Lotus Evora 400 Pricing Announced - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Lotus Evora 400 Pricing Announced

Quote:
The Lotus Evora 400 will cost $89,900 when it starts to arrive in the U.S. next year.

Production begins this summer, but the first models to leave the factory will be sold in Europe with other global markets to follow. Lotus revealed the Evora 400 for the first time during the 2015 Geneva Motor Show in March as the fastest and most powerful production Lotus car ever built. As the name suggests, this car is based on the Evora, but it turns a lap at the company’s test track six seconds quicker than the Evora S.

Top speed is limited to 186 MPH with the ability to run from 0-60 MPH in 4.1 seconds. Like other versions of the Evora, this car uses a mid-mounted supercharged V6, but in this case the company tuned to to make 400 hp and 302 lb-ft of torque. Lotus says that over 66 percent of the Evora 400 is new compared to previous models.

Both a manual and an automatic transmission are available. The manual comes standard with a limited-slip differential. While the company was busy tinkering beneath the surface, they also added a revised clutch disc and a low intertia flywheel to improve how the car shifts.

The price means that the Evora 400 is going to be less expensive, quicker and equally as powerful as a Porsche 911 Carrera S, which makes 400 HP, runs to 60 MPH in 4.3 seconds and starts at $98,900.
See more Lotus Evora 400 photos at AutoGuide.com

Last edited by AutoGuide.com; 05-18-2015 at 03:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 04:46 PM

I wonder if any dealer will allow for a test drive when these come to the states.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 06:32 PM

Its mind boggling that lotus doesn't focus on getting the v6 exige into the states.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 06:41 PM

This or a Viper or used Gallardo? Hmmm.. Those V10's are really tempting...
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 07:01 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazi View Post
I wonder if any dealer will allow for a test drive when these come to the states.
Why not

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) Lotus MS alloy pan, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype Stage 2 - 420+bHp **SOLD**
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 07:03 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coughy View Post
Its mind boggling that lotus doesn't focus on getting the v6 exige into the states.
They are for next generation, current doesn't meet safety standards. Without the 400 they would have no legal US car today.

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian73 View Post
Why not
I talked to a couple prospective evora buyers at the track and they said dealers wouldn't let them put miles on the "new model". They went across town and bought a porsche instead. I assumed that was the norm for lotus dealerships
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 10:20 PM
Race & Pamper

I want one
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 03:52 AM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
I talked to a couple prospective evora buyers at the track and they said dealers wouldn't let them put miles on the "new model". They went across town and bought a porsche instead. I assumed that was the norm for lotus dealerships
That doesn't make any sense. Except for nobody being able to put any miles on the new model yet as the first one in show room will be 7 or 8 months out still.

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 04:10 AM

Quote:

The big selling point for the whole brand is how the cars feel. If the dealers are just relying on brochures for that, there's no wonder why they keep closing!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

"Lots Of Trouble; Usually Serious"
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 07:40 AM
Vroom vroom

Quote:
That can't be the rule, maybe that one particular dealership figures they're going to sell out anyway (but why deny future customers???). Maybe these guys were asking to take the car for a weekend rather than a typical test drive, in which case I kinda understand. Lots of people here have shared stories about being sold on the Evora during the test drive, I'm sure that will be the norm.

2005 CO Elise: stage II CLF exhaust, B&M shifter, 5.25"/6.5" speakers, footwell lighting, RLS side mirrors, and 2 Dartholders (caffeine injection improves performance)
Uncage your garage queen and quit being a pansy. Daily drive it!
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 08:33 AM
dvj

I still say this will be over $100K out the door. Add a few upgrades, freight, tax, lic., etc. If I had a very limited inventory, I'm not going to give every fanboy that walks in the door a 400 demo. Porsche doesn't give everyone a demo in a 911 either. Well, unless your over 50 and graying..... ;-)

"I don't take any notice of the laws of physics; they're so inconvenient."

