California Edition Elise... Info? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

California Edition Elise... Info?

Where can I find info on the New California Edition Elise? I saw it at the autoshow, but never asked anything about it... I already did a search and have yet to find info on pricing, pics, trim selection, etc..

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 02:28 PM

The California Elise is a limited edition car with only 50 units to be produced. 25 Yellow/ 25 Red. They feature special color leather interiors (either Magnolia with Black or Magnolia with Red accents). The body trim is body colored except for the front grille which is a metallic silver painted finish. They are all equipped with:

· Lotus decals located on the windscreen and rear sides
· Silver colored front grilles
· Body colored side air inlets and rear grilles
· Upgraded cast wheels
· Two-tone colored leather interior
· Colored shift gaiter and handbrake
· Magnolia colored dash board and console
· Magnolia colored headliner
· Extended carpets
· Alpine sound system
· Rear spoiler
· Upgraded California Edition shift-knob - Dealer fitment
· Touring Pack
· Hardtop
· Starshield

The California Edition is eligible for the Owner Loyalty Program Incentive of $2,000.00 and is priced at $51,770.00
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 03:43 PM

all you need to know is that its horrible looking, and not worth the outrageous "numbered vehicle" price tag. Get the club racer instead.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info Wallabyguy.

To answer the Z-D statement... I am NOT a fan of the Elise interior (Love the exterior) and am one of those (many) folks that like a WELL equipped(lots of leather, carpet, comfortable seats,etc..) interior (One of the main reasons I love the Esprit). I was amazed when I saw the California Edition. I actually found an Elise the I could buy.. I would want an Elise that is even MORE equipped than the California Elise, a supercharger that doesn't take away from rear visibility. I don't mind if the weight goes up to 2100lbs. It will still be super fast, and wonderful for my many long drives (and daily drives). Just my opinion and needs...
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 04:47 PM

there are no "comfortable" seats standard in an elise or exige. The color scheming is terrible on those cars IMO. you can get a standard elise, put in the leather/ancalantara interior for less than the numbered vehicle price tag, get a more exciting exterior color, and less tacky interior.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Very true.. The California Edition I saw was quite tacky. The fact that you can only choose from two color schemes is terrible. Not sure why that is not a normal option. I hear what you're saying... I would just buy an '07 ExigeS used and have a similar interior installed... That would be the best bet.. Although I like the SC that doesn't mess with the rear visibility..

Thanks
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 05:36 PM

A couple of notes:
1. If you look at the pricing on the California Edition, it's actually LESS than a standard Elise with the same equipment

2. We could easily add the additional appointments of the California edition to any standard Elise or to a SC Elise(minus the magnolia color dash)

PM me if you would like to discuss.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 06:15 PM

Option 2! Option 2! PM Robert he's the best
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 07:55 PM

wallabyguy!
I have 2005 EXIGE, I left massage your voic mail also I e-mail from your website but nothing.
I'm interested covertible kit.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 10:56 AM

Boardwalk has a yellow California Edition car and all i can say is that i think all Californians should be personally insulted by the thing. It is the ugliest combination of colors... Yellow exterior with yellow painted hood and rear deck fins which look REALLY cheap now, and Silver painted front grill which looks equally cheap now. Then they painted all the interior plastic trim into a speckled tan colored, which might look nice on a black or blue or white car, but just looks terrible on the yellow... and it uses the overstock cast exige rims.

Some of the leather work is okay, but leather on the door sills is a terrible idea, plain and simple.

