A Lap around HPR - 2:07 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Absolute power does what?

A Lap around HPR - 2:07

Gents,

As I've been trying to twist some of your arms into bringing your cars out to the track (great seeing Frank and Erik (ERP) out yesterday) I figured I'd post up a video from yesterday's lapping day. Cold and rainy/sleety in the morning but it dried out at lunch (but stayed chilly). Managed to run my personal best on street tires, 2:07.1

Car is stock power, stock brake calipers and stock suspension. Was on great condition Toyo R888s

My goal for this season is a 2:02 on slicks. Traqmate put my theoretical best lap at 2:06 on streets so I know the car can do it.

Come out and see what your car can do - I promise we'll keep you safe :-)

-Ross

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Daily/Tow: '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 09:37 AM

Wow that looks fun.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 03:15 PM

Picking up a spare set of tires and wheels, Thanks MightyMike, within a week or so.

Odds of me enjoying a track day are going up.

Apexes are a lot like relationships. So tough to get right, so easy to see where they went wrong.

The secret to a long life is ------- not dying.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Absolute power does what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trichards View Post
Wow that looks fun.
Yeah, it is :-)

Quote:
Odds of me enjoying a track day are going up.
Good, it's about time you get out there Doug!

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Daily/Tow: '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 09:17 AM

Garage
I'll be out there as soon as I'm back from europe

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 07:37 AM
ERP

Hey Ross, it was a fun track day on Friday. I enjoyed taking a few laps in the hail/rain. That's a great track time. My best is also 2.07 on A048s, but I have a 280 hp supercharged engine. On turn 7 you are 5 mph faster than I am, which shows the benefits of your aero and wider front tires.

I've reviewed the video of the WRX that powered off the track, he did hit his brakes just as his car left the track, which was about 3 seconds too slow.

2006 Chrome Orange Elise - 6.3 lbs/hp - MP-62 Supercharger, 3.2" Pulley, BOE Fast-Works Tune, Ported Head, MWR Stage 3 Cams, Penske Suspension, Cup Air Box, PPE Header with Catless Custom Twin Tip Exhaust, Fidanza Flywheel, ACT Clutch, MWR Water Pump + Alternator Pulley, 1900 lbs
Saab Turbo X, 415hp, 532 tq
Tesla S P85D - Wife's daily driver
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERP View Post
Hey Ross, it was a fun track day on Friday. I enjoyed taking a few laps in the hail/rain. That's a great track time. My best is also 2.07 on A048s, but I have a 280 hp supercharged engine. On turn 7 you are 5 mph faster than I am, which shows the benefits of your aero and wider front tires.

I've reviewed the video of the WRX that powered off the track, he did hit his brakes just as his car left the track, which was about 3 seconds too slow.

Was the WRX STi white?? If so that was me.... and thats what happens when you melt your front brakes.... That was my first time running HPR, and everything I had read on the forums led me to believe that my brake setup was fine for lapping. Turns out it was not. HP+s last about 4-5 laps before disappearing. I learned that lesson the hard way, and there was no way of saving it other than to put it in the dirt in the safest way possible. Oh well, everything ended up working out.

FWIW, before the brakes went out, I was managing times under 2:10 on RS3s...

Those Lotuses were sweet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Rocky Mountain Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in