is coincidental? I would first suspect a battery/learning memory reset issue with that many codes. My car has done something like this in the past after a low battery state: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f33...0/#post5110361 . I got codes P0480, P0481, P0508, P0444, P0447, P2648, P0171, P0172, and P0507.

After resetting the codes and letting the battery charge, only the P0171 came back. This code eventually cleared after driving the car for a while too (and letting it have enough time after shutdown to run its memory save routines).
The thing is I bought the battery a month ago , no way it is battery issue
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Well, it is fixed.

I took off the Air filter box and cleaned it and cleaned the MAP sensor and it worked !

Thanks for the support guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Maintenance and Repairs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in