Help! Body repair in Hampton Roads area - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Help! Body repair in Hampton Roads area

So I just moved to Chesapeake, Virginia from Ohio and took my Lotus in yesterday to get state inspection. Well the manager called me just after lunch today to tell me the tech had backed my car into another car and smashed in the rear clam. They were very apologetic and promised to pay to get it fixed asap, for what it's worth. That said, I don't know the area very well yet and obviously a Lotus is not something you take to a run of the mill collision repair shop. Does anyone know of a good shop in or around the Hampton Roads/Norfolk/Virginia Beach area?

I've heard about D&V Autobody up in Sterling, but I'm hoping to find someplace a little closer.

To my untrained eye, this looks like it will require a new clam, not just a repair. I've heard new ones are notoriously hard to source so if anyone here knows who I can contact in the states to see about getting one that would be very helpful as well.
Attached Images

'05 Elise - Chrome Orange, Touring, LSS wheels
'14 Civic Si
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 06:02 AM

Another Chrome Orange Elise in Chesapeake here. Did you ever get this sorted out? I would like to find a place to do some work on my front clam.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I had it shipped up to D&V in Sterling. They repaired the clam and did a great job. Took about a month or so to get handworked. I never found anyone around here that does Lotus body work.

Where are you in Chesapeake? I live just off of Dock Landing.

'05 Elise - Chrome Orange, Touring, LSS wheels
'14 Civic Si

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 11:23 AM
Drone Racing Pilot

Garage
I had no idea that there were so many Elise owners here in the 757! Glad you got everything fixed. Im in the yorktown/williamsburg area.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsalmons View Post
Yeah, I had it shipped up to D&V in Sterling. They repaired the clam and did a great job. Took about a month or so to get handworked. I never found anyone around here that does Lotus body work.

Where are you in Chesapeake? I live just off of Dock Landing.
I'm planning on just removing the front clam and taking it somewhere. If I have to drive it up to Northern VA, so be it. I haven't been able to find any solid leads locally either. We used to live over there off of Dock Landing as well (Lakes of Jolliff) but moved to the other side of Chesapeake about 18 months ago. Elbow Road area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Regions > MidAtlantic Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in