The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Feedback on Regions?

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  huggy bear 
#1 ·
Hey all, when I originally set up the regions, it was with a little thought, but not too much. I knew that until the cars got here, there would be limited traffic regionally.

However, the cars are coming soon and I expect we will see more traffic in the regions for those setting up meets, autocrosses, track events, drives.... whatever.

My question is, are there changes to the region formats we should consider?

One I might do eventually... because I have seen how it works on other forums.... is create a SoCal and Norcal forum... IF traffic warrants it. Because the damn state is so long. But that is a maybe and in the future.

Do the groupings make sense? Are there other regions I missed?

We may eventually add Mexico when cars are sold down there. Canada here has been kinda sad... but then there is not much going on with Canada at this time.

Australia/NZ? Europe? SELOC seems to do Europe well.

Hawaii?

See less See more
#3 ·
From the Panhandle to The Keys, Florida is huge and is a huge market. It should probably be spilt up into it's own state, or at least north/south forums.

#4 ·
Agreed that Texas and Florida should probably be separated. In the case of texas, it was more of "what the hell do with Oklahoma, Arkansas.... ?" but they maybe will end up with enough Elise owners anyway?

P.S. Fixed images.

#6 ·
Okay, I reshuffled all the regions. Keep in mind we can always move things around. For example, if Kansas becomes a hot bed of Elise events, then we can make a separate Kansas forum. Eventually some of the groupings may be too large geographically.

#7 ·
Randy, the spaces out west can be so vast, you could almost make an argument that most every state have its own 'region'. For example, it can take as long for me to drive to the top of AZ from Tucson as to get to San Diego!

That being said, I don't think you have to 'go Texan' and break out each for now, but I would be much more inclined to travel to Phoenix 90" away for an event than say, NV, 8 hours driving, and the board probably should reflect that reality

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.