I-25 Alternate Route (Lotus Friendly) - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

I-25 Alternate Route (Lotus Friendly)

Hypothetically...

If I wanted to really push my Lotus, however I couldn't/didn't want to go to the track/mountains, where are some good city diving locations?

This is a favorite route of mine on the weekends, as there is never any traffic and the route is extremely Lotus friendly.

Inverness Dr W to S Havana St - Google Maps

I am certainly not advocating breaking any traffic laws and safety first and yaadah yaddah yaddah....

If anyone else has a favorite stretch around town, please share!

1993.5 Esprit|1994 Dodge Viper|1971 Porsche 911T|1986 Trans Am|1987 AM General HMMWV|1992 Lamborghini Diablo|2004 Supercharged 350z|1991 testarossa|2008 Gallardo Superleggera|2010 FJ Cruiser|1982 Ford Club Wagon 4x4|2005 CBR 600RR|2000 Franken-chopper|2001 BMW R1200C|1995 Ducati 916
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 09:39 AM

go out a little more East to Hwy 83...it is scenic.

'06 Lotus Elise Ardent Red, Touring, Sport, Driving Lights, Stage II Exhaust, Risen Engine Covers, Star Shield, SirLotus' Front Under Clam Protectors in anti-matter-black, Yoko's, Sector111 FFI Cover; DS Brace Toe-link upgrade and cool Carpet Buttons, Long Blond Hairs in Pax Seat ... I think the most important thing is that in the last seven days we've just had the greatest adventure of our lifetimes. (Richard Branson)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

83 is ok, but it's not very curvy and you always get stuck behind someone. Do you have a particular stretch you like?

Post a link with the route from Google Maps!

1993.5 Esprit|1994 Dodge Viper|1971 Porsche 911T|1986 Trans Am|1987 AM General HMMWV|1992 Lamborghini Diablo|2004 Supercharged 350z|1991 testarossa|2008 Gallardo Superleggera|2010 FJ Cruiser|1982 Ford Club Wagon 4x4|2005 CBR 600RR|2000 Franken-chopper|2001 BMW R1200C|1995 Ducati 916

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2012, 08:14 PM

High Plains.... Cheaper than a ticket!

Way more fun than streets.

Travis
Vulcan Grey Esprit 89 SE

My Lotus Project Photo Collection
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 11:39 PM

As someone who nearly lost his license doing 83 in a 35 on a completely deserted 4 lane road in broad daylight with perfect visibility and good weather, go to HPR. It really isn't fun paying almost $2000 total with lawyer fees, driving school courses, fines, etc and it doesn't matter how empty and safe the road is to be driving on. One cop at the wrong time and you're screwed.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveshowey View Post
If I wanted to really push my Lotus, however I couldn't/didn't want to go to the track/mountains...
Oooh, a game!

Like, "If I wanted to go to Hawaii but didn't want to fly or take a boat..."

"If I wanted to have sex with a hot, famous woman but not a supermodel or actress..."

"If I wanted to gamble in Vegas, but don't like cards or dice..."

Travis is exactly correct. A day at HPR is cheaper than a speeding ticket and lasts a lot longer. I keep asking myself when the thrill of the track will wear off, but it's still going strong after 10 track days.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Absolute power does what?

Vulcan and all are 100% correct - bring it to HPR sometime. If you head out with either a school/club (strongly recommend BMW or PCA) you'll be good or if you head out with a few of us regulars you'll be fine too. What you DON'T want to do is go out on an open day by yourself or with someone who's not extremely experienced. That's a good way to have a horrible and possibly damaging time.

Feel free to drop me an email - ross at jasbone dawt-com and I'll let you know a day some of us are heading out. If you've never driven your car on a track you've never driven you car. If you've never ridden in one on track with an experienced driver you have no idea what these cars are capable of

As for good street drives there are NONE. Sure, you could have fun for 2 seconds here, 3 seconds there all while risking yourself, your car, others, your financial future, etc. At the track you have fun for 20 MINUTES at a time, not 20 seconds.

Just my .02

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Daily/Tow: '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Rocky Mountain Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in