Larry's Lotus Photoblog #5 - Page 5 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 6990 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Spyker Preparing 2012 C8 Aileron GT Racer
February 28, 2011

Word has gotten out about Spykers plans for a new C8 Aileron GT Racer that may be due to premiere in Geneva over the next few days. Based on Spyker’s new flagship C8 Aileron, the new GT racer will be designed and developed to ACO’s new GTE specifications and will be ready for the start of the 2012 motorsport season.

Spyker Squadron will be taking a sabbatical from its racing duties this year to develop the car. Managing Director, Peter van Erp, said:

"We are taking a racing sabbatical this year to concentrate our resources on developing a new GT racer based on Spyker’s new C8 Aileron supercar, instead of continuing to spend money on a car at the end of its development cycle. For the long term future of Spyker Squadron, and for its role in the promotion and technical development of Spyker road cars, it’s a positive and strategically important step.

We will develop the car for the new GTE class, although after its first season we will assess whether there is sufficient demand to develop a variant to FIA GT3 specifications. This would be relatively straightforward and would increase the potential customer base for the car and associated race support package. We are already attracting customer race teams wishing to buy an off-the-shelf car, with enquiries arriving from Europe and the Far East.

Ultimately, our fans can look forward to a very exciting long term future following Spyker in top-flight endurance racing, with both the Spyker Squadron and customer racing teams fielding C8 Aileron GT cars. And as a result, Spyker will become an even more prominent and successful name in endurance motorsport around the world in 2012 and beyond.

The Spyker C8 Aileron GT racing car will take over from Squadron’s C8 Laviolette GT2R racer, with which Spyker’s race division enjoyed three years of competitive European GT endurance racing. In 2009, the C8 Laviolette GT2R delivered Squadron’s most successful season, claiming two second-place GT2 class finishes in the Le Mans Series, and scoring an incredible fifth place in the gruelling 24 Hours of Le Mans."
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 6990 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Pictures of Marussia B1 & B2 taken in from of the Grimaldi Forum in Monte Carlo at Top Marques.
Attached Images

post #83 of 6990 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

HTT Technologies

HTT > PLETHORE LC-750 ? THE NEW SUPERCAR
Attached Images

post #84 of 6990 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Behind the scenes at the photoshoot.

2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4.
Attached Images

post #85 of 6990 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Koenigsegg Agera R heads to Geneva packing up to 1,115 hp... and a ski box.

By Alex Nunez (RSS feed) on Feb 26th 2011.

"When the Geneva Motor Show kicks off this week, the Lamborghini Aventador won't be the only exotic sucking in journos like a tractor beam. The Koenigsegg Agera R is also making its global debut, wearing in a Speed Racer-inspired paint scheme (per the owner's request) and packing so much power that you'd think an R2 unit would be a better co-pilot.

Now, about that power - the Agera R's 5.0-liter twin-turbo V8 makes a ridiculous 1,115 horsepower and 885 lb-ft of torque on E85. Fill the tank with 95-octane gasoline instead of the biofuel, and figure on "only" around 940 horses and 811 lb-ft. The V8's connected to a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox. The driver harnesses that power from a lavishly appointed cockpit that meets all the hypercar techno-fantasy criteria.

The Agera R's body panels are draped over a carbon fiber monocoque whose rigidity is such that a roof is not required. Hence, it's a removable panel that can be stowed inside the car. The owner of the example being displayed in Geneva is a skier, so the car is outfitted with a custom carbon fiber roof box developed in conjunction with Thule. It's a single-piece system that replaces the Agera R's standard roof entirely; when you get to the mountain, you simply swap the ski-box roof for the standard roof (which is tucked away in the cargo compartment).

Other highlights of the Koenigsegg Agera R include Vortex Generating Rim (VGR) wheels whose spokes act as turbine vanes that help maximize downforce. They're wrapped in Michelin rubber developed specifically for the Agera. Said tires are rated up to 260 mph, making them the highest-speed-rated tires in the world, according to Koenigsegg."
Attached Images

post #86 of 6990 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Kurzew Photography.

