2008 Prism Green? From Whence it came... - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 03:14 PM
BANNED

BASF was the original creator of the paint. When it came out on the Mustang Cobra as on option it was called "Mystic" It has been licensed to several other paint makers now. You can get Chameleon paints from BASF, Shermin Williams, RM, PPG, DuPont,House of Kolor, Alsa, etc now. I even stock 2 kinds of chameleon vinyl- one the same as prism green (green to silver) and silver to gold. I can get about 5 different ones but it is pricey. A lot of you on on here will have ChuforiaGraffix.com decals from me made from this material as I often include them in with orders.

Actually the chip cards and product data sheets I had from House of Kolor said it was extremely easy to color match because of the way the coloring was in the paint, it was not the typical pigment that normal paints get their colors from and the color relied on the angle of light, not the pigment of the paint. (or something like that) On the vinyl if I cut a piece off and lay it on top of itself in a different orientation, the color changing pattern still matches perfect with the other piece.

Perhaps more information can be found here or through BASF or one of the other suppliers of it.
HouseofKolor.com online shopping from the worldwide leader in the paint and coatings industry.

For more info on the mirrachrome paint by Alsa Corp.
Alsa Corp | The World's Most Exotic Paints and Finishes

Pics: Alsa Corp | MirraChrome: Product Showcase 1

I've used the House of Kolor products myself, and have got to see in use quite a few of the Alsa products as I've cut paint stencils on my plotter for my cousin to use in his airbrush work on a few projects.

Last edited by SweetDaddyD; 12-16-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 06:13 AM

Whoa...

2006 Phantom Black Elise --- Full Carbon Fiber Interior, Composite Worx CF Seats, AP Racing Big Brake Kit
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 10:57 AM
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcab View Post
Whoa...
6-year old thread bump might set a new record.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
6-year old thread bump might set a new record.
Lol, I was reading the most rare color thread this morning and saw Prisim green... Searched it and this popped up

2006 Phantom Black Elise --- Full Carbon Fiber Interior, Composite Worx CF Seats, AP Racing Big Brake Kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > New car information, Specs, Demos, Price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in