Elise SC pricing info? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

Elise SC pricing info?

Been searching for awhile for an Elise SC. Any info on pricing would be
Helpful!
I have seen asking prices for a long time but never know what they are getting

Can anyone tell me what to expect to pay for a very clean low mileage (under 15k) SC year wise?

Thanks for the education!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drevil View Post
Been searching for awhile for an Elise SC. Any info on pricing would be
Helpful!
I have seen asking prices for a long time but never know what they are getting

Can anyone tell me what to expect to pay for a very clean low mileage (under 15k) SC year wise?

Thanks for the education!
The cars are so few in number that each transaction will be unique based on how badly the buyer wants a given car, how narrow his/her criteria are (mileage, color, options, distance to pick up/deliver) and how badly the seller wants to sell.

In another thread you gave very narrow criteria: starlight black, low mileage, factory SC...then said MAYBE white.

If I had a starlight black factory SC with low miles...my price to you just would have gone up $5K.

People post up looking for cars as if there is a vast supply of cars, in all colors/options/mileage dispersed evenly throughout the country.

If/when I get back into the market, I will be posting up minimal criteria to see what comes my way, rather than telling sellers exactly what I want so they can tack on a premium.

Best of luck.

Owned, loved, enjoyed, and now gone:
1969 Europa S2 Blue
1970 Europa S2 White
1974 Europa Twin Cam Blue
1974 Europa Twin Cam Blue
1984 Turbo Esprit Calypso Red
2005 Elise Starlight Black
2005 Elise Saffron Yellow
2005 Elise Ardent Red
2006 Exige Graphite Grey
2007 Exige Canyon Red

Other:
1970 MGB GT
1970 Datsun 510
1984 Honda CRX Si
1984 Pontiac Fiero
2004 Chrysler Crossfire
2009 Pontiac Solstice Coupe
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Nice points thanks for reply. Any case I'm not desperate
Been looking for months. Currently have a 135i as my primary
Car which gives me loads of fun. This will be a second car, weekend driver
And am willing to hold out for the right ride.

Ballpark figures anyone? Just watched one in SLC at a dealer who had a pristine white 08 SC with 3900 miles . I believe they wanted 39k?

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 08:11 AM

$39K is a good price. This past fall a couple of 2011 SCs with very low miles sold for $40-$45K.
In Canada, it's a different story, since you cannot import US cars into Canada and new prices were higher.

Another related question -- how many '08-'11 SCs are there in North America. Any estimates?

2009 Elise SC
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

few hundred at best I would guess
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

I think I would pull the trigger on an Evora and pay in the 50s if I were in the 45 range on an Elise...

Want to get a price in the 30s. Planning to get the 15 Elise when it comes out.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 09:59 AM

For a low miles 08 I would say $39k is a very good price.

2006 Autumn Gold Elise Lily RIP-rebirth by newowner
2007 Exige S Phantom Black Type 72D Trim Goldilocks-sold
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Nice points thanks for reply. Any case I'm not desperate
Been looking for months. Currently have a 135i as my primary
Car which gives me loads of fun. This will be a second car, weekend driver
And am willing to hold out for the right ride.

Ballpark figures anyone? Just watched one in SLC at a dealer who had a pristine white 08 SC with 3900 miles . I believe they wanted 39k?
I bought that one....but it had 3400 miles.

I cannot recommend the SC enough. This car was completely immaculate which is why I was willing to pay about $8K or so more than I initially wanted to for an NA 2005 or 2006. Low miles, immaculate condition, ECU dump, SC, the SC wheels we wanted with the spoiler we liked and in our 2nd choice of color.

Blue book (which was WAAAY too high) listed the car at ~$58,500. I think what I paid was fair. I probably would have gone to $42K for something similar, but you can find NA 2011s with less than 10K miles for $45K or so as well.

HTH,
Sean
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Planning to get the 15 Elise when it comes out.
I wouldn't hold my breath. That's on hold or cancelled. Lotus is fighting for its life right now... I wouldn't wait for a future model, because there may not be any.

2009 Elise SC
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath. That's on hold or cancelled. Lotus is fighting for its life right now... I wouldn't wait for a future model, because there may not be any.
really? wasn't aware of that. Maybe I need to do some reading.
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 08:03 PM

I doubt the current owners will pull the plug on Lotus -- they said they are standing behind it (at least for now).
But it's totally unclear what future models will be coming. I read that only one model is being developed at present, and that it was a new Esprit. But these are just rumors. What is clear is that nothing is clear!

2009 Elise SC
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 04:32 AM

Can't believe no one has mentioned it, but are you married to the factor SC? Many people (self included) have put superchargers in their cars aftwards - factory, Katana, VF, etc.

Might open up your options a bit.

