discuss..

motive vs vacula

Welcome to Vacula
Motive Products

Jay-05' ST, HT, Touring Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 08:12 AM

A disadvantage of the vacuum method is that there is a greater chance that the master cylinder will run dry and suck in air. Another possibility is sucking in of air around the bleed nipple threads. Most professionals use the pressure method.
Michael
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 08:17 AM

I like this one :

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f91/...ication-85890/

Motive seems nice too. It is a little more expensive than the EZ-Bleed as far as I could determine. Both work well . Motive pressurizes the tank like a garden sprayer and EZ-Bleed uses a spare air tank or as I modified it, an air compressor set to 15-20 p.s.i. max.

I know that "RCHAD" has a new never been used EZBleeder that he was wanting to sell . I think he stated to me for around $30 + shipping. Also "The Viper" is who I got mine from over this Forum. He'll ship it out to you also.

Happy Brake Bleeding. It's not that hard to do it yourself.

2011 Evora Starlight Black/Gold.
2005 Elise Saffron Yellow- (sold)
2014 Ford Escape
2008 Nissan Xterra

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 06:23 PM
mx1

I've used the motive a couple of time and have bubbles come out when i loosen the bleed screw. It does not matter if slow or fast, have bubbles. But, in the end, it does not seem to matter.

Previous--66 Austin Healey 3000; 79 Alfa Spyder; 72 BMW 2002; 85 944; 86 MR2; 89 944S2; 89 944S2 w M030;
Current--01 Audi S4, modded twin turbo;07 Lotus Exige S
Lucky enough to have driven the autobahn for 5 years
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 07:14 PM

i use an air powered vacuum to get most of the air out.then switch to pump and hold.the vacuum never seams to get all the air out.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 04:07 AM

Well, you can still run the reservoir dry with the pressure bleed system (knock on carbon fiber, I've yet to do so).

I subscribe to the "I don't want to have to figure out which method is supposedly superior" and I employ both.

I just ran one liter of fresh Motul RBF600 into the system yesterday using both a Motive pressure bleeder and a Vacula vacuum unit. Works like a charm.

I only pressurize the Motive to 10 PSI (though I use 15 on other cars) and when I finish one corner, I move on to the next, set the caliper a bleedin', go back to the recently finished corner, mount up the wheel and so on. Pretty efficient. I run 300ml through each rear caliper and 200ml through each front caliper. By the end you're staring right at the reservoir and you can time the bleed such that you can shut the bleeder screw right as the level "drops" to the maximum mark.

I've bled hundreds of times this way and have only had a problem one time when I sucked the "old" fluid out of the reservoir with the Vacula's suction attachment (a straw essentially) and sucked too much. As a result, I only suck the fluid out of the reservoirs now if it is visibly dirty. Most of the car I bleed are regularly tracked so the fluid is still visibly clean and so I just push it through the system with a like amount of new fluid (i.e. If I put a liter of new in, I end up with a liter of old to bring to the recycler).

KMT, I finally mounted up my Exige scoops yesterday. Props on your bracket design. That's impressive thinking right there! Oh and they look gooooood, especially with the black Cup 240 wheels mounted up too!

Frank Amoroso
Fun with cars
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 06:56 AM

good to hear frank.look forward to seeing your install.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Maintenance and Repairs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in