Anyone deal with park place ltd service? - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 09:25 PM

I hate doing this but I gotta say that Park Place isn't my favorite. A trip for the ECU recall I was going to have them turn off the check engine light. No big deal for me as I have a Blue point hand held but just hadn't had time. (stupid evap code with my new gas cap) Something that would have taken me 2 minutes...and them maybe 30 seconds since they were already connected. I was told they "couldn't connect" so they "needed the car for a couple hours" in order to do it............mmm hmmm..right. Last time I went there for any service.

Tonkin in Portland has always treated me well. Parts and service both. I'm also a DIY'er and only use them for there "tools" which I don't have. However, snake eyes is right..there's always two sides to every story..

A wise man once said "All you need is what's around you" Well, when I looked around I saw a pimp with a shiny pair of shoes and a 49 Mercury!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Oh I wouldn't feel bad about it. If a business doesnt correct its mistakes, or preform to expectations, than others should be warned to go with caution. I actually got a call from Brian saying that he talked to the general manager and he might have a solution for the rim. I also have to pick up a few parts. I will put up the solution here and hopefully there is no hard feelings towards us.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Just got back from picking up the parts and he took in the rim and said they would take care of it. We were both a bit frustrated and looks like as long as there are no more issues (which I doubt there will be) I will keep doing business with them

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
I have been to Park Place a few times and overall my experiences have been positive. They replaced the IAC valve or something..I don't exactly remember..and it didn't really idle correctly afterwards so they trouble shot it some more but didn't charge me because..and I quote Brian.."We should have known that". So that is the good. But there also was a couple of things I wasn't so happy about.
It's always interesting to hear stories like this about park place. Or any other place with a bad rep, really. Makes me wonder why he was so accommodating toward you and not others. Was he feeling extra nice that day by chance? Did someone reprimand the service department recently? Did he give you preferential treatment based on race or age?

I tend to not play the race or age card because I suppose I'm a bit naive and want to think we're post-racial here in America (which I know we aren't, btw) and we just view a person as a person. But sometimes, as a minority (and a young minority at that, which matters when you walk into a place that sells high dollar items/services), ya gotta wonder...

Thinking of K-swapping? Here's an idea of the cost involved.

2006 LOTUS EXIGE (ASPEN WHITE) Honda K24A2 + MPx90 supercharger. 322whp/271lb-ft @13psi. Build thread here.
1994 AUTOZAM AZ-1 MAZDASPEED Japanese Super Kei!
2014 FIAT 500e Hydroelectric powered EV daily driver.
2007 SUZUKI SV650 Track bike.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 12:21 PM
I Have Commitment Issues

maybe word of this thread got back to them.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 12:41 PM

Beyond the oil line thing, I've only used them for parts, but the guy (I'm assuming is Brian) has always been very accommodating to me. I tend to go at off hours, like weekday mornings, so that might be part of it.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Yeah it could have been a number of things. I'm just glad it all worked out. . But the guy who I know that works there says that he is normally a pretty good guy and thathe was surprised when he had heard what happened. And I trust him too so that was a big deciding thing in it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 01:12 PM

Take this with a grain of salt and for what it is... an opinion from a guy who has been continually shafted by park place to varying degrees.

I'm sure your friend is correct in his assessment that the employees at Park Place are nice enough dudes --- to him. And to everyone else that either knows him personally or has to work with him on a regular to semi-regular basis. However, the measure of proper customer service is NOT how you treat your buddies/colleagues, but how you treat your customers. Look, I'm sure Brian, or anyone else at Park Place for that matter, isn't a serial killer. But that's not what we as customers want out of a consumer-facing business --- to be "normally a pretty good guy". Accountability, respect, and fairness. This is clearly what Park Place lacks. It's not enough to only show that to a certain strata of customer, you must show that to each and every person who walks through the doors of your business. I am willing to bet a slap across the face that the lack of Lotus competition in the area has made them soft so they figure they can get away with it. Some may call that market forces (i.e. if you don't like it, go elsewhere, bud) but let's just call it what it is: douchenozzlery.

Thinking of K-swapping? Here's an idea of the cost involved.

2006 LOTUS EXIGE (ASPEN WHITE) Honda K24A2 + MPx90 supercharger. 322whp/271lb-ft @13psi. Build thread here.
1994 AUTOZAM AZ-1 MAZDASPEED Japanese Super Kei!
2014 FIAT 500e Hydroelectric powered EV daily driver.
2007 SUZUKI SV650 Track bike.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 08:20 AM

I stopped going to Park Place long ago, only Ron Tonkin for me now. Those guys are awesome! Had one issue with Ron Tonkin, but am overlooking it because of all the other times they've gone above and beyond for me.

