ECU tuning in Texas - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-19-2014, 05:24 AM
not your dad's puns

I visited ATS last year before I got my '05, just to talk to them about tuning options, so interested to see how this turns out.

Also recently stopped by RAC in Carrolton, as they have a Katana'd track Elise they take care of, might be worth talking to them too.

because racecar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-19-2014, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Current status is ECU goes back to Jermaine this week.
ATS is looking into CAN BUS for the Ecu Master system. If this works, they will do a plug and play harness for me and we will run that. Pretty similar to the adaptronics set-up, but may cost less.
If that can't happen, I am down to paying $2200 for an adaptronics and having ATS tune. Paying $1800 for the suite and $160 for the cable and trying the FW system.
I am also looking at an EFI 1.2 used, but I am not certain how much money I want to spend on an outdated solution.
I have Dyno with torque, hp and AFR at RPM. I will post a before and after when the ECU comes back.
I am guessing from the power level and fuel ratios that the ECU is adjusting timing to keep me out of trouble and creating a rough power delivery, almost like traction control, and lower power numbers overall.
I wish that this were going faster, but I don't want to spend $2000 on a failed solution, or spend $2000 when it could have been handled by the vendor as warranty/service.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

ECU is on its way to VF for update/check out. I hope that his will help my AFR and my cars stuttering under acceleration.

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 03:48 PM

I run 2x efi and it is good. Has features I like. You get constant data logging. Two maps to select.adaptive learning. You need computer skills to use it. If you want my opinion and maybe you don't. I really like fast works and phil skill using it.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

ECU checked out. Jermaine reflashed it to the most current update just in case. On its way back to me. He suggested that I may have a fuel pressure issue and has offered to help me work that out. Assuming that the tune is not the problem, the customer service from Jermaine has been stellar! I hope I can get this resolved and begin to properly enjoy the car.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

No issues with reflashed ECU. I have not had a chance to get it back on the dyno to see if the AFR is 100% where it should be, but the car is running 100% better and pulls strong. I need to install a switch to shut off the traction control to really let it show off since right now it seems like it can break the tires loose way too easily!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Texas Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in