Lotus Appoints Swizz Beats Vice President Of Creative Design And Global Marketing - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 04:11 PM

This just in: Swiss Beatz has been appointed by the EEC to handle the growing debt crisis in the European bond markets. He has tendered his resignation to Proton and Lotus expressing his "deepest regrets that his brief tenure did not allow the hoped for visionary reversal that was predicted in Lotus design and development."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 04:26 PM

Maybe Swizz just happens to be an expert on hose clamp fittings, radiator end caps and high performance air conditioning units.
post #23 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 04:38 PM

Dear Danny,
Please buggar off back to Ferrari,
I will pay for your airline ticket , I promise.
Max

08 Elise SC, Ardent Red. Factory spots. V1 remote display. Matt G's V1 mount. Sector 111 Bootie. Black badges from BWR and SweetDaddyD. Bane's Stealth bulbs. LETSLA.

post #24 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 04:50 PM

Garage
Those 19/20 Bling wheels on the Evora S are making more sense now.

Anyone can make something complicated. It takes genius to make it simple. Einstein.
2011 Evora S Racing Heritage Edition (#3 of 4) (Now with alexsharkeyross)
2005 Elise LRG, track prepped ,
1974 Lotus Europa Special 3841R in JPS livery
2007 Toyota Tundra (about 10 cup holders), traded for 2015 Tundra TRD PRO
2007 Audi S4 DTM (RIP) 1980 Rover SD1 (new home) 2015 Honda Civic Si
2016 370Z Nismo
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed 2019 Lexus LC500
post #25 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 05:08 PM

I didn't see this coming ! ... Mr. Swiss Cheeze may be an enthusiast but he is most well known for marrying alicia keys... which is also his best accomplishment.

as some know he was the DJ / producer for DMX, does this make Lotus the new Ruff Ryders? I suppose some would say the suspension is harsh. LOL
post #26 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 05:50 PM
FIL

After meeting Bahar, he can't surprise or disappoint me anymore.

05' Elise - REV400, PPE Header, Quaife LSD, Ohlins, BOE Silent Touch, LETSLA, ACT HDSS, Fidanza flywheel, BOE CAB Intake, BOE Catch Can, V2 Fuel Tank, V2 Steering Arms, BWR sway bar, ForcedFed CF splitter, Manly's engine mounts, All Mesh Grilles, Volk CE28 wheels
post #27 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neight View Post
I didn't see this coming ! ... Mr. Swiss Cheeze may be an enthusiast but he is most well known for marrying alicia keys... which is also his best accomplishment.

as some know he was the DJ / producer for DMX, does this make Lotus the new Ruff Ryders? I suppose some would say the suspension is harsh. LOL
Y'all gon' make me lose my mind. Up in here. Up in here.
post #28 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 06:58 PM

Lol I worked as an extra on a Reebok commercial with Swiss Beatz. They had a ****load of lotuses in the warehouse and an evora is seen in the commercial.
post #29 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecn9ne23 View Post
Lol I worked as an extra on a Reebok commercial with Swiss Beatz. They had a ****load of lotuses in the warehouse and an evora is seen in the commercial.
Well then, it's a given that he should take the helm of Global Marketing for a fledgling niche brand that is bleeding cash.
post #30 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 07:22 PM

I can't wait for the Reebok Edition Evora then...
post #31 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 08:11 PM

lets see ... 1) who the #@$% is swizz cheese beats? 2) isn't beats already taken by the $300+ headphones by Dr Dre? 3) why the @#$ do you make a rap nobody into your Vice President of of creative design and global marketing???? as has been said global marketing is a real job... for a real grown up busineass person...

Ok so you are "livening up the brand" by giving some second rate rapper a high end job in hopes of appealing to the 20 something crowd ... problem is danny boy, the 20something crowd doesn't have the 6 figure income you are wanting to charge for the new cars .... so even if by some random act of insanity on god's part this move does reach anyone .. it'll only reach people who can't afford the overprised "lifestyle brand" cars you intend to make ... once again the leadership at Lotus has picked up the shot gun and blown off thier foot... you are now blowing off prosthetic limbs ... heck the money you keep blowing on these bs moves could go towards ..... actually building at least 1 of the new cars ...

Just when you think Bahar has run out of new and creative ways to f234 up and drive the company into the ground ...

As to the video with swizzle my nizzle dizzle and his crack mama... i found it somewhat easier to watch if i turned off the sound ... i managed to get about half way through that way.
post #32 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 08:21 PM

Dont Dany and Swiss Miss look a little like Crocket and Tubbs from Miami Vice? Maybe they are hoping they can get a TV show where they drive around in a Lotus and fight crime.
Attached Images

Last edited by xxxotic; 08-16-2011 at 08:36 PM.
post #33 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 11:22 PM

I tried to keep an open mind on this ... but after researching who Swizz Beatz is and finding that video with the Evora, I'm still not seeing where the "creative side" of this person is? Did I miss something?