All in all, the Lotus trim shop can do some really nice work, but which-ever reject marketing monkey was given the go-ahead on this should be fired... it should be called the Oklahoma Edition if you ask me... and they should screw a couple more dummy exhaust tips onto the diffuser for effect. (sorry for the jab at oklahoma, we have some family friends who are native oklahomans and they're wonderful people)

I'd take the 72D way before this thing... at least that you can say is artistically true to a 70's disco heritage!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewalberg View Post
Some of the leather work is okay, but leather on the door sills is a terrible idea, plain and simple.
My car was back in the wash bays today, and our California was sitting back there too, so I sat in it for a little bit. I can deal with a lot of things about it, but the leather over the sill is just silly. The hard plastic in the normal Elise scuffs as is, and the material on the 2008's I've seen is worse than the previous years.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-dculus View Post
there are no "comfortable" seats standard in an elise or exige
I would counter and say that you can only get comfortable seats in an Elise or Exige. They're some of the most comfortable car seats I've ever sat in. You do have to have good posture while sitting in them, but if you do they are extremely comfortable.

My car is a 2006 and has the ProBax padding, so maybe this is something people with earlier Lotus can't understand. In my limited experience sitting in sport seats (standard in Exiges and the California Elise) I find that they are slightly more comfortable than the normal seats.

PS - Z-D, I do agree with you on the Club Racer being the cooler of the two limited edition Lotus available right now.

Last edited by solar; 12-23-2007 at 05:21 AM.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 03:11 PM

The California Edition is

I saw the new Club Racer at the Portland dealer, and it is VERY nice!!!

The alcantra seats and console with light blue stitching is the best interior I have seen.
Attached Images

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solar View Post
I would counter and say that you can only get comfortable seats in an Elise or Exige. They're some of the most comfortable car seats I've ever sat in. You do have to have good posture while sitting in them, but if you do they are extremely comfortable.

My car is a 2006 and has the ProBax padding, so maybe this is something people with earlier Lotus can't understand. In my limited experience sitting in sport seats (standard in Exiges and the California Elise) I find that they are slightly more comfortable than the normal seats.

PS - Z-D, I do agree with you on the Club Racer being the cooler of the two limited edition Lotus available right now.

For me they're comfortable, but only for about 45 mins. After that my lower back starts to kill. The new seats dont' have that little hand pump for the lumbar support, which i absolutely crave with the way I'm built.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steuspeed View Post
The California Edition is

I saw the new Club Racer at the Portland dealer, and it is VERY nice!!!

The alcantra seats and console with light blue stitching is the best interior I have seen.
I saw this in the 2008 brochure and I'll say now what I thought then.

This car is absolutely beautiful and I love the colors.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 06:15 PM

Garage
Saw a California today at Lotus of Durham. I actually liked the interior, as impractical as the sills are. It brings the street aspect of the Elise into a new realm. The new wheels are nice too.
Other than that, it looks like an insult to American taste (however appropriate that might be). The rear spoiler ruins the nice Elise lines, especially from the rear. The painted vents really mess up the other lines. The silver grill does look like the movie Cars.
I know these opinions have been oft stated on LT, just wanted to weigh in now that I have seen one.
They almost got in right with the Club Racer, almost Carolina Blue!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRTHTAKR View Post
Other than that, it looks like an insult to American taste (however appropriate that might be). The rear spoiler ruins the nice Elise lines, especially from the rear. The painted vents really mess up the other lines. The silver grill does look like the movie Cars.

Maybe they were thinking of the Ferrari California with the chrome grill when they named it. (see attached picture)

In person, the grill looks pretty bad. Almost like they took silver spray paint on it; doesnt look like chrome at all.
Attached Images

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 10:36 PM

Dude,

buy yourself a 2005 elise, take it to HRM, have them do all the interior work you want done to it.. or better yet order some nice stuff frmo sector 111 for it, AS WELL as the supercharger for 7k installed.. then have a elise w/ 240hp at the crank to enjoy.. and let's be honest that is the power these cars should have anyway.. plus you get rear visibility!

that would be the direction I would go for sure..
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 01:16 PM

uhhh this would get SOOOOO dirty especially for daily driving purposes

IMO the overall exterior look is not bad, i could go with out the wheels or interior
but add the S/C if its not standard already
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > New car information, Specs, Demos, Price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in