Hello! New owner from Steilacoom, WA - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Hello! New owner from Steilacoom, WA

Hello all, I have been on the forum for the last year or so lurking (helped pass the time during deployment to Afghanistan) and finally found the Elise for me and wanted to introduce myself to my fellow Pac NW'ers. I am currently stationed at Fort Lewis and am an executive officer in a cavalry scout troop. I am posting this a week after getting the car because I drove the car to work a couple times and got so much attention I felt like it was wrong to ask for anymore by posting on here, but Lckitty asked me to post some pics so I figured what could a little more attention hurt?

I have read the stories on here about people's reactions to seeing a Lotus, but I guess I wasn't prepared for all the waves, stares, call-outs, 10 minute long parking lot conversations, accusations of "coming from money" (other Soldiers comments...but nobody says anything about the $40k mustangs everyone and their mom buys), and the 1990 Acura something or another trying to race me on a 30 mph city street with stoplights every block...and I've only had it a week haha! It's been a great week with a non-stop grin. I've been tired at work all week because I stay in the garage until super late at night detailing it and just getting familiar with it.

Looking forward to hopefully making it Redmond Exotics next week and meeting some fellow LT'ers. I am not a photographer but it was actually a beautiful sunny day so that counts for a lot up here!

-Jeremy
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 04:15 AM

Welcome back to the land of the Big PX. Thx for your service. Nice ride!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 08:13 AM

Garage
Gorgeous, hope to see you at Exotics @RTC Saturday (6/15). I'll bet you are having fun needlessly driving around ;-)

https://www.instagram.com/evoralightness/
2012 Lotus Evora - IPS, Nightfall Blue
2011 Jaguar XF-R - 550hp
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Overland, Hemi (The Anti-Lotus)

Totalled: 2011 Lotus Evora 2+2 - Canyon Red Metallic
Sold: Saab 9-3C, MGB, Miata, Merc 560SEL, F-150, Civic, Saab 9-5SE, '05 Ford-GT, '69 Cad Sedan DeVille, Triumph Daytona 955i

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 08:34 AM

Garage
That is a superb car, it's in great shape and in fact won 3rd place in the Lotus category at the British Car Show in Winter Park Florida a few months ago; mine came in 2nd with 1st place going to a yellow 1971 Elan. How do you like that exhaust sound? You got a great buy there, enjoy to the max.

David.

2015 Dodge Charger R/T Premium (Daily Driver)
2001 Lotus Esprit V8 (Weekend Driver)
2011 Dodge Charger Rallye (Sold)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife's car but great for golf trips and hauling stuff)
2001 Superformance S1 (Sold)
1968 Mini Cooper (Sold)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, and will definitely be at RTC on Saturday...been planning on it for weeks before even getting the car. And the exhaust sounds great, car drives incredibly...the only bad thing about it is my DD is a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 and I used to think it was fast and handled pretty well - now when I drive it I feel like I'm driving a boat!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 10:02 PM

Welcome to the club! I drive through your area about once a month to visit Family in Federal Way and of course go-karting at SyKart, just stay away from gran prix raceway by Ft Lewis its a dangerous terribly ran business.

2005 Lotus Elise - Laser Blue - SOLD
2005 Lamborghini Gallardo - Weekend Car
2010 Ferrari California
2016 BMW X5M - Wifemobile
2014 Ram 1500 Limited - Tow Vehicle
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 08:00 PM

Welcome im pretty close to this area. Mostly in Tacoma and UP! I use to have a 2008.5 cwp ms3...i miss that car!

06 AW Exige with sc kit
2012 Fuji white Range Rover Evoque
2013 Audi A7 3.0t prestige daytona pearl gray
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2kjoe View Post
Welcome im pretty close to this area. Mostly in Tacoma and UP! I use to have a 2008.5 cwp ms3...i miss that car!
You live in UP? I am up there to visit friends often. Was thinking of selling my ms3 but just couldn't do it, it is speedy and practical
(Especially with a roof rack)

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 08:22 PM

I mostly reside in tacoma but stay in fircrest. My daughter goes to the curtis jr high! Yea the ms3 was cool but could not third gear to get in when speed shifting. I think that was attributed to the weak motor mounts! Plus i had a kid on the way so had to trade for mini van!

06 AW Exige with sc kit
2012 Fuji white Range Rover Evoque
2013 Audi A7 3.0t prestige daytona pearl gray

Last edited by s2kjoe; 06-18-2013 at 08:35 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatedjonez View Post
Thanks guys, and will definitely be at RTC on Saturday...been planning on it for weeks before even getting the car. And the exhaust sounds great, car drives incredibly...the only bad thing about it is my DD is a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 and I used to think it was fast and handled pretty well - now when I drive it I feel like I'm driving a boat!

Yeah, my DD was a Volvo XC, now it's my Lotus Esprit, I'm putting about 1000 miles per month on it (summer right?). I'm in Bonney Lake, but was in Bremerton yesterday for club trials in the lotus, you should try that, harmless, pretty safe fun on the track for not much $$.

Need a battery tender for the Volvo driving it now feels like I'm in a pickup, the lotus is very nice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Northwest Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in