2011 Elise SC (in person, lots of pics) - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 09:10 AM

Iceman- I've seen the top three contenders in my book: Burnt Orange, Isotope Green, and Solar Yellow, but none of them bowled me over until I saw this shot! Is it a pearl yellow? Grazie mille!

Last edited by MuddyMudskipper; 09-19-2010 at 09:55 AM. Reason: grammar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 09:33 AM

@Cristophe111 (post#20)

My vote goes for #1 and #4. Both add continuity with the rear.
Excellent job. Wish Lotus had thought of it.

Eric the Bastard, Esq.
Sylmar, CA
2005 Chrome Orange Buzzbomb
Larini SE Exhaust LETSLA shift kit Exige Seats LSS Wheels
Lift Point Kit and Jack Helper
Difflow 5-Element Diffusor
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyMudskipper View Post
Iceman- I've seen the top three contenders in my book: Burnt Orange, Isotope Green, and Solar Yellow, but none of them bowled me over until I saw this shot! Is it a pearl yellow? Mille Grazie!
No it's a custom Lambo yellow like paint, it's metallic.
Italian dealer ordered this as one off.

WWW.111R.ORG

2004 Lotus SY 111R Elise VF II

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 09:47 AM

Is the rear clam more than one piece now? It looks like there is a seperate piece coming up around the rear quarter panels up under the tail light section. That would certainly make a rear bump less expensive to repair.

2017 SB Evora 400
2014 Ariel Spec Race Atom
2006 SB Exige
2011 QS Evora - Sold
2011 Ariel Spec Race Atom - Sold
2005 AS Elise - Sold
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara - 3.5" AEV Lift and 34s - Daily Driver
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 11:59 PM

very Very pretty....but i agree the cars look fish.........
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskreet View Post
What color do you want?

I haven't seen one in Ardent Red yet, but I'm guessing I'm going to like that the most.
Here is a link to an ebay auction for a 2011 Ardent Red Elise SC.

Lotus : Elise - eBay (item 390273090002 end time Dec-25-10 07:23:59 PST)

I like the 2011 more in person than the photos, but quite frankly what would put me over the top would be some added power, perhaps to 240hp. Of course, Lotus would probably make available the upgrade so that I could convert my 220hp SC Elise to 240hp, and if so I would probably just keep my '08, as I would miss the old eggcrate grill.

vincesf
Attached Images

Last edited by vincesf; 12-22-2010 at 02:49 PM.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 03:37 AM

I have the new 2011 Elise SC in Arctic silver and like the new styling over the older ones. No offence but your front clam pics are not an improvement over the Lotus design IMHO. I will tell you this, pictures do not do this car justice. I think this is what a real sports car should look like and drive like. BTW insurance for me is $ 1,100 a year
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 05:35 PM

My favorite thing about the near car is the rear diffuser and exhaust exit. I like the plastic slats instead of mesh, more airflow, more different looking, and honestly, even if people like the mesh look better, i can guaranttee it's cheaper to tool up than molded slats. The individual part might be more expensive, but much cheaper to get parts from initially... probably why the exige used it too since they new fewere would be produced. That said i think the mesh does look better with non-bright colors. I think the mat finish to the plastic slats makes black cars in particular a bit like like it's wearing 2 different clashing colors of black.

There's something I like about the lower portion of the front... the way the body comes down wider at the tires or something... and i like the eyes/headlights and no separate blinker, but the access panel really does bug me and i think the 1st, 2nd, and 4th photoshopped options look better in my opinion. My guess is that it was originally gonna be like option #2, and then they decided to embelish it to differentiate the car more (or the designers wanted to do option #1 but structurally wasn't a good idea from a parts handling perspective... regardless the reality is that it's not going to change someones desicion on whether or not to purchase the car and some others will like it anyway, or like it just becuase it's different. I hope you can't see that access panel interface when you're behind the wheel... it'd be annoying looking at a random flat face (or hole) on the back facing side of it.

I'd be very curious to see it in white as i'm very partial to that color... and accostumed to how it looks.

The motor ofcourse would have been delightful if standard kit. The wing, should be an option or removable in my opinion. I want all the rear-view i can get. But if doing body work i'm sure it could be deleted...

