The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Owners in Canada

29K views 148 replies 76 participants last post by  Deryvin 
#1 ·
Any other owners on this forum from Canada?

#3 ·
a whole bunch

#22 ·
Evan, I think I saw your car on the 417 heading East, but this was months ago. Your car looked amazing, lowered.
I remember you had a female occupant in the car and I guess you where showing her how tight the suspension is or something because you where weaving back and forth (in your lane). Just seeing you do that it really emphasized how tight the suspension must be!

Sorry dude, I’m not stocking you, but this is Ottawa, there’s very few Lotus’ around. And the Elise is my favourite car!

#10 ·
I'm most likely driving up to Vancouver for an indefinite period of time - maybe as long as a month. Love to meet some of you. :)

#19 ·
Alan,

What show are you writing for?
When are you going to be here?
We're having a Lotus Club BBQ on Aug. 16

I can wear my "United Hollywood" t-shirt. On maybe the black one, "Writers on strike" rotflrotfl

Ian
Technical Director (service manager)
Panavision Vancouver.

(I gave up on writing decades ago, but I'm still in the film biz renting cameras.)

#14 ·
BTW for the West Coast Lotus people, Weissach is hosting a track day at Pacific Raceways in Seattle on Sept 8. I'll be there. Come check it out. I did the track day in June and WOW what a blast.

#18 ·
Canadian living in China - but I come home for three weeks tomorrow!!! Can't wait to get the car out of storage. I live two hours north of Toronto.

(P.S. Does anyone have numbers on the total amount of Elise/Exige sold here (Canada) by model year? It'd be interesting to know how "exclusive" each of our vehicles are.)

#21 ·
toronto here -- I am less then 2 weeks old.

BTW -- when and where is the BBQ - would love to attend and network.

#23 ·
Vancouver. Would be a long drive for you. :cool:

Toronto; Lotus Club Canada - Lotus Car Club
Eastern Canada; Eastern Canada Lotus Club

The Vancouver club is Lotus Car Club of B.C.
The website is new, not finished, still trying to get content.
We have the best newsletter "Cam Journal" (I'm bias cause I'm the editor), you can download the older newsletters, but not the latest ones unless you become a member. There are monthly meetings, like tonight and occasional runs. Membership is open to any Lotus fanatic west of Ontario.

#24 ·
Edmonton, AB

#32 ·
can they be bought in from the Us/
Well, if I had 1$ every time I read or heard this, I'd be driving a Veyron.... on my own private island! rotfl

No you can't. If we could, no one here would be dumb enough to pay 20,000$ over the US price. Don't you think?

#28 ·
Terry,

You can't bring one in from the US.

I bought my first Elise from Toronto and the Exige from Vancouver. Both were fine. The Vancouver dealer supports us pretty well service wise via a tech that comes to Calgary.

Buy one and bring it autocrossing.

jay

#31 ·
Das Capital! (Ottawa).

Hey ECPerformance. My girlfriend lived in Moncton (Riverview) until recently and I've driven to Moncton in the Elise a couple of times. I was blown away that I was going 140-160(kmh) on the '2' and getting passed by pretty much everyone that was on the road!!! I think I passed two cars between Woodstock and Moncton?

You recommend any good roads to explore in the area? (I might be there in September for a wedding)!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.