Any year end specials on Exige S? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Any year end specials on Exige S?

After Thanksgiving, I dropped by a BMW dealer and test drove an '07 M Coupe. It was nice, but not light years away from my trusty Z3, and not enough to give me car lust. Sticker was $58k, but they would drop to $54k. I knew that BMW was giving a $7,500 dealer incentive on this vehicle, and that othesr had got it for much less, but since I didn't want to buy it, I didn't mess with the salesman on price.

Tonight he called to tell me that they are blowing out the car, and I can have this one for a mere $44k! Problem is I still don't want that car.

Is there a similar phenomenon with '07 Exige S cars, or were the numbers so small that doesn't enter into it? I can't say why, but the the Exige or Elise is the only car I have a hankering for besides a Porsche GT3 (and I don't want to spend that kind of money).

-John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 06:45 PM

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 06:49 PM

Last year a dealership dropped the price of their new cars by $10K (lower than their cost).

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
-- Laurence J. Peter

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 07:24 PM

If you want a real track car your only choices are the Lotus, the Porsche GT3 (or RS) or the Ferrari 430. Unless you can afford $120-240k the choice is obvious. Oh by the way the Corvette Z-06 is fast, but their owners seem to crash them with great frequency.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 07:51 AM

I had a similar experience about 6 months ago at BMW with the M Coupe. I was offered $10K off just for walking in the door. I don't think the secondary market will be kind to those cars though I do really like them. It will take another year and a massive upgrade to get $10K off an Exige S.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichS View Post
Last year a dealership dropped the price of their new cars by $10K (lower than their cost).
yay for me! I was part of the fire sale.

2011 PB Lotus Evora
2014 RAM 1500 Express - Black Express Package (DD)
2006 KG Elise - SOLD
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 07:08 PM

So are there any deals to be had? My dad and I are looking into possibly trading our 2500 mi '06 Z4 M Roadster for an Exige S.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 11:25 AM

I got a deal...

I suggest you do a search as there are indications some of the dealers are willing to make deals on cars in inventory. Search for both for where the deals are and for people that recently bought cars.

I will contribute. I ordered my Exige S 240 from MidRivers Lotus (talk to Paul) and got an amazing deal.

Let me also voice my frustration, not with the dealer but with Lotus. Well, not really with Lotus as I understand their decision but frustrating nonetheless. I wanted to order my car because I do not want the Touring Package or StarShield. (Do a search for why or look at my past posts...) I could have had my car within a week otherwise. Anyway the car needed to be ordered as there were none like it in inventory. Lotus provides a build date, well, a build month and so it will be built sometime this month. Delivery sometime in January.

Back on topic, MidRivers provides such a good deal that having to ship the car to California is worth the effort. Even better MidRivers also has access to a car transport company so shipping is not a huge issue. I will post more when I consummate the transaction and get my car.

Michael

www.sandsmuseum.com
antique coin op repair
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsmuseum View Post
I suggest you do a search as there are indications some of the dealers are willing to make deals on cars in inventory. Search for both for where the deals are and for people that recently bought cars.

I will contribute. I ordered my Exige S 240 from MidRivers Lotus (talk to Paul) and got an amazing deal.

Let me also voice my frustration, not with the dealer but with Lotus. Well, not really with Lotus as I understand their decision but frustrating nonetheless. I wanted to order my car because I do not want the Touring Package or StarShield. (Do a search for why or look at my past posts...) I could have had my car within a week otherwise. Anyway the car needed to be ordered as there were none like it in inventory. Lotus provides a build date, well, a build month and so it will be built sometime this month. Delivery sometime in January.

Back on topic, MidRivers provides such a good deal that having to ship the car to California is worth the effort. Even better MidRivers also has access to a car transport company so shipping is not a huge issue. I will post more when I consummate the transaction and get my car.

Michael

You have been a fairly vocal advocate for this dealership but I have to point out that the majority on this board who have had dealings with their sales department (particularly the newer sales staff since Steve Brown) disagree with you. The reputation this dealership has is well known.

Like the recent thread about Secor 111 and BWR - you will always have some who are outspoken or had bad service...but this dealership is out there and may be one of the top on this forum with the worst experience. Their service department is great - it's the sales department where the criticizm stems from.

This dealership sells very little of their Lotus volume locally. Now why do you think the dealership would rather sell their cars to others outside the area than to those within the area (especially with the attention Lotus's get and the word of mouth they can generate?)

