Does Anybody Know the Exige Club Racer for Sale in Englewood - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Does Anybody Know the Exige Club Racer for Sale in Englewood

I'm considering buying the '08 Club Racer that is for sale in Englewood, CO (please don't swoop in on it right away !). Looks clean. I am wondering if anyone in the region knows anything about the car, its owner(s), or its history. Any info that could prevent a potentially disasterous decision or even just forewarning me before making a trip would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks in advance.

The smile stays plastered on your face well after the "difficult egress." Some day...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 12:40 PM

it has been for sale before. it is being sold by a broker. it sounds like a good car from what i have heard .
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Interesting. Do you know what the asking price was before? Could maybe use that to my advantage. Do oyu know if brokers' prices are firm or negotiable?

The smile stays plastered on your face well after the "difficult egress." Some day...

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 01:14 PM

The price was around 50k before. that was more then a year ago. if it is good condition
I think if you can get it for 40-41 i would think that is good deal. the broker will take any offer and speak to owner. the car is still with the owner when i wanted to look at it.

Ed
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a ton for the info

Never dealt with an auto broker before so didn't really know how that worked. Would make it all the more enticing to see it in that price range

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 02:59 PM

I am not too far from there. If you want me to go look at it I can...

Apexes are a lot like relationships. So tough to get right, so easy to see where they went wrong.

The secret to a long life is ------- not dying.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 03:44 PM

I've seen that car on the highway several times over the last several years, so I'm pretty sure it is a Colorado car. Which is a good thing.

Travis
Vulcan Grey Esprit 89 SE

My Lotus Project Photo Collection
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 04:52 PM

Garage
Cmrodman,

I'm sorry to let you know that I just bought the car Saturday Feb 16. I just saw this post today, so I didn't intentionally sweep in on the car. I actually contacted the broker the first day it was posted for sale. He actually said I was the first person to contact him about the car.

Flew out and drove the car on Saturday and again on Sunday. There were two known issues with the car. The first was the passenger power door lock didn't function and the second was the flap that controls the temp of the air going into the cockpit did not work. However the owner is paying to have both fixed. I inspected the car myself and couldn't find any other flaws. It drove great and appeared mechanically sound. I had the car inspected by Ferrari of Denver today and they confirmed there was nothing wrong mechanically with the car. They did find one of the blinkers blinks fast so they are fixing that tomorrow along with the other issues I mentioned. In addition they could find no evidence of track use or accidents. The owner confirmed he did not track the car ever.

I did the CarFax and it has had 3 owners including the original dealer. The current owner said the second owner was a car collector and didn't track the car either. CarFax was clean. The car also came with the complete maintenance history from new. It shows the car was well maintained and has spent it's whole life (until now) in Colorado.

Anyway, I don't intend to track the car either. Just the occasional sunny weekend excursion. If you have any other questions about the car, just let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Rocky Mountain Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in