LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/)
-   Rocky Mountain Region (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f108/)
-   -   Lotus mechanic (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f108/lotus-mechanic-336593/)

bgo 11-09-2015 10:02 PM

Lotus mechanic

Anyone know of a good race shop for lotus exige on the front range of Colorado?

bri3d 11-09-2015 11:34 PM

What do you need done? While I've never used them, Concours Motorsports in Colorado Springs are a BOE partner. I know that 3R and SCR (the two other big race shops along the Front Range) have both seen Elises and Exiges in the past but don't specialize in them. Ferrari of Denver are a factory dealer and I haven't heard anything bad about them in the last few years although they are very expensive. I took my car there for the oil line recall and they seemed quite competent.

Most of the owners I know along the front range either DIY completely or ship their cars to BOE (by Kansas City) for major work.

lotus90 11-10-2015 01:32 AM

It depends what you want done? There are not any shops that specialize in Lotus cars. The lotus dealer has mixed reputation. I plan on doing engine upgrade and take it to BOE in Kansas

bgo 11-10-2015 12:06 PM

Thanks to both who replied. Same information that I have, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

namoom 11-10-2015 01:06 PM

I know a mechanic who is amazing here in Colorado, he has helped me with my elise and my prior elise (he is even building my next 2ZZ motor)
PM me for his #, licensed and insured

bgo 11-13-2015 06:41 PM

New to this process, is this the way to PM?

Nickshu 11-13-2015 06:56 PM

I have had work done on my prior Porsche by SCR Performance in Loveland, they were stand up guys and did a great job on alignments and corner balancing for me at a very reasonable price.

Gunpilot 11-13-2015 11:12 PM

Your in CO. BOE is at least closer to you than me. Contact Ross Carlson. He lives in CO and may know somebody.

Aedo 11-14-2015 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgo (Post 4467473)
New to this process, is this the way to PM?

PMs aren't enabled until you have at least 5 posts as a security measure against scammers. Another post and you should be set!

philethier 11-14-2015 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bri3d (Post 4460689)
What do you need done? While I've never used them, Concours Motorsports in Colorado Springs are a BOE partner.

Yes. I had Phil put on my tune there. Phil was training a Concours Motorsports tech to install tunes. The CM folks were very good to me.

Bonus is that there is a decent place to eat and hang out directly across the alley, and a barbecue bar a block away.

bgo 11-15-2015 04:34 PM

Thanks