LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f107/)
-   -   Great experience with Jiffy Lube oil change for the Elise, will go back. (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f107/great-experience-jiffy-lube-oil-change-elise-will-go-back-160578/)

MCdougieFresh 07-14-2013 05:31 PM

Great experience with Jiffy Lube oil change for the Elise, will go back.

Hey guys. I was driving home and pulled over into the parking lot adjacent to a Jiffy Lube to adjust some settings on my new stereo (unfamiliar with the more advanced settings, didn't want to be an ass and do it while driving), and while I'm sitting there, this guy from Jiffy Lube comes over to check out the car and talk a bit. His name was Willy and he was surprisingly knowledgeable about the ins and outs of the car, engine, available packages, etc. and a real friendly guy. He happened to mention that he knew they had the right oil (he even knew it was 5W-40 synthetic Havoline - said they had the equivalent high performance blend) and ran back to check that they had the right filter (they did - I double checked him but apparently didn't need to) and wasn't high pressure about it, but he said they could do the oil change (he was already aware of the aero plates and said that wasn't a problem either, no extra charge). I was feeling adventurous and knowing that those chains guarantee their work and anything that goes wrong if they mess up, I went for it.

It was fast. My hands stayed clean. Service was very professional and the guys were all really nice. Everything went smoothly and I was out in about 30 minutes. Charge was $60 I believe.

So just wanted to vouch for their store, that they can do our oil changes fast, cheap, and properly. Jared is the manager, young guy and very professional.

I had wondered for a long time if we could just go to one of these places to have our oil changed like anyone else, and it turns out that at least at this store, we can.

Jiffy LubeŽ Service Center #1006
4125 SE POWELL BLVD
PORTLAND , OR 97202-1725 US
Contact Information:
Phone: 503-775-4588

Catch up with you guys in the Portland Lotus club soon.

Nessal 07-14-2013 08:04 PM

16 Attachment(s)
Ehhhh...you lucked out.

LotusCC 07-14-2013 08:19 PM

Really, Really, Really lucked out.

I used them twice (not on Lotus) and they were completely incompetent.

Two different states (Florida and NewHampshire), several years apart.

Swore I'd never do that EVER again, and I haven't;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Kimgt 07-14-2013 08:28 PM

eh, its one of those hit or miss places. I think the guy took care of you because he really liked the car. Right when I bought my car I had to have the oil changed, being 350 mi from home I brought it to EZ lube. The guys were really unfamiliar but allowed me to guide them through it. 45 mins later, we got her done clean and easy.

Either way, good on them for taking care.

gooberschnot 07-14-2013 08:37 PM

Did he know the correct jack points?

agirls 07-14-2013 08:51 PM

They have pits underneath. No jacking required.

FistHammer 07-15-2013 03:52 AM

Wait tell the next person gets under there an says you oil bolt hole is stripped and the undertray bolts are cross threaded n half gone'

I bet u did meet 1 good employee, to bad tha can't be counted for all there grease monkeys'

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

agirls 07-15-2013 04:16 AM

and no doubt the oil drain plug was over torqued to hell lol.

4380r 07-15-2013 04:28 AM

While you were waiting, did a guy come in and show you a filthy air filter from a '63 Buick, imply it was yours, and try to sell you a new one?