Lotus Oil Line Recall Lotus of Bellevue (PPL) - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Finally got my recall done. My left oil cooler was "frozen" to the tube so they put in a new one.

NOTE: Their scan tool was not working today and thus could not accomplish the ECU-VIN recall. I'm going to be in Bellevue next week and am going to call them to see if it is fixed.

Oh and they washed the car too, nice, but they used a sprayer to rinse and thus got water in the car so, don't forget to bring a towel. (My soft top does not seal on the window well, typical)

'06 Elise Aspen White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Less is Better

I hope they have the OBD tool working by Friday.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 10:04 PM

Thanks for the update! i should be getting mine done in the summer. Wanna get some stuff done while they are down there.

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by me73 View Post
I hope they have the OBD tool working by Friday.
Yah, give them a call. Push them along a little.

'06 Elise Aspen White
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 06:48 PM
Less is Better

Well, two new oil coolers later and my recall is done. They have the OBD2 tool working again. My idle actually seems a little more stable too.

Interestingly, they estimate about 200 Elises are within the service region of PP and about 40 have been done so far.

Last edited by me73; 04-01-2013 at 11:19 AM.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 12:23 PM

Just got mine done this week along with my factory maintenance and front rotors replaced. I didn't even bring my letter in, they just asked "Did you get a letter?" I said yep and away they went. Took them a day to do everything. I wonder whats up with the seized cooler fittings. They replaced my left cooler as well with the recall. Love dealing with these guys and they wash the car as well. No VIN update for me due to SC tune.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 09:49 PM

I just moved up and had Park Place perform the recall. They have an agreement with Enterprise and paid for the one day rental with Enterprise. My recall took 1 business day to fix. One of the oil cooler fittings were frozen. I think the hose fitting is steel and the oil cooler/oil cooler nipple is aluminum. If thats true, mating two different metal types will result in seizing. They were friendly and provided a free oil change so that was nice. Free car wash and vacuum interior. Nice.
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 05:16 AM
Less is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinky64 View Post
I just moved up and had Park Place perform the recall. They have an agreement with Enterprise and paid for the one day rental with Enterprise. My recall took 1 business day to fix. One of the oil cooler fittings were frozen. I think the hose fitting is steel and the oil cooler/oil cooler nipple is aluminum. If thats true, mating two different metal types will result in seizing. They were friendly and provided a free oil change so that was nice. Free car wash and vacuum interior. Nice.
What? I specifically asked and they told me they didn't provide a rental car.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by me73 View Post
What? I specifically asked and they told me they didn't provide a rental car.
Judging from your avatar I guess they thought you had the batmobile as a backup car.

2009 Saffron Elise
1986 Toyota Tercel - RIP Oct 20/2012
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 08:01 AM

What? is right! I didn't get a free rental or a free oil change. I'm glad you were able to get that but it would of been nice if they gave it to all.
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 09:29 AM

I did my recall a month ago. All I got was the free opportunity to walk around the area in absolute boredom for 8 hours and a bill for the oil change I asked for since I was there anyways.

Glad they treated you so well, are you a super attractive female?
post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 01:47 PM

I didn't get e rental, didn't bother to ask because I was picked up and dropped off. But they did a partially-free oil charge for me too. It was part of my 52k service so they deducted that from it. The reason why is that Lotus covers it when you are replacing the lines and the loss of oil that comes with the job. At least that's what PPL told me.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 01:51 PM

I know the service guys real well there good folk, great dealer...

Now if sales would stop trying to get me to trade my lotus in, that would make me happy. If they wont it so bad, buy it from me.
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 10:40 AM

Am I a super attractive female? lol. I'm a male.
Come to think about it, I think they did charge me for the oil change because out the door cost was about $100.
As for the car rental. Yes, they provided a 1 day car rental with Enterprise. I had a Hyundai Sonata (turbo 2.0L) as the rental. Somebody from Enterprise drives to PPL to pick you up and drive you to Enterprise. You fill out the paperwork and they hand the keys over. They do charge you the rental but you are then reimbursed upon returning the vehicle to Enterprise. Drop the car back off at Enterprise and PPL comes to pick you up from Enterprise. Hope this helps.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 11:48 AM

Got mine done a few weeks ago. They did pretty good. It was quick and I was kept in the loop

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Northwest Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in