LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/)
-   Northeast Region (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f110/)
-   -   Thumbs up for Secor Lotus, in CT (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f110/thumbs-up-secor-lotus-ct-169065/)

fun4two 08-18-2013 04:59 AM

Thumbs up for Secor Lotus, in CT
 
Just wanted to say we have a good dealer in CT, Secor Lotus in New London. I had my oil cooler line blow apart on my 2006 Elise last week and spread the oil for about 500 feet on the highway. Funny thing, I was going to be taking my elise to Secor that weekend for the recall work, guess I waited a week to long LOL... Anyway I sent the car to them via AAA tow truck, and with absolutely no problems at all, they called me up the next day asked my full info to get the work order started, and 2 days later it was done. They took a little longer cause there were a few others in front of me for the same recall work. They detailed my car which was completely covered in oil, did all the work, and were great to deal with. They have a few nice looking evora's in stock at the show room to look at as well. Very good bunch of guys. Just wanted to throw them out a thumbs up :up: Glad to have a good dealer in CT again. All my work will be going through them.

RMB67 08-18-2013 06:50 AM

X 2!
 
I couldn't agree more, both with regards to sales and service. Top notch dealership. Thank you Secor!

mkiv808 10-24-2017 10:43 AM

Bringing this thread back up since I'm in CT and looking for a top notch mechanic. Had a not so great experience with someone recommended on this forum in Westchester.

Anyone else had experience with Secor?

Specifically I'm looking for a dealer intimately familiar with the car to go in and make sure all the chassis bolts and such are good for next track season, plus an alignment.

Kubera 10-24-2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkiv808 (Post 5599442)
Bringing this thread back up since I'm in CT and looking for a top notch mechanic. Had a not so great experience with someone recommended on this forum in Westchester.

Anyone else had experience with Secor?

Specifically I'm looking for a dealer intimately familiar with the car to go in and make sure all the chassis bolts and such are good for next track season, plus an alignment.

Let me guess...Waldir in Mamaroneck?

You are not the only one that had a bad experience with him... :facepalm

Snowphun 10-25-2017 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kubera (Post 5599514)
Let me guess...Waldir in Mamaroneck?

You are not the only one that had a bad experience with him... :facepalm

That's disappointing, I had heard they were a reliable alternative to the dealers, I was considering them for some clam off repairs on my Evora.

Secor is a one mechanic shop, if you have the time go down there and talk to him and get your own impressions. They are relatively close to me, I had them do one quick job for me which went OK, we don't have many other good options in the area.

gstomp06 10-25-2017 05:21 AM

aston martin lotus of new england. waltham, ma. they're good guys

Kubera 10-25-2017 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowphun (Post 5600178)
That's disappointing, I had heard they were a reliable alternative to the dealers, I was considering them for some clam off repairs on my Evora.

Waldir (Intermecanica) in Mamaroneck is a one man shop (with some helpers), he has ripped me off, done bad repairs to my friends and many customers. Stay away from this shop if you care about your car.

Lotus111 10-25-2017 05:02 PM

I've had great experiences with Secor service for both my Elise and Evora.

apexologist 03-25-2018 08:15 AM

Any good Lotus (Elise) mechanics in North-west CT, near Limerock? Thx.

mrfunstuff 03-27-2018 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apexologist (Post 5761106)
Any good Lotus (Elise) mechanics in North-west CT, near Limerock? Thx.

Not that I know of. Iíve used Secor as well for a few things and have been happy with the work. Itís a long haul from NW CT though. Maybe Mass is a better option for you.

brightoncorgi 04-30-2018 12:13 PM

Secor & Aston Martin - Lotus are the only options I know of.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome