Where should I go for Service in Ottawa Canada for Evora - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Where should I go for Service in Ottawa Canada for Evora

Please help me where do I service my evora 2011 in otttawa Canada ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 12:30 AM
krn

A few people had already suggested Gentry Lane, Lotus of Oakville or John Scotti Lotus, for this question in the Owners in Canada thread, but I'll post here in case someone else searches for answers in the future.

+1 for Gentry Lane, where I had my pre-purchase inspection last year before sending my car out west. Brian was very helpful, provided great customer service and even found some old brochures to make it feel like I was buying a brand new car. It looks like a long drive from Ottawa, so while you're waiting for service, I recommend hanging out at Annabelle Pasta Bar on Davenport at Christie, which is what I did. Good pasta, and a long Negroni menu.

I didn't get any work done at John Scotti Lotus, but I did order some parts from them last year and can say they were friendly and helpful over the phone, so might be a good option for you too.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of choices in Canada (or North America for that matter) but maybe a local Lotus car club might be able to point you to some other technicians. If you find any, post an update and let us know.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 06:32 AM

I'm in Ottawa too.. Scotti in Montreal is closest dealer and it's an easy drive especially now that they are in the West Island and as such you don't have to go anywhere near downtown if you don't want to. They've been really good to me, and it's kinda cool to hangout in the waiting room amongst all the Lambos.

------------------------------------------------------------
'08 Elise SC 60th Anniversary : Ti+Canyon Red, Touring+Track Pack, Harnesses, 2Bular, gPan3, Trackmounts2
'69 Elan : QED Head, 420 Cams , CV Joints, Spax, Panasports
'12 Audi S4
'18 BMW X3
'07 Mastercraft X2

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Gentry lane was extremely rude I emailed the sales manager and even went into the store looking to purchase a vehicle I will never take my car to them
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:10 AM

I’m surprized. I got the opposite treatment. I was in touch with them a year ago looking for an Elise, asking them to check a local Elise for me. They hinted that another Elise at Scotti’s is a ‘cleaner’, low mileage one which I ended up buying. Licensing, inspection, and service with Gentry Lane. Bob and Brian have been very helpful, also when I decided to change the original radiator.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 06:25 AM

I'm in Ottawa and I use Rodgers Performance.
A little history, I have the first Lotus Elise landed in Canada (fall 2005).
Have pretty much rebuilt the entire car over the years including Turbo charging it.
Byron is the main tech at Rodgers and has worked on my car since new.
As well he cares for about a dozen other Lotus that are in town.
He's knowledgeable and thorough. Has my absolute trust.
Attached Images

Stay Tuned.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in