Is Aspen White plain white or pearlescent? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Is Aspen White plain white or pearlescent?

Does it have the metal bits in it like the storm titanium or even the multi color like chili red (red/orange), or is a straight gloss white?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 12:23 PM

It has very subtle metal flake. It's not pearlescent. The metallic nature shows up best in bright sunlight.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 12:27 PM

It has gold flake in it.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 12:37 PM

It has flake in it, but unless you are really looking for it, it looks white. Nothing like the pearl white you seen on Lexus'.

My line is never wrong, it just doesn't always correspond with the asphalt.

Above the clouds, the sun is always shining.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 01:11 PM
insert clever title here

Gold? I thought it looked more bluish. Anyway, yes, there's metallic flake in it, but I wouldn't describe it as a pearlescent finish.

'05 Elise, Magnetic Blue / Biscuit / Hardtop
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 11:01 PM

it is not multi-color although at night it tends to take on the color of the street lights. I really like the color, it has some metal flake which is nice in the sun, but not terribly obvious so it doesn't look cheap. I've had a number of compliments on the color from the people you're want complimenting it.

...and if you get a deep scratch, it barely shows since the base fiberglass is also white.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewalberg

...and if you get a deep scratch, it barely shows since the base fiberglass is also white.
Which is a big plus in my book
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westrock View Post
Which is a big plus in my book

Same here. Now I need an AW....

Still can't decide between AW, ChR, KG or CO for my next car

Although LB is pretty awesome.

Be an alpha male. Drive a Lotus.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 05:21 AM

AW is awesome looking, but STi hid the dirt and road grim much better. You will also notice the yellowing of the Starshield on AW, and yes I don't care what BS they say, the Starshield does yellow over time.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 09:45 AM

correct white doesn't hide dirt well... metallic silvery or goldish cars do much better. i think white is a neat color on this car becuase it's conventional so it doesn't attract "police" attention, but it still looks really nice because of all the black trim, and is still a visible car... and it matches really nicely with red and tan interior on the interior door panels.

The comments you get, are more like "wow, white actually looks really nice on this car".... my observation is that white only looks good on cars that have something special about them... normal cars just look like a rental.

Again! Think scratch cosmetic avoidance! i had to get on all 4's and look under the chin to see it had been scrubbed. Most cars you can see it when you walk up to them.

Mine was probably the first white car of the production line for 06's... VIN ends in 0007 and it's starshield is not changed that i can tell, but it's not that old... fortunately one of the observations of the body shop it's at is that the lotus starshield is of a good quality and one that can simply be peeled off by hand at normal temps so you can replace it easily without fear of body damage/paint removal. I also imagine high heat areas will yello the starshield faster.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 04:44 PM

My StarShield yellowed quite a bit over the year and half I have had my AW Exige. I took photos from all angles and they were sent by the dealer to the SS headquarters and they agreed that it needed to be changed under warranty for discoloration and a streaking sort of film that was under it. Now it looks like a new car almost. After letting the car (StartShield) sit for a couple of weeks without waxing, I tried ReJex on the whole car. I know there may not be the depth on other colors, but on AW it looks great. So far everything from break dust to bugs hose off or at worst, wipe off with the lightest touch washing. I did put 3 coats on the rims inside and out over a 4-day period. Does not take long but so far is great. Sorry to get on the Rejex promo but it is worth a look IMHO!

Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > New car information, Specs, Demos, Price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in