LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/)
-   MidAtlantic Region (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f113/)
-   -   2016 Northern VA Sunday Cars & Coffee Events (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f113/2016-northern-va-sunday-cars-coffee-events-344817/)

rcollum 07-24-2016 10:29 AM

Dulles Landing & Fairfax Circle, 07/24/16

5 Attachment(s)
It was pretty hot today, so attendance was down a bit, in both locations.

--Bob Collum

rcollum 08-21-2016 01:10 PM

Fairfax Circle, 08/21/16

5 Attachment(s)
The original weather forecast for today was rain, but it did hold off until about 9:45AM. Naturally, attendance at the C & C was light.
I made a quick stop at the grocery store, and got caught in a pretty good shower on the way home. Luckily, I had the tonneau over the passenger side. I followed a Saab up the main road towards our house, with my tiny windshield wipers going at 'ludicrous' speed. I was lucky to get home without incident, and no real soaking of the cloth seats!

That white Buick was very nicely presented; what a shock when he opened the hood to show the Corvette LS3 engine!

--Bob Collum

rcollum 11-13-2016 10:30 AM

Fairfax Corner, 11/13/16

5 Attachment(s)
A cool, clear morning, with a fair turnout today.

--Bob Collum

rcollum 11-27-2016 06:48 AM

Fairfax Circle, 11/27/16

5 Attachment(s)
We made a quick trip over to Fairfax Circle, to see Dino's new car - a 512BB.
On a chilly day, with some gusty winds, there was still a nice turnout there.

--Bob Collum

4380r 11-27-2016 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcollum (Post 5200818)
We made a quick trip over to Fairfax Circle, to see Dino's new car - a 512BB.
On a chilly day, with some gusty winds, there was still a nice turnout there.

--Bob Collum

LOVE the F Type coupe, I don't know if there is a better sounding car available off the showroom floor.

rcollum 11-27-2016 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4380r (Post 5200866)
LOVE the F Type coupe, I don't know if there is a better sounding car available off the showroom floor.

I'd agree. I have driven pretty much all the 2-wheel-drive F-Types (convertible & coupe). As a dyed-in-the-wool Lotus fan, I was convinced that the higher-output V6 would be the best. For balance, I'm still convinced it's superior... but, once I drove the V8 at wide open throttle... whoa! I am about the last person to want a noisy ride, but that V8 sound is intoxicating! I still wish Tata would buy Lotus. They have done wonders for both Jaguar and Land Rover.

--Bob Collum