LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/)
-   Texas Region (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f109/)
-   -   Car Guy Trip to Austin in July (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f109/car-guy-trip-austin-july-288361/)

jet37ski 02-26-2015 10:29 AM

Car Guy Trip to Austin in July

I'm planning a bachelor party weekend trip to Austin in July. The bachelor is as much of a car nut as I am and I'm doing much Google research for things to do.

The tour of COTA looks great, and I found a few karting places and stuff like that. Anything off the beaten path that anyone would recommend?

Unfortunately the rest of the group is probably not up for spending the entire weekend doing car related activities, but I'm selfish and can justify doing what I want by saying it's what the bachelor wants to do too.

I appreciate any suggestions.

lotus_dp 03-16-2015 09:00 AM

Tcab 03-16-2015 11:35 AM

Drinks and live Music at Historic Luckenbach TX, lots of good Golf Courses in the area, many many things to do around here.

JPSEvora 03-20-2015 06:14 PM

Go drive the Three Sisters in the Hill Country. It's the Texas version of the Tail of the Dragon. Not as technical, but fast, scenic and fun.

Tcab 03-20-2015 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPSEvora (Post 3930705)
Go drive the Three Sisters in the Hill Country. It's the Texas version of the Tail of the Dragon. Not as technical, but fast, scenic and fun.

You've gotta go early around 6am to avoid the Motorbike traffic, but yes a great drive

RBH 03-21-2015 03:43 AM

If you want the best barbecue you need to go to Franklin Barbecue Amazing food. The only drawback is that you need to have someone inline by 8am to be able to have lunch by 1 pm. Take a cooler with some beer...

sturgeongeneral 03-21-2015 06:30 AM

Tell him to move the date to October and do the F1 race! :shrug:

jet37ski 05-13-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sturgeongeneral (Post 3931257)
Tell him to move the date to October and do the F1 race! :shrug:

We seriously wanted to do that, but we couldn't get his wife to move the wedding date :shrug:

Thanks for the suggestions and sorry it took so long for me to come back to this section and look at it. The Texas region just isn't in my normal LT rotation, you know?

Also, I heard if we have a big enough order, we can order Franklin's ahead of time and pick up before they open, does that sound right? *Edit: Looked it up on their website and I'll give it a try!

jet37ski 06-02-2015 06:49 AM

I got an email from Franklin's yesterday that they accepted my preorder! Thanks @RBH !
I have the COTA tour on the itinerary for Sunday morning and I'm trying to work some karting in right after we leave the track.

RBH 06-02-2015 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jet37ski (Post 4111698)
I got an email from Franklin's yesterday that they accepted my preorder! Thanks @RBH !
I have the COTA tour on the itinerary for Sunday morning and I'm trying to work some karting in right after we leave the track.

Nice :-)

Lancia 06-02-2015 07:55 AM

The road up Mt Bonnell used to be one of the best drives in the country.

I've heard they changed it, but not sure.