"I think it is a good time to introduce myself here. My name is Greg. I am from Poland and for last 5 years I am living in Ireland. I am not professional photographer and photography is just my hobby but I am trying my best. I love to shoot cars. I would like to share with you some of my work. Hope you like it. For a beginning some shots from my last trip to United States."
Attached Images

post #87 of 6990 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

This is the brand new Mansory Siracusa, based on the Ferrari 458 Italia. As if the 458 Italia isn’t light enough the engineers from Mansory made even lighter by adding ultra-light and high-strength carbon fiber on the complete vehicle.
Attached Images

post #88 of 6990 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Stec Kevin.
Attached Images

post #89 of 6990 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

A customer taking his first drive in his brand new Heffner twin-turbo Gallardo.

post #90 of 6990 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Low to the ground or way up in the air.

Cars are a blast to drive.
Attached Images

post #91 of 6990 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Geneva 2011: Fiat 500 Coupe by Zagato.

Italian coachbuilder Zagato has had its way with a Fiat 500, and this is the result...
By Matthew Bird
24th February 2011

"One of the biggest (or should that be smallest?) surprises of Geneva is this Fiat 500 Coupe Zagato. Though its styling harks back to previous joint coach building efforts between the two Italian firms, its powerplant is the latest iteration of Fiat’s innovative TwinAir unit, creating a fascinating amalgam of Fiat past and present.

Though clearly based on the standard 500 (it still shares the same dimensions), the Zagato Coupe has come clear identifying features. Along with the trademark Zagato ‘double-hump’ roof, the car has been significantly lowered and the angle of the rear windscreen made much shallower to create an impression of a longer, lower, wider car.

The Zagato Coupe also acts as the debut vehicle for the new 105bhp version of Fiat’s two-cylinder TwinAir engine. Previously only available with 85bhp, this new variant of the 875cc motor delivers its power peak at 5500rpm and its torque maximum of 114lb ft at 2500rpm. Despite now putting out 124bhp per litre, this higher-powered version of the TwinAir engine still emits just 95 g/km of C02.

Reportedly aimed at a ‘young and dynamic male target’, the 500 Zagato Coupe has been designed to be ‘full of energy and brimming with personality’. This even extends to the choice of colour for the concept car. The ‘Pop Yellow’ hue is a specific three-layer colour that tends towards white and serves to emphasise the vehicle contour.

Other styling tweaks unique to the 500 Zagato Coupe include black leather seats and steering wheel with contrasting yellow inserts and seventeen-inch ‘chrome shadow’ wheels."
Attached Images

post #92 of 6990 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Lotus lovers.
Attached Images

post #93 of 6990 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Miami.

Ferrari meet.
Attached Images

post #94 of 6990 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

March 2, 2011.

Lotus cars in for bodywork at Specialty Car Craft in Los Angeles.
Attached Images

post #95 of 6990 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

After I got my Lotus, I realized that the two greatest cars for L.A. driving are the Lotus, and an RX-7 I owned a long time ago.

Small cars that go 0-60 extremely quickly.

Except for the freeways and the track, there aren't many places you're going over 60 anyway.

Here are some photos of an RX-7 still looking the same after all these years.
Attached Images

post #96 of 6990 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

American Muscle.

Photography by MoStuff Sthlm.
Attached Images

post #97 of 6990 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

March 3, 2011

Did I mention that Specialty Car Craft is moving to a much larger facility just north of where we are now on La Cienega Blvd.?

I should have mentioned that.

State of the art. New people.

I'll let you know when the grand opening is.
Attached Images

post #98 of 6990 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Lim.
Attached Images

post #99 of 6990 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari 458 GT2's testing at Sebring.
Attached Images

post #100 of 6990 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

March 6, 2011

Lotus Challenge Cup race at Willow Springs.

Photos by Charlie of Specialty Car Craft.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Front Page News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in