Originally Posted by UltimateLurker
- I don't like the seat, or its lack of adjustment
- I don't like the steering wheel, or its lack of adjustment
- I don't like the cold, amusement-park-ride feel of the interior
- I don't like the *seemingly* cheap fit/finish
- I don't like the soft-top
- I don't like ingress/egress with the top on
- I don't like the sound at idle
- I don't like the price
- ... (I don't have any strong feelings about the seat one way or another)
- Do you like the steering feel? I personally really like the steering wheel.
- It is a minimalist interior, minimalism=light weight
- It is hand-built... and british
- Don't like the soft-top, take it off... the top is supposed to be in the trunk, it's there in case it starts raining. If you want a top get a hard-top, looks better imo. (I hear AG Hardtops are hard to come by)
- I didn't have a problem with ingress and egress. Well it was a bit intimidating the first time, but it really isn't a big deal if you know the proper technique.
- I like the way it sounds. (High RPMs do sound better than idle though). I do like 4-cylinders though.
-2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - $34,995
2008 Lotus Elise - $46,270
not really that much more to pay for a hand-built, rare car that isn't developed by a large car manufacturer.
Then again I don't really know anything, I don't own one...
I do read a lot of car magazines (on the toilet) though, and the Lotus is praised for it's steering feel and fun factor over pretty much every other car.