08 Elise SC, Storm Titanium
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian73 View Post
They are for next generation, current doesn't meet safety standards. Without the 400 they would have no legal US car today.
They could if they wanted to, but in order to do that they need another government waiver like they did with the previous model. They don't want to because there is no much demand for a car like that in the states. It is too small for the fat asses here.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 08:57 AM

100K plus = not many new customers and also probably less current Lotus owners. That price is a bit high for many people that can get a used Gallardo or Audi R8. Lotus is pushing it, they could end up not selling Lotus cars in the US in the near future.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiadawgs98 View Post
100K plus = not many new customers and also probably less current Lotus owners. That price is a bit high for many people that can get a used Gallardo or Audi R8. Lotus is pushing it, they could end up not selling Lotus cars in the US in the near future.
That's the way I feel this is heading. With the glut of used Evoras still on the market, it'll be interesting to see how well this pans out. While I'm sure it's a great car, I feel they may have priced it a little high when you consider the other cars available at that range..
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 04:19 PM
dvj

Found this info for the options above the $89K base price: .............. the options list includes automatic transmission at £2,000, Alcantara or Leather trim upgrades at £2,500 and metallic paint at £900.

A "Black Pack" option, available at £1,250, provides a distinctive look, with selected exterior panels including the roof, sills and centre section of the three-element rear wing in gloss black and a dark headlining in the interior.

Lightweight forged alloy wheels can be fitted for £2,000 and cruise control and yellow or black brake callipers are priced at £300 each.

Pretty typical sticker additions. Porsche is the worst at this option list play.

"I don't take any notice of the laws of physics; they're so inconvenient."

08 Elise SC, Storm Titanium
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 06:10 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiadawgs98 View Post
They could if they wanted to, but in order to do that they need another government waiver like they did with the previous model. They don't want to because there is no much demand for a car like that in the states. It is too small for the fat asses here.
No, the waiver extension was rejected, you can't just ask for your whole product Lind to be waive red, AM got turned down too.

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 06:13 PM
Illegal Alien

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvj View Post
Found this info for the options above the $89K base price: .............. the options list includes automatic transmission at £2,000, Alcantara or Leather trim upgrades at £2,500 and metallic paint at £900.

A "Black Pack" option, available at £1,250, provides a distinctive look, with selected exterior panels including the roof, sills and centre section of the three-element rear wing in gloss black and a dark headlining in the interior.

Lightweight forged alloy wheels can be fitted for £2,000 and cruise control and yellow or black brake callipers are priced at £300 each.

Pretty typical sticker additions. Porsche is the worst at this option list play.
formal US pricing is coming soon. You can not take foreign pricing and options as useful in our market, look up current cars. Base car in UK came with less standard parts.

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStephan View Post
That's the way I feel this is heading. With the glut of used Evoras still on the market, it'll be interesting to see how well this pans out. While I'm sure it's a great car, I feel they may have priced it a little high when you consider the other cars available at that range..
Up to date, I think there are 1300 Evora NA & Evora S since 2010 here in the US. That is a low number making this car for Lotus owners special and unique.
Having said that, how many Evora 400 will realistically sell when they are 100K or more? I bought a brand new 2013 Evora NA last year with all the options available, imagine the cost of it as a 2016 model (I know the engine is bigger and more powerful but still that's a big load of mula!) I'm staying with mine since it is very unlikely they will discount 30K on the Evora 400
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStephan View Post
While I'm sure it's a great car, I feel they may have priced it a little high when you consider the other cars available at that range..
I have heard this soooo many times about the current Evora and now the 400 and it annoys me. I get where people are coming from but the competitors are mass produced and usually built by robots in comparison.

Is $100,000 too much for peoples perception of a Lotus - yes - 100k is a lot for a raw rattly 4 cyl but not a rare, hand built, leather lined and - while it doesn't break any records - a fast car. I really think Lotus did a good job in being able to get/keep it at that price point.

For an example, to me 100k for a 911 is bad value - it's mass produced, you're nickle and dimed for every option and while they are awesome cars, for me they are not special enough to command that premium - at that point why not buy something like an RS5 and save 20k+.

For me, due to it's looks, the Evora/400 competes with cars in a price range above but is dismissed as it can't match their performance and it is too 'exotic' for it's price range. I also hate the questions on why not an R8, Vantage, F360 etc for the same money - simple, the Evora costs pittance to run.

Lotus have an issue - that is they build and sell cars that are priced well for what they are but due to peoples perceptions they are classed as overpriced. I also love when people say they need to federalize the Exige V6 - seriously how many will pay $100000+ for a fast Elise and I know as soon as Lotus got it here everyone would bitch that it's overpriced

Of course a $100000 Lotus is out of my price range anyway so it doesn't really matter

"People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living. People don't say that about you...as far as you know."

LotusPALS http://lotuspals.ning.com/

2006 Elise
2013 Evora S IPS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Front Page News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in