Anyone in Texas that can tune exige ? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Anyone in Texas that can tune exige ?

Hi guys ,

We're moving to San Antontio soon and am hoping to find a tuner for my wife's exige . It is a low comp motor build with a one off lysholm supercharger and an EFI Technologies standalone system . Has a base tune that will hold an idle but I don't want it driven until it's properly dialed in and haven't found anyone here in the Midwest to do it . Anyone know any possibilities in Texas ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 11:49 AM

What about a Fastwerks tune from BOE?

05 Elise
56 VW Dune Buggy

GGLC-Sacramento Chapter Membership and Recruiting
[email protected]
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgeongeneral View Post
What about a Fastwerks tune from BOE?
It already has an EFI ECU - if it's one of the newer ones, it's probably OK and OP could save a lot of money by just paying someone to tune it rather than dropping the $$$$$ on Fastworks.

The Celica forums might have a good recommendation for someone familiar with tuning the 2ZZ, or just ask around for who's a good all around tuner in the area.

Since it has a standalone what you're really looking for is someone who's good at tuning a boosted engine with VVT and VVL, and if you're extra lucky, someone who's familiar with the EFI software. The Lotus-ness doesn't matter so much since it doesn't have a stock ECU anymore.

Alternately, you might be able to ship it to BOE but have them tune your ECU. I know Phil is familiar with the EFI software as he used to run one of their ECUs, and they're certainly familiar with tuning the 2ZZ. I don't know if he'd tune an EFI now that he has his own software to sell but it might be worth an ask.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 01:56 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri3d View Post
It already has an EFI ECU - if it's one of the newer ones, it's probably OK and OP could save a lot of money by just paying someone to tune it rather than dropping the $$$$$ on Fastworks.

The Celica forums might have a good recommendation for someone familiar with tuning the 2ZZ, or just ask around for who's a good all around tuner in the area.

Since it has a standalone what you're really looking for is someone who's good at tuning a boosted engine with VVT and VVL, and if you're extra lucky, someone who's familiar with the EFI software. The Lotus-ness doesn't matter so much since it doesn't have a stock ECU anymore.

Alternately, you might be able to ship it to BOE but have them tune your ECU. I know Phil is familiar with the EFI software as he used to run one of their ECUs, and they're certainly familiar with tuning the 2ZZ. I don't know if he'd tune an EFI now that he has his own software to sell but it might be worth an ask.
Playing the devil's advocate (add an "a" and "t" to San and you get Satan) maybe he ditches the standalone (sells it) and goes with the BOE tune. It's probably more capable than the standalone and power under the curve will almost certainly be better.

I'm sure Phil will tune anything, regardless of what he's selling.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 02:25 PM

I know a guy in Kansas!

2012 Evora 2+0 IPS.
2007 Exige mental track toy.
2005 Elise.
1982 Brunette.

"Listen up, I ain't Captain Walker. I'm the guy who carries Mr. Dead in his pocket."

"CHARLIE DON'T SURF"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Texas Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in