To buy or not to buy?? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

To buy or not to buy??

I am looking for someone who owns a Lotus Exige in the Denver area. I am looking into buying one by summer and doing some heavy mods to it. I have never seen an Exige other than on TV, but I love everything I see. I was wondering if anyone in the Denver area would be willing to let me look and possibly ride in their exige . I just want to make sure I am making the right choice because I will be owning this car for a long time. Thanks and happy new year!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 04:33 AM

Welcome - not in Denver so can't help there, but....

- You plan on buying a car, but you've never actually seen one? Strikes me as a bit odd. Now granted, when you see it, you'll love it more than you do now, but...

- What sort of mods are you planning? Will it be for street or track?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

I know it sounds weird that I want a car that I have never seen but I had a 350z few years ago and really liked road racing it. So I would like a car that I can road race but still have fun driving on Sundays. I want to do an engine build/swap or maybe a small turbo to get around 300hp area. Plus doing some brakes maybe and safety gear for road racing. From what I have read about the exige/Elise is that they are fun on the track/mountain roads and have that unique look. The purpose of this post is just to make sure I like what I think I like and make a good choice.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus_speed View Post
I know it sounds weird that I want a car that I have never seen but I had a 350z few years ago and really liked road racing it. So I would like a car that I can road race but still have fun driving on Sundays. I want to do an engine build/swap or maybe a small turbo to get around 300hp area. Plus doing some brakes maybe and safety gear for road racing. From what I have read about the exige/Elise is that they are fun on the track/mountain roads and have that unique look. The purpose of this post is just to make sure I like what I think I like and make a good choice.
I did the same thing here in Phoenix a few months ago......after seeing one and sitting in it, I bought one as soon as I could afterward....a couple weeks.

Watch out. They are addictive! Love mine.

Good luck finding someone nice enough to let you check it out. The forum here is a great resource full of helpful people.
Sean
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingLo View Post

- You plan on buying a car, but you've never actually seen one? Strikes me as a bit odd. Now granted, when you see it, you'll love it more than you do now, but...

I had never sat in or even seen an Exige before and I flew out to Reno, Nevada and purchased an Exige on the spot.

2006 ST Exige - GT-28RS, Darton sleeved/decked/line-honed, ARP hardware, Wiseco 8.8:1 pistons, MWR valves/springs/retainers, RC injectors, Walbro pump, CWorx oil pump, Moroso oil pan, S111 TrackMounts, Spearco intercooler, GReddy catch-can, Turbosmart BOV, Fidanza clutch/flywheel CF Panels/scoops, S111 Rear Diffuser/Rear-Panel Delete/discNOIR Brakes w/SS lines/RTDbrace/Towhook, APR CF Splitter Alpine unit w/MBQuart, CF binnacle/shifter, Schroth harness, S111 shift brace (Sold)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus_speed View Post
When you say 'road racing' - you mean track? If so, can't get much better for the money for a track day car then an Exige.

Problem is that there just aren't that many of them so harder to find for sale vs. an Elise. But this is the best place for it.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Been a few days and still no one offering. I have seen an Elise on the road but not up close, since they are somewhat similar is there anyone willing to let me take a in-depth look at their Elise?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingLo View Post

Considering most dealers had a long waiting list in 2004 for the 2005 Elise (sight unseen) when it first came to America I hardly think it's to "odd"
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 07:40 PM

Have an 05 Elise... And in north Colorado Springs... But always looking for an excuse to drive. If interested, call 719-271-1456 mike
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 04:37 AM

Test drive? In snowy/icy Colorado? Bah, fly to sunny Tucson Arizona, I will pick you up at the airport and take you for a test drive where the streets are dry and clear year around. Might want to grab a lightweight jacket, temperatures may dip to 50, wouldn't want you to catch cold.

Storm titanium 2005 Elise with carbon fiber spoiler, BWR sway bar, BOE toe links, gPan2, LidBone, sector 111 wheel studs, Grey RAC Monolite wheels with toyo R1R, Team Dynamics 1.4 with Hoosier A6/R6s, Katana2 Supercharger, ECU with 265 flash. PPE headers w/decat, CEL angle eliminator, Silent touch catback, Rear Panel Eliminator, HKS intake, V2 fuel tank, Walbro255 fuel pump. HID lights.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 07:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by addertooth View Post
Test drive? In snowy/icy Colorado? Bah, fly to sunny Tucson Arizona
Where is the snow and ice? Its been in the 70's here

1985 Lotus Turbo Esprit
1991 Lotus Elan M100
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

I am still looking for someone on this forum to help me out. I went and test drove a few sports cars this weekend but not an exige. Please help me make the right choice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Rocky Mountain Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in