I like to see people think outside of the box ... Ken Okuyama designed the Enzo ... Horacio Pagani designed the Zonda ... Ferruccio Lamborghini ... Gian Paolo Dallara ... but what exactly has Swizz Beatz designed?

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
post #34 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robains View Post
... but what exactly has Swizz Beatz designed?

Nice, huh? It's even got a mohawk.
post #35 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 04:54 AM

Lol old people on this forum are funny. While this move doesn't bother me nor am I jumping about it... it doesn't matter... it's marketing. 50 cent owned part of Vitamin Water before they blew up. It's all marketing and advertising. And the generations are far apart. Just like you all can say you don't know who Swizz is... I can say the same for probably every actor, entertainer, or whatever from your genre... but the fact is that it is more of us than you lol... and as you all know and complain about... MOST people buy exotics for status. This is only about "selling" cars. The "Lotus Philosophy" is why Lotus is nearly dead now.
post #36 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsThaMonsta View Post
Lol old people on this forum are funny. While this move doesn't bother me nor am I jumping about it... it doesn't matter... it's marketing.
And Bingo was his name, oh... Right there with you on this.

My three year old son and I watch all forms of racing and plenty of Speed Channel. We can't drive past a Lowe's without him yelling out "Look Dad, Jimmie Johnson!" So when my little man is older, do you think he will ever be found shopping at Home Depot?

Lotus is targeting youth and wants to get in their head's now so when some of these kids eventually do have money, the brand is on their radar. I feel there is nothing wrong with this, and like I said earlier, I applaud them.

Plus, Swizz is not a super duper A-lister, so they probably got him for a song...

awesome joe ↔ driver
awesome joe racing
facebookyoutubeemailthe car
post #37 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoupe View Post
First and foremost....Please get your A$$es of the front of the car. No Lotus owner, let alone marketing or creative appointed guru should promote that on our cars!
Precisely my thoughts.
post #38 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingLo View Post
Y'all gon' make me lose my mind. Up in here. Up in here.
Perfect. Simply perfect.

The new owner of RLS is Austin, you can contact him at: Austin0Barrett <<<< @ >>>> gmail <<<< dot >>>> com
post #39 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Lol old people on this forum are funny. While this move doesn't bother me nor am I jumping about it... it doesn't matter... it's marketing. 50 cent owned part of Vitamin Water before they blew up. It's all marketing and advertising. And the generations are far apart. Just like you all can say you don't know who Swizz is... I can say the same for probably every actor, entertainer, or whatever from your genre... but the fact is that it is more of us than you lol... and as you all know and complain about... MOST people buy exotics for status. This is only about "selling" cars. The "Lotus Philosophy" is why Lotus is nearly dead now.
"more of us than you" -- you lost me there, is this a racial comment? So what you are saying is change the demographic to people that like bling and rap music? So long as it "looks" cool, it doesn't matter what the content is? Interesting, if that's your POV then Lotus is going to have an even more narrow sales appeal. I may have put words in your mouth, but that's the message I got from your post.

But who do you think would sell more cars Swizz or say Lewis Hamilton? If that really is the goal to "bring Lotus out of the grave" and into a new demographic?

Marketing is simple, it doesn't take Swizz or any other ego inflated person to understand a market. You figure out how much the car costs to produce and support (warranty), determine what profit you want to make out of it over projected quantity/sales, and you have the car price.

You then buy marketing data from one of many large corporations that specialize in gathering and housing this data (IDC and many others) and see who is buying your car in that price range. Now take a look at the cars being purchased and see what they have (features, performance, luxury, etc.) -- you compare those results with what you want to sell. It's really not that difficult and wasting money using Swizz for an "image" is definitely not helping IF Lotus want to continue to sell sports cars.

I can only assume from the hiring of Swizz that Lotus do NOT want to continue selling sports car. Maybe that's why Ferrari let Dany go ... he tried to tell Ferrari that SUVs is where it's at and they laughed him out the building.

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
post #40 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Come back down to reality.

At one point, Fiddy was the most popular rapper on the planet. No one knows who Swizzler is.

Secondly, we are talking about a fledgling niche car brand that's trying to go from selling great $50K sports cars to $150K plus cars competing in a VERY tight and exclusive market against competitors with much better stories at that point (history, panache, PROVEN, etc). This isn't a $2 bottle of water.

Third, this isn't an owner or endorser position, it's a BUSINESS position. Head of Global Marketing. As noted, this is a big boy job. A job for people with MBAs and years of relevant experience.

So, no....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Front Page News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in