Foreign Elise coming through your area - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 06:20 AM

Thanks - as I said, I just was mostly concerned for you.

Lotuscupcar's explanation covers it - particularly the part
Quote:
"Only individual nonresidents may import a vehicle through a nonresident exemption.• "
- - - this is why US citizens are getting grey market vehicles confiscated because we simply aren't able to drive such cars.

Interesting and odd loop hole.

Have a safe trip Waelsie and good luck.

2009 EXIGE SPORT 260 - Chrome Orange / Carbon Fiber / Black with the ~mustache~
Purchased through St Louis Motorsports

The Comprehensive Exige 260 Registry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Not a loop hole in the slightest. Just because you Americans don't often take your cars overseas, you think it is "odd" or illegal. But in Europe or Asia or Africa (ie the rest of the world !!!!) where people drive their cars into different countries every day, it is just the way business is done - the visitor may drive his car in the foreign country as long as he remains a visitor. If he stops being a visitor (like he becomes resident) then he has to register his car locally, and to do that the car has to conform to local regulations just the same as it does in the US. I do not find it odd at all.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

OK. Leaving Vegas Fri am 23rd. Going to Zion NP and around a scenic drive near there for a couple of days, then to Colorado on 25th and probably get into Colrodao Springs on 26th. How long does it take me to get from Colorado Springs to MiMis Cafe or wherever it is for the meeting at 6 pm on the 27th ? Remember I have to get up Pikes Peak first !!!
Giles

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 08:26 PM

Giles, If approx 1 hr from Colo Springs to Mimi's

9155 Park Medows, Lone Tree, CO, 80124

Apexes are a lot like relationships. So tough to get right, so easy to see where they went wrong.

The secret to a long life is ------- not dying.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 02:02 PM

Colorado Springs

Hi Giles!

I'm also a member of LOCO -- and live here in the 'Springs. I've been following your travels off and on --- and depending upon your availability and (unfortunately) my work schedule, we could meet-up for a "cold frostie -- or two.

There's a world-class PUB at the Broadmoor; called the Golden Bee -- (basically at the foot of Pike's Peak) that has some GREAT draft beer! But please, don't go out of your way -- ('cause my schedule is iffy) -- but, if you find yourself "thirsty" one evening -- I'd happily buy 'ya a yard!

Just post your projected arrival date / time -- and I'll try to swing across town. And if we don't get that beer -- have a GREAT TRIP!

v/r,
Tom
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Tom, I arrived here tonight (Monday) after 10 hours in the saddle. Staying in the Country Lodge in Woodland Park for the night. After a leaisurely breakfast in morning I shall be going up Pikes Peak, then moseying up to Mimi's for the meeting at 6 pm. If you want to meet for lunch tomorrow, after I come down from the hill, let me know. I will pm you my cell phone number
Giles
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 03:45 PM

Hello Again...
Sorry we couldn't make that beer happen -- but, it was a pleasure talking with you -- and LOCO will take great care of you!
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 10:00 AM

Well... I told you that because of my Elise I meet the coolest people!
Attached Images

Apexes are a lot like relationships. So tough to get right, so easy to see where they went wrong.

The secret to a long life is ------- not dying.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waelsie View Post
Not a loop hole in the slightest. Just because you Americans don't often take your cars overseas, you think it is "odd" or illegal. But in Europe or Asia or Africa (ie the rest of the world !!!!) where people drive their cars into different countries every day, it is just the way business is done - the visitor may drive his car in the foreign country as long as he remains a visitor. If he stops being a visitor (like he becomes resident) then he has to register his car locally, and to do that the car has to conform to local regulations just the same as it does in the US. I do not find it odd at all.
Giles

There is a world outside of USA???? If so, most dumb Americans certainly aren't aware of it

2007 Chili Red Elise
2009 Chrome Orange Exige S260
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotuscupcar View Post
Giles

There is a world outside of USA???? If so, most dumb Americans certainly aren't aware of it
Rofl !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Rocky Mountain Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in