Looking to get an Exige - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Smile Looking to get an Exige

I test drove a 2005 Elise back in 05 and haven't driven a Lotus since. It was a memorable experience.

I came very close to purchasing one in Oregon at that time (it was a "high mileage" one with 35k miles that sold right out from under me for high 20's...man the values on these have been solid).

Ended up getting an Evo IX instead, and then an S2000 a few years later which I still have. I've since also added an E90 M3 to the stable.

The time has come to change things up again. I'm going to be putting the S2000 up for sale very soon and hopefully using the proceeds to purchase a Lotus. Right now leaning towards an Exige over an Elise but not totally sure.

My question (sorry it took so long if you're still reading) is if anyone would be willing to let me drive their Exige? I want to freshen up my recollection of the driving experience. An S version would be preferred.

I'd be happy to trade a drive in my E90 M3 if that is of interest.

Thanks everyone! The Lotus is a special car - I want to join the club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 08:18 PM

Exiges can be very hard to come by. I tried to hold out for a long time for an Exige, but eventually got impatient and "settled" on an Elise. No regrets, I LOVE my car (have had it ~3.5 years now), but every time I see an Exige I get a little bit jealous. At the time I was searching for a car to replace my old WRX, I had narrowed it down to S2000, Cayman, or Lotus. I think I made the right decision, it's not the world's fastest car, but the driver experience is like nothing else. (a supercharged one would help though! )

Good luck!

- 2005 Elise
- 2001 Toyota Tacoma
- 2008 Toyota Yaris
- 1961 VW Dune Buggy

Last edited by Twizzstyle; 04-30-2014 at 08:24 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 08:51 PM

Good luck. Here's one.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224362

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

05 Arctic Silver UK:
12 Wrangler JKU

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Sold the S2000 last night and miss having a small two-seat sports car already.

Anyone have an Exige around here I could take a ride in or finagle a quick drive. Again - you can drive my E90 M3.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urBan_dK View Post
Sold the S2000 last night and miss having a small two-seat sports car already.

Anyone have an Exige around here I could take a ride in or finagle a quick drive. Again - you can drive my E90 M3.
Man, it's a small world. You were doing the S2K meets @ Bostons right? I went to a few. I had the black AP 1.5. I remember you were pretty serious into tuning.

I've recently picked up an Orange Elise. We're pretty lucky because Park Place LTD is so close, I think they have a few Elises for sale but not Exiges. Coming from a (mostly) stock S2K to a mostly stock Elise has been quite the experience. It's seriously in a different league.

Also, Elise/Exige values are only rising, as far as I've seen... They're aren't that many and there won't be any more! But anyhow, welcome man. Maybe we can still do meets with Junky once you get your Elise, haha.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miro View Post
Man, it's a small world. You were doing the S2K meets @ Bostons right? I went to a few. I had the black AP 1.5. I remember you were pretty serious into tuning.

I've recently picked up an Orange Elise. We're pretty lucky because Park Place LTD is so close, I think they have a few Elises for sale but not Exiges. Coming from a (mostly) stock S2K to a mostly stock Elise has been quite the experience. It's seriously in a different league.

Also, Elise/Exige values are only rising, as far as I've seen... They're aren't that many and there won't be any more! But anyhow, welcome man. Maybe we can still do meets with Junky once you get your Elise, haha.
Yeah I still go to meets about 50% of the time...non-owners are still welcome. Maybe we will see you again some time?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 09:05 PM
Monaco Dreamin'

Come to the [email protected] meet tomorrow 9-11 in the morning. I can tell you all you need to know about the Exige.

01 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6 TME
93 Lancia Delta Integrale Evo 2
65 Ford Mustang 289 5spd
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCspeed34 View Post
Come to the [email protected] meet tomorrow 9-11 in the morning. I can tell you all you need to know about the Exige.
Missed it, but plan on getting to it again this summer. Would love to pick your brain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Northwest Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in