LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/)
-   Texas Region (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f109/)
-   -   fiberglass repair shop lotus exige - dallas/dfw (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f109/fiberglass-repair-shop-lotus-exige-dallas-dfw-384746/)

bluejae 09-24-2016 10:24 AM

fiberglass repair shop lotus exige - dallas/dfw

i did a lot of searching on the site and the name that came up the most were stuarts, details ltd, and john eagle.

stuarts - i read that thread about that elise that got repaired and then got totaled by the shop... just an accident i know but hope they wouldn't be weary of working on another KG lotus...

details ltd - never done work with them and i'm not 100% sure they do fiberglass repair

john eagle - i believe they do fiberglass repair but not sure if they do it in house or outsource it

this will NOT be through insurance. it will be out of pocket so i'm looking for a shop that will be fair. any info would be great

thanks

EricH 09-26-2016 01:01 PM

I would ONLY recommend Stuarts if you have a fiberglass part that you take to them. DO NOT take the car.
This-> Stuart's Paint and Body in Dallas, TX My car was ALL KINDS of messed up - seriously. Whole process was a nightmare. All fixable but only because I spent a few days doing it myself and having them buy replacement parts and just give them to me. However... the paint was flawless and nicer than factory. ;) Oh yeah, the replacement clear bra they used is a POS as well.

bluejae 09-26-2016 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricH (Post 5130426)
I would ONLY recommend Stuarts if you have a fiberglass part that you take to them. DO NOT take the car.
This-> Stuart's Paint and Body in Dallas, TX My car was ALL KINDS of messed up - seriously. Whole process was a nightmare. All fixable but only because I spent a few days doing it myself and having them buy replacement parts and just give them to me. However... the paint was flawless and nicer than factory. ;) Oh yeah, the replacement clear bra they used is a POS as well.

hmmm... i definitely need to take the whole car wherever i go...

bluejae 10-06-2016 09:47 AM

bump

jefrac 12-30-2016 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricH (Post 5130426)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluejae (Post 5141874)
bump

Bluejae, was wondering if you got this taken care of... I may need the same (minor fiberglass repair).
Also, if you need PPF... We can take care of it at my shop in The Colony, Tint World. We do vinyl graphics, PPF, tint, 12volt work, etc.
Thanks

bluejae 01-06-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jefrac (Post 5232930)
Bluejae, was wondering if you got this taken care of... I may need the same (minor fiberglass repair).
Also, if you need PPF... We can take care of it at my shop in The Colony, Tint World. We do vinyl graphics, PPF, tint, 12volt work, etc.
Thanks

oops. sorry for the late reply. i got it taken care of

if you still need info, shoot me a PM.