Best independent shops in the NE region - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 06:28 AM

Guys, thanks for your stories. It is very hard to find a reputable Lotus mechanic in the Northeast region. I had a good experience with Waldir.

'07 Lotus Exige S Phantom Black
'11 Audi S4 Sprint Blue
'98 Acura Integra LS coupe Milano Red (SOLD)
'08 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue (SOLD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 09:07 AM

Ralph at RS Motorsport is a certified Lotus tech, as far as I know he is the only independent shop in the NE that can do warranty work.

14' Evora S
00' S1 Exige
94' S4 Esprit (SOLD)
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 10:33 AM

I can only say good things about Waldir been servicing and doing work on my car since 08 and never any issues. Guy is the man

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 09:12 AM

My response to this thread has been a long time coming and I debated even posting it as I am generally reluctant to provide negative feedback about a small independent business Ė that said, if I am able to save others from the headache and financial loss I experienced with Waldir then I would have maybe helped someone. And it is nothing personal to Waldir, he is a likable guy and in many ways a nice man. And for those who like and trust him, thatís great. But it hasnít been my experience and Waldir cost me about 35K in losses on my Elise Ė From the improperly installed super chargers that needed to be removed, sold and replaced with other improperly installed super chargers, to his failure to diagnose numerous malfunctions in the car, to his damaging the clam while I had to leave it there for months on end, to many other examples of ineptitude and neglect too lengthy to get into here. In the end I gave up and was forced to sell the car at a huge loss. I think part of the problem with Waldir is his inability to turn anyone away which results in terrible time management. I saw another poster once say they came to his garage, saw 10 Lotusís in the driveway and knew they were in the right place. I can guarantee that most of those cars are being neglected while Waldir concentrated on one or two at a time. To offer a sense of the problem Ė Earlier in this thread, a gentleman posted about his negative experiences with Waldir Ė well Waldir must have read this and he called ME leaving me an angry voice mail thanking me for doing this to him and how he knew this would happen. Well it wasnít me, it was another guy whose car got ruined. Again Ė this is not personal and I donít wish ill to Waldir, but it was my experience with him. Iím out of the Lotus-owning business now as I am still trying to recoup all the losses I went through with my Elise. Itís too bad Ė I really loved the car. Just my 2 cents.
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeregrineNYC View Post
My response to this thread has been a long time coming and I debated even posting it as I am generally reluctant to provide negative feedback about a small independent business Ė that said, if I am able to save others from the headache and financial loss I experienced with Waldir then I would have maybe helped someone. And it is nothing personal to Waldir, he is a likable guy and in many ways a nice man. And for those who like and trust him, thatís great. But it hasnít been my experience and Waldir cost me about 35K in losses on my Elise Ė From the improperly installed super chargers that needed to be removed, sold and replaced with other improperly installed super chargers, to his failure to diagnose numerous malfunctions in the car, to his damaging the clam while I had to leave it there for months on end, to many other examples of ineptitude and neglect too lengthy to get into here. In the end I gave up and was forced to sell the car at a huge loss. I think part of the problem with Waldir is his inability to turn anyone away which results in terrible time management. I saw another poster once say they came to his garage, saw 10 Lotusís in the driveway and knew they were in the right place. I can guarantee that most of those cars are being neglected while Waldir concentrated on one or two at a time. To offer a sense of the problem Ė Earlier in this thread, a gentleman posted about his negative experiences with Waldir Ė well Waldir must have read this and he called ME leaving me an angry voice mail thanking me for doing this to him and how he knew this would happen. Well it wasnít me, it was another guy whose car got ruined. Again Ė this is not personal and I donít wish ill to Waldir, but it was my experience with him. Iím out of the Lotus-owning business now as I am still trying to recoup all the losses I went through with my Elise. Itís too bad Ė I really loved the car. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks to your post, and after reading some other posts in this thread...you may have saved me some future trouble. They were on my shortlist for some major work.

2007 Chrome Orange Lotus Elise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > Northeast Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in