Anyone have tall rails in Austin or Houston? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

Anyone have tall rails in Austin or Houston?

I have been thinking about trying the Sector 111 tall rails but would like to sit in a seat modified with them first if possible. Is there anyone in the Austin or Houston area that has this mod and would let me sit in their car?

Thanks,
Eric

2005 Lotus Elise TVS 300
2001 Dodge 2500 TD, too many mods
2015 Subaru Crosstrek, unmolested.....so far
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 06:46 AM
BANNED

I'm in Lufkin with tall rails....
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the offer but that's a bit further than I would like to go.

2005 Lotus Elise TVS 300

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 03:35 AM
Tire abuser

Garage
I have tall rails in Dallas... but plan to be in College Station on the 26th and 27th at the TWS with NASA. Sign up and come drive. They will have HPDE, time trials and racing.

'06 Arctic Silver Elise | Touring |Traction Control |Supercharged | ST exhaust | Nitron singles | BWR anti-sway bar | RTD brace | V2 Arms | SS brake lines | Harness bar and Schroth harnesses | sys.6.pack |shifter reinforced | Ultralite lines | cup air box | Sport inserts | DBW Pedals | TALLrails | Team Dynamics 1.2's | TOC Oil Pan | ProRad | FW Torque tune | BOE surge tank and catch can | Radium Clam Kit
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

Sounds like fun but that's one of the reasons I am interested in the tall rails. I'm 6'2" and barely fit without a helmet. I know I could run without the top on but with just the factory 3 point seat belt that's a lot of travel above the top of the car I could do if something goes wrong.

2005 Lotus Elise TVS 300
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 06:02 AM
Tire abuser

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiplashTX View Post
Sounds like fun but that's one of the reasons I am interested in the tall rails. I'm 6'2" and barely fit without a helmet. I know I could run without the top on but with just the factory 3 point seat belt that's a lot of travel above the top of the car I could do if something goes wrong.
Sounds like a smart move. I did a little autox before lowering the seat, but it is better to have a good fit and a requirement for the track. Everyone is shaped different, but I am a little of 6'4" and can now wear my helmet without hitting the padding in my hard top. Good luck with it.

'06 Arctic Silver Elise | Touring |Traction Control |Supercharged | ST exhaust | Nitron singles | BWR anti-sway bar | RTD brace | V2 Arms | SS brake lines | Harness bar and Schroth harnesses | sys.6.pack |shifter reinforced | Ultralite lines | cup air box | Sport inserts | DBW Pedals | TALLrails | Team Dynamics 1.2's | TOC Oil Pan | ProRad | FW Torque tune | BOE surge tank and catch can | Radium Clam Kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Texas Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in