I think it's great that they make the leather trimmed center console and e-brake boot standard. The stamped metal e-brake lever and plastic c-console just look horribly cheap.

2006 Aspen White Elise. LSS, LSD, Traction control, LS Toe Link Brace, LS Ohlins DA, Rota 15/16's, BOE surge tanks and Sector 111 Gpan2, Red leather, JL speakers all around with Acapulco MP54, CF dash top, gas shock opening rear deck, multi-vex mirros and replaced rear-view mirror with kit off this forum.

Last edited by ewalberg; 05-02-2011 at 06:04 PM.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 07:30 PM

I guess I am going to be the oddball that prefers the front of the older Elise. The new design is ok but looks like a fish as pointed out. Now on the other hand I wish my 07 had the new back end styling, it is much better in every way.
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 01:37 PM

I think I still prefer the pre-2011 Elise look. However I have seen some 2011 Elises at the dealer and, in person, they look good as well.

Something though that I really like on the 2011 models is that the plinth is gone. The car looks much better without a plinth.

It is also more believable when you tell a cop that there is no easy location to mount a front plate.
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 11:57 AM

Since the 2011 Elise SC isn't coming to this country in this new body style anymore, It is automatically a rare car and it might be the best Elise made due to most of the earlier problems being solved. I have this car in Artic silver,Starshield,hardtop,no LSD,traction control,AC,Maroon leather interior,4 speaker Alpine and the black softop.
post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 05:33 PM

my car

(big pictures) elise

(small pictures) elise

mark
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 09:08 AM

White sure is pretty on these cars!

2006 Aspen White Elise. LSS, LSD, Traction control, LS Toe Link Brace, LS Ohlins DA, Rota 15/16's, BOE surge tanks and Sector 111 Gpan2, Red leather, JL speakers all around with Acapulco MP54, CF dash top, gas shock opening rear deck, multi-vex mirros and replaced rear-view mirror with kit off this forum.
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 05:39 PM

I like the 2011 Elise. I saw the new version when I was at the Geneva Auto Show for its debut.

I really like the Motorsport Green with black wheels, diffuser and ash grey seats! Who knows, maybe I will trade in the 2005 on that some day.

2013 Porsche Boxster (in silver and red, home at last!)
2011 BMW 128i cabrio, ///M Sport
2005 Elise in Racing Green with the touring pack (sold 8/6/12)
2007 MINI Cooper S in Sparkling Silver (sold)
Founder of the Racing Green Confederate
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincesf View Post
Here is a link to an ebay auction for a 2011 Ardent Red Elise SC.

Lotus : Elise - eBay (item 390273090002 end time Dec-25-10 07:23:59 PST)

I like the 2011 more in person than the photos, but quite frankly what would put me over the top would be some added power, perhaps to 240hp. Of course, Lotus would probably make available the upgrade so that I could convert my 220hp SC Elise to 240hp, and if so I would probably just keep my '08, as I would miss the old eggcrate grill.

vincesf
It's funny what you write and reread. I ended up purchasing a 2011 Elise with "only" 220 hp. I like the styling improvements of the 2011, BUT in the end, I wish I could have kept both cars, as they are both stylistically unique and beautiful in their own right.

vincesf
Attached Images

post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 09:47 AM

I agree the front access panel area lacks continuity and .. i know many of you will call me nuts ... I miss the slatted look.
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridezilla View Post
my car

(big pictures) elise

(small pictures) elise

mark
I'm in Oz and have the solar yellow Elise SC 2011. Mine is similar to the white one without the hardtop and the reflector things on the wheel arches.

The rear bonnent has been changed to fit the taller 1.6ltr unit for the european martket. My car has the 2zz SC motor but a new 1.8ltr SC with intercooler (same power more torque) meeting Euro standards is coming out in later 2012.

The clam front and rear look similar but have many changes, no plastic bits near the outside of the rear lights, tail drops down further. boot slopes back in the interior near the engine. bottom of front clam is quite different

Some pics of a track day 8th of june 2011 by a local photographer.

Mine is the solar yellow with the silver 'Y' wheels.

Enjoy

Track Day - 8/6/2012 | Facebook
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 05:09 PM
BANNED

Are there any other wheels for this car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > New car information, Specs, Demos, Price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in