I concede that the local economy isn't particularly conducive to this type of car (hey - - it's Missouri) but a key fact is that even the majority of local Lotus's that are around here were not purchased tfrom there. Ask yourself why aren't enthusiasts like ourselves or even novices to the marque buying from there. Wouldn't they rather save the transport expense and cut a little better deal for those interested locally?

There are really many reasons known to the locals. Cars (including the brand new Persian Blue 08 240S) sit outside in the elements and get the grit and grim wiped off here in there - or dry scratched into the finish and buffed out later. They had snow on them for several days. Even the tires which can't be below a certain temperature sit outside regardless. Hot or cold, rain or snow, hail or ? Parts seem to be interchangable with used models and so on. But the sales staff just don't even try to work with local customers.

There is a reason most local owners, local Lotus clubs and those in the surrounding area's from Chicago to Kansas City do not buy from there. (see the Kansas City area thread). They take the cars to shows with scantily clad wemon and promote at second rate venues. These kind of publicity stunts cheapen the marque and it's image. They work with a little known publication and do not want to take other Lotus's as trades. I can go on and on but I am not here to trash the place or point out their practices.

The point to all is to be educated...learn about the cars on your own, from this and other forums. Be critical. Read everything you can. Don't just rely on dealers to inform you --- they aren't always accurate. Don't rush into something - wait a while...then wait even longer. Unless you've got money to burn - shop around. In this instance, you'll likely get a better deal elsewhere.

Last edited by Vishus_1; 12-20-2007 at 04:58 PM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 05:47 AM

hey guys, saw this post figured I'd tell you what we have. We are the only Lotus store in VA

--2007 Lotus Elise - Ardent Red / Tan - Hard Top- Star Sheild- Touring Package $51015

--2007 Lotus Exige S - Phantom Black / Black - Metallic Paint- Star Sheild- Traction Control- Track Pack- Touring Package
$66740

--2007 Lotus Exige S - Aspen White Metallic / Black - Lifestyle Paint- Star Sheild- Traction Control- Track Pack- Touring Pack
$67350

--2007 Lotus Exige S - Polar Blue / Black Metallic Lifestyle Paint- Star Sheild- Traction Control- Track Pack- Touring Package
$67350

Euroclassics Website
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 12:44 PM

Hello all. I was looking through the various posts this morning and came across this one. I am pleased to say that I infact have 1 2007 Exige S left in stock. I would be more than willing to work a deal on the car as it has been in my inventory for some time now! The car is Phantom Black and has black rims. If anyone is interested in this car please message me and I will send you more details....!

Charlie

Lotus of Austin
lotusofaustin.com
(512)458-6400
[email protected]

Last edited by Charlie Lunsford; 01-02-2008 at 12:49 PM. Reason: edited signature
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 12:54 PM

Why would anyone spend 67k on a 2007 Exige S, when they could get a 08' S 240 for 3 grand more?
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 02:08 PM

Yes, I agree mpsalm, This give the buter added leverage on buying a 2007 Exige S. Two things to consider, first, the car is already one model year old, and, second, superseded by a higher performing model. I would not pay anything more than at least $7500 off list. Be patient and stick to your guns. Hey, Lotus dealers even have some unsold 2006s. Informed buyers are in the catbird's seat.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 03:17 PM

midrivers lotus

lets start over.my name is paul gaudette and im the new sales manager at midrivers lotus. the owner has brought me in to help all lotus customers it does not matter if you are local or not,if you have any questions about any thing or any input for our dealership give me a call direct on my cell 636-577-5859.this dealership is taking a new direction in both sales and service.midrivers lotus is truly a place that you can feel good about buying your lotus from.you will no longer deal with a sales person every one will deal direct with the manager of the store.please give me a call if you have any questions or if you just want to compare prices or options on a car.YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH OUR PRICES!!!!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsmuseum View Post

So, what you're saying is... nothing has changed since you got your Elise?

torque (trk) n. - an excuse for the lack of momentum.
- let's bring back CanAm & Group B!
- have you hugged your Exige today?
I'm currently working on my performance driving merit badge.
There's always somebody faster, sometimes it's me.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 05:43 PM

$9000.00 off MSRP is probably about max for the dealer to move a car and make nothing.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B in SD View Post
$9000.00 off MSRP is probably about max for the dealer to move a car and make nothing.
What was it that GM once said? "We lose money on every car we make, but we make it up in volume."

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
-- Laurence J. Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > New car information, Specs, Demos, Price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in