2005 Lotus Elise #635 - Magnetic Blue with blue leather, Touring Package, Hard Top, Starshield, dual oil coolers
Mods - Stainless Steel brake lines, Stage II Exhaust, Odyssey 545, Lotus Sport T4 ECU, Sport Package (LSS suspension and wheels), Cup Car air box, Lotus Sport water catch tank, Lotus Sport clutch, Lotus Sport lightened flywheel.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 08:46 AM

Garage
Maybe we need to start discussing alternate sources for maintenance on our Loti in WA (post-warranty)? Anyone have any good trusted sources? Anyone out at pacific raceways (aka SIR)?

https://www.instagram.com/evoralightness/
2012 Lotus Evora - IPS, Nightfall Blue
2011 Jaguar XF-R - 550hp
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Overland, Hemi (The Anti-Lotus)

Totalled: 2011 Lotus Evora 2+2 - Canyon Red Metallic
Sold: Saab 9-3C, MGB, Miata, Merc 560SEL, F-150, Civic, Saab 9-5SE, '05 Ford-GT, '69 Cad Sedan DeVille, Triumph Daytona 955i

Last edited by Lckitty; 08-07-2013 at 08:47 AM. Reason: mo thots
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Yeah that is very true too. But they did make up for it and i will see how it goes from now on. But trust me i will tread very carefully from now on. And Worst comes worst, i can always make the drive down to tonkin and get it done if i have any more problems with parkplace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
Take this with a grain of salt and for what it is... an opinion from a guy who has been continually shafted by park place to varying degrees.

I'm sure your friend is correct in his assessment that the employees at Park Place are nice enough dudes --- to him. And to everyone else that either knows him personally or has to work with him on a regular to semi-regular basis. However, the measure of proper customer service is NOT how you treat your buddies/colleagues, but how you treat your customers. Look, I'm sure Brian, or anyone else at Park Place for that matter, isn't a serial killer. But that's not what we as customers want out of a consumer-facing business --- to be "normally a pretty good guy". Accountability, respect, and fairness. This is clearly what Park Place lacks. It's not enough to only show that to a certain strata of customer, you must show that to each and every person who walks through the doors of your business. I am willing to bet a slap across the face that the lack of Lotus competition in the area has made them soft so they figure they can get away with it. Some may call that market forces (i.e. if you don't like it, go elsewhere, bud) but let's just call it what it is: douchenozzlery.
post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 10:15 AM

For warranty work (or other) an option for you NW Wash Lotus guys (other than Portland) is Weissach in Vancouver. Stuart who runs Parts & Service is awesome.

"Whatsa behind me isa not important" - Franco Bertolinni (Raul Julia) The Gumball Rally 1976
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 11:18 AM

Garage
Cool, thanks for that!

Here is thier link;
Weissach, Canada's Largest Independent Porsche store, also the authorized dealer for automobili Lamborghini, Lotus cars and Bugatti

https://www.instagram.com/evoralightness/
2012 Lotus Evora - IPS, Nightfall Blue
2011 Jaguar XF-R - 550hp
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Overland, Hemi (The Anti-Lotus)

Totalled: 2011 Lotus Evora 2+2 - Canyon Red Metallic
Sold: Saab 9-3C, MGB, Miata, Merc 560SEL, F-150, Civic, Saab 9-5SE, '05 Ford-GT, '69 Cad Sedan DeVille, Triumph Daytona 955i
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 05:53 PM

Sorry to bring back a dead thread, but I want to take the time to express my similar experiences with Brian and Park Place. In general a very negative experience.
I'm 31, I've owned lotuses for about 5 years now, and without fail, service estimates have always off. Things that are supposed to be fixed, dont get fixed. Parts don't get ordered. Email communication is terrible, in fact, I've sent 5 emails in a row without getting a reply. All of this comes with a very inflated shop rate.

The undertone of me being an inconvenience to the guy is sometimes there and sometimes not. I now use group 2, cantrell, or travel to portland when the lotus needs fixed. Such a shame.
I honestly don't want my words or reviews to affect anyone negatively, but it would be great if he could take this feedback and improve his service, so everyone can benefit.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-28-2016, 10:39 AM

I have been dealing with Park Place and Brian for years. I have had nothing but positive experiences with them and their work. They have serviced my Elise from time to time over the last 8 years and I have had no issues. This past August I traded in my Lexus (which I believe Brian scooped up for his wife) for an Evora from them. I had issues with my Evora (stuck door lock and a bad cam sensor and airbag issue) and Brian had parts ordered and it was sorted in just a couple days. Sorry to hear of your bad experience with them. If you are looking for another Lotus "know how" shop, head over to Cantrell's. They are just on the other side of the Safeway a few blocks from Park Place off Bell-Red Rd. They know Lotus and service/modify high end sports cars like lambo etc. They also race Porsche and Lotus. The last work I had them do for me was my supercharger install and the work and service was flawless.

https://cantrellmotorsport.com/

EDIT: Sorry I didn't even see this as an old thread, thought it was new and was responding to the OP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Northwest Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in