Star Motors Houston & Resistor Pack experience - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
hate speed limits

Smile Star Motors Houston & Resistor Pack experience

Great experience w/ Rick & Tom @ Star Motors Houston (Lotus Service dept).

My '05 Elise needed the resistor pack replacement so I shopped around a bit. Austin dealer told me "up to $2800" over the phone. Houston said closer to $1800 so I drove to H-Town. They also knocked out the oil cooler recall at the same time. Tom worked on my car for 1.5 hrs after closing on Friday so I could drive back to SA before the weekend. They had some issues with the oil cooler & the recall actually covered clam removal expenses so my total cost was just $1136. Furthermore, Tom performed a bunch of maintenance on everything under the front clam free-of-charge to include lubricating the A/C - Heater door switch thingie (technical term) & a bunch of other minor stuff I can't recall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 02:14 PM

That's good to hear, thanks for sharing. Haven't had any major issues w/ my car (knocking on wood as I type this) so haven't had to deal w/ the service depts in Austin or Houston.

Talked to Star's sales dept while I was looking for a car and they were nice folks. Had like 10-15 Evoras in stock sitting in the parking garage behind the dealership (that was about a year or so ago).

-Mike
2012 Evora S - BOE Intake, Larini Exhaust & Test Pipe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Texas Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in