As for the 2015 Elise? Well, if I were a betting man, I'd say 'ain't gonna happen'. It's a long read, but there so many issues with Lotus as a company that I doubt we'll see the new models as planned and from what I understand, if it did happen, the wood be put behind getting the new Esprit to market.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 05:00 AM

I will second the motion for considering either adding a supercharger, or, purchasing a car which has had one of the good kits installed. Most of the aftermarket kits are well thought out and tuned. There are no aftermarket kits which produce less power than the factory supercharger; many of the kits produce substantially more. You would be surprised at the difference between the factory supercharged 218 (crank) hp car, and the 265/310/350 (crank) hp cars with aftermarket kits. A few extra hp make a significant difference in driving experience. You will find yourself simply pressing on the gas pedal to pass on the freeway, instead of jamming the car into a lower gear to pass (thanks to the broader power band).

Storm titanium 2005 Elise with carbon fiber spoiler, BWR sway bar, BOE toe links, gPan2, LidBone, sector 111 wheel studs, Grey RAC Monolite wheels with toyo R1R, Team Dynamics 1.4 with Hoosier A6/R6s, Katana2 Supercharger, ECU with 265 flash. PPE headers w/decat, CEL angle eliminator, Silent touch catback, Rear Panel Eliminator, HKS intake, V2 fuel tank, Walbro255 fuel pump. HID lights.
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by addertooth View Post
I will second the motion for considering either adding a supercharger, or, purchasing a car which has had one of the good kits installed. Most of the aftermarket kits are well thought out and tuned. There are no aftermarket kits which produce less power than the factory supercharger; many of the kits produce substantially more. You would be surprised at the difference between the factory supercharged 218 (crank) hp car, and the 265/310/350 (crank) hp cars with aftermarket kits. A few extra hp make a significant difference in driving experience. You will find yourself simply pressing on the gas pedal to pass on the freeway, instead of jamming the car into a lower gear to pass (thanks to the broader power band).
Agreed...and I'm saying this as someone who has the factory SC. I'm very glad I didn't get the regular NA Elise and I'm very happy with the power, but some of the aftermarket SCs make SOOO much more power. Now, whether or not the drivetrain will hold up to the extra power is another matter to consider. Likely depends on if you track it or how you drive.

Mine is so nice, I can't see pulling the factory SC for one with more output....but I can see buying another Elise and modding the heck out of it. Problem is: I have too many cars as it is.

I'm happy for now, but I can see in the future wanting more power. The factory SC has a pretty broad power band....I run 3500 rpm at 75mph....and it has plenty of passing power in 6th gear for most situations.

Anyway, what I'm laboring to say is: getting an NA Elise may be a good option. My understanding is parts for the SC kits are $4-5K and will make a lot more power....so that may be a better alternative than trying to find a factory SC.

HTH,
Sean
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 05:51 AM

Oh, dumb question: What does the 190 hp (crank) NA Elise make in terms of whp?

Just wondering.....

Thanks,
Sean
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Guys

was just under the impression that the factory installed kit may be a little less harsh on the car and less likely to blow it up. Are the aftermarket kits really tuned that well?

Back to the original question... what prices are people paying right now out there? I do appreciate the advice about the supercharger...!
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Thanks Guys

was just under the impression that the factory installed kit may be a little less harsh on the car and less likely to blow it up. Are the aftermarket kits really tuned that well?

Back to the original question... what prices are people paying right now out there? I do appreciate the advice about the supercharger...!
The tunes that come with these superchargers are incredibly well-tuned. In fact, I could have sworn people saying that some of these tunes are technically "better" than what even comes from the factory.

2006 ST Exige - GT-28RS, Darton sleeved/decked/line-honed, ARP hardware, Wiseco 8.8:1 pistons, MWR valves/springs/retainers, RC injectors, Walbro pump, CWorx oil pump, Moroso oil pan, S111 TrackMounts, Spearco intercooler, GReddy catch-can, Turbosmart BOV, Fidanza clutch/flywheel CF Panels/scoops, S111 Rear Diffuser/Rear-Panel Delete/discNOIR Brakes w/SS lines/RTDbrace/Towhook, APR CF Splitter Alpine unit w/MBQuart, CF binnacle/shifter, Schroth harness, S111 shift brace (Sold)
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

So what else is needed besides the actual supercharger? what do you think total cost of parts and labor would be??
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 05:09 PM

SeanK,
A NA Elise is about 166-168 Wheel HP.
Drevil,
The best way to do it is as a complete kit, nothing else is needed then.

Storm titanium 2005 Elise with carbon fiber spoiler, BWR sway bar, BOE toe links, gPan2, LidBone, sector 111 wheel studs, Grey RAC Monolite wheels with toyo R1R, Team Dynamics 1.4 with Hoosier A6/R6s, Katana2 Supercharger, ECU with 265 flash. PPE headers w/decat, CEL angle eliminator, Silent touch catback, Rear Panel Eliminator, HKS intake, V2 fuel tank, Walbro255 fuel pump. HID lights.
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-28-2012, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by addertooth View Post
SeanK,
A NA Elise is about 166-168 Wheel HP.
Drevil,
The best way to do it is as a complete kit, nothing else is needed then.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > New car information, Specs, Demos, Price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in