Whose the most knowledgeable mechanic in Austin for Exige's - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Whose the most knowledgeable mechanic in Austin for Exige's

Hey Guys.. whose the best mechanic in Austin. I've got a rattle up front somewhere. It sounds like somethings loose.. Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Tire abuser

Garage
Is it only at certain speeds? Does the car drive/track straight? When you say "up front", do you mean it sounds like the radiator area, or around the wheels, or grills?

Do you have the ability to get the car off the ground and remove wheels? I would put it on jack stands and check all the A-arm bolts, the panel under the front clam, fender liners, etc... Removing the front fender liners is really easy and makes a lot of stuff accessible for inspection.

Sorry, don't know any Austin mechanics.

'06 Arctic Silver Elise | Touring |Traction Control |Supercharged | ST exhaust | Nitron singles | BWR anti-sway bar | RTD brace | V2 Arms | SS brake lines | Harness bar and Schroth harnesses | sys.6.pack |shifter reinforced | Ultralite lines | cup air box | Sport inserts | DBW Pedals | TALLrails | Team Dynamics 1.2's | TOC Oil Pan | ProRad | FW Torque tune | BOE surge tank and catch can | Radium Clam Kit
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Car drives fine.. at over 30 mph it has a rattle like something 's come loose in the front end on the drivers side. It's definitely wheel/ strut related. don't have the goods.. need someone to diagnose..

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 03:19 PM

Harris hill raceway are the guys you need to talk to.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks..I'm close to that track...
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 03:39 PM

Soulspeed. Don't let the butchers at the austin dealership touch it. I need to post the story that i have of when i recently took my car in for the recall. Incredible.

2005 SY-REV310 Supercharger, clam hinge, 2bular 8" single tip exhaust, 2bular header, Ohlin Double Adjustables, RTDbrace, Custom Kirkey 58 Series seats, Schroth 6 pt. harnesses, Multivex mirrors, Race battery, Micromirror, HID's, V2arms, Sparco removeable steering wheel, Volk CE28N's with Hoosier R7's, Pagid RS 14 pads, Cup airbox, catch cans, Ultradiscs, gPan, splitter, canards, Reverie wing, 6 element diffuser, proRad
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014, 12:23 PM

I pushed the bob barker service writer to the floor after he thought he could touch me. Epic
Lotus of Austin is a horrible place
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014, 08:58 PM

Definitely Soulspeed. He used to be located at Harris Hill Road (the track), but I think he's moved to Burleson road, check here: https://www.facebook.com/soulspeed

Man you guys are scaring me about Lotus of Austin - I have to bring my car in for the recall sometime in the next few months! Where is the next best dealer - Houston/Dallas?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 06:35 PM

I'd go to Plano or Houston. Fuch those douchebags.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 09:18 PM

Any particular reason not to use Lotus of Austin? Other than "bad story" or F them etc...I am located in Austin.

I used to take my car to SoulSpeed...Back in their old location.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 05:52 AM

Garage
Any constructive criticism? My experience is that their parts prices are very high but they have fixed each and every issue I have had, the first time.

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) LMS alloy pan, BOE headers, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype S 430 **SOLD**
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 03:26 PM

Bad customer service, never been there without some kind of drama. Excuses about this or that, appointing times, charges that shouldn't be there, rudeness. One time I called to see if they had a part. They did. Great. Had the car a part so sent the misses. We were both working on the car so I asked her if she would run an pick up the part. Gave her cash. Part was 180. Gave her 200. Came back an hour later saying that the guy basically told her to go f herself bc they dnt take cash. So she went an made change. Went back, he said he sold the part. Uh? Really?
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 03:28 PM

Julian I digress though, please go there. Learn for yourself.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthreat View Post
Definitely Soulspeed. He used to be located at Harris Hill Road (the track), but I think he's moved to Burleson road, check here: https://www.facebook.com/soulspeed

Man you guys are scaring me about Lotus of Austin - I have to bring my car in for the recall sometime in the next few months! Where is the next best dealer - Houston/Dallas?
Another +1 for SoulSpeed!

2005 Lotus Elise
- ULTRAliteLINES
- DSbrace
- Larini Exhaust
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

This sucks because we all need a reputable dealer in the Austin / San Antonio area..
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 05:49 PM

If it's really that bad, can we contact someone higher up at Lotus with some kind of Petition to replace the person responsible for good service there?
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-30-2014, 05:53 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthreat View Post
If it's really that bad, can we contact someone higher up at Lotus with some kind of Petition to replace the person responsible for bad service there?
Fixed that for you.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 08:01 AM

Late chimer, but:
- I've had them drop close my Exige lid twice in my presence. When confronted, they "never do that".
- Found a nick on my wheels after new tires were installed. They swore up and down it was there prior to drop off.
- Unable to diagnose a 45-55 MPH vibration. Here are their two diagnoses: engine lugging (even though it occurred in all gears) and the rear fin causing the vibration. Turns out it was a crapping balancing machine - getting new tires at SoulSpeed and having SoulSpeed balance the tires fixed the vibration.

On the plus side, their shop is big and clean.

Michael
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.white View Post
Late chimer, but:
- I've had them drop close my Exige lid twice in my presence. When confronted, they "never do that".
- Found a nick on my wheels after new tires were installed. They swore up and down it was there prior to drop off.
- Unable to diagnose a 45-55 MPH vibration. Here are their two diagnoses: engine lugging (even though it occurred in all gears) and the rear fin causing the vibration. Turns out it was a crapping balancing machine - getting new tires at SoulSpeed and having SoulSpeed balance the tires fixed the vibration.

On the plus side, their shop is big and clean.
Who did this?

2005 SY-REV310 Supercharger, clam hinge, 2bular 8" single tip exhaust, 2bular header, Ohlin Double Adjustables, RTDbrace, Custom Kirkey 58 Series seats, Schroth 6 pt. harnesses, Multivex mirrors, Race battery, Micromirror, HID's, V2arms, Sparco removeable steering wheel, Volk CE28N's with Hoosier R7's, Pagid RS 14 pads, Cup airbox, catch cans, Ultradiscs, gPan, splitter, canards, Reverie wing, 6 element diffuser, proRad
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chotto View Post
Who did this?
Sorry - I should have been clearer: Lotus of Austin. I go to SoulSpeed now for any work I can't (or don't want to) do myself.

Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Texas Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in