Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drevil View Post
Been searching for awhile for an Elise SC. Any info on pricing would be
Helpful!
I have seen asking prices for a long time but never know what they are getting

Can anyone tell me what to expect to pay for a very clean low mileage (under 15k) SC year wise?

Thanks for the education!
Not that it's much help, but I bought an '08 SC in June '09 from the dealer in La Jolla. A "factory demo", it had 1700 miles on it. I think I paid $47K. Canyon Red, touring package.
Dave Darling
Atlanta
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Been searching for awhile for an Elise SC. Any info on pricing would be
Helpful!
I have seen asking prices for a long time but never know what they are getting

Can anyone tell me what to expect to pay for a very clean low mileage (under 15k) SC year wise?

Thanks for the education!
FYI I have a modified 135i as a daily driver, and I just picked up a higher mileage n/a 2005 Elise for $23k.

I love it, even with no supercharger. It's not quite as fast as the 135i (obviously), but the rush when the VVTI changeover happens makes it feel faster (it also has a Larini exhaust, so it's LOUD).

I may supercharge mine next year, but either way, I love the car as-is.

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by addertooth View Post
SeanK,
A NA Elise is about 166-168 Wheel HP.
Drevil,
The best way to do it is as a complete kit, nothing else is needed then.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Sean
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namitacud View Post
Not that it's much help, but I bought an '08 SC in June '09 from the dealer in La Jolla. A "factory demo", it had 1700 miles on it. I think I paid $47K. Canyon Red, touring package.
Dave Darling
Atlanta
That does help, every sold vehicle helps me get a little closer on pricing
Thanks for taking the time!
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay View Post
FYI I have a modified 135i as a daily driver, and I just picked up a higher mileage n/a 2005 Elise for $23k.

I love it, even with no supercharger. It's not quite as fast as the 135i (obviously), but the rush when the VVTI changeover happens makes it feel faster (it also has a Larini exhaust, so it's LOUD).

I may supercharge mine next year, but either way, I love the car as-is.
That's great to know especially as a fellow 135i owner
I love my car! Any other comparison thoughts?
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 02:43 PM

Buy mine for ~30K and its track ready. Throw 5K at for a SC and you have a MUCH better car than a stock SC for thousands less

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
12 Maxda MX-5 Miata GT PRHT True Red/Black leather
11 Lotus Evora "S" Persian Blue, Grey/Black Suedetex/Leather
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
That's great to know especially as a fellow 135i owner
I love my car! Any other comparison thoughts?
I am selling the 135i presently (Cars for Sale: 2011 BMW 135i Coupe in Henderson, NV 89044: Coupe Details - 336435560 - AutoTrader.com).

It's a great car but I have kids on the way.

There is no comparison between the cars. The Elise is a rock-solid go-kart. It screams as you rev it.

The 135i has massive torque, but it doesn't like to rev. Even with my KW Coilovers and sticky rubber on my 135i, it still feels like driving a living room couch compared to the Elise.

Also, because the Elise is so raw, has no traction control (I have a 2005), is rear-engined, and is so close to the ground, there is a certain sense of primal fear when you drive it. It's perfectly balanced and sticks like crazy, but it sort of feels like you are driving a shrieking go kart among giant cars (which is sort of accurate). The lack of power steering makes you conscious of every bump and jut in the road. It gets exhausting after 30-60 minutes.

The 135i, when compared, is a liesurely grand tourer. It's great at what it does, but there is no comparison.
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
I am selling the 135i presently (Cars for Sale: 2011 BMW 135i Coupe in Henderson, NV 89044: Coupe Details - 336435560 - AutoTrader.com).

Also, because the Elise is so raw, has no traction control (I have a 2005), is rear-engined, and is so close to the ground, there is a certain sense of primal fear when you drive it. It's perfectly balanced and sticks like crazy, but it sort of feels like you are driving a shrieking go kart among giant cars (which is sort of accurate). The lack of power steering makes you conscious of every bump and jut in the road. It gets exhausting after 30-60 minutes.
God, I flippin' miss it.

2011 Solar Yellow Elise SC
2009 CO Elise SC (R.I.P)
2012 Solar Yellow Evora S
6 spd., 2+2, PB Racing Monza Wheels, Plack Exhaust & one bad ass air freshener (SOLD)
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

It's a great car but I have kids on the way.

There is no comparison between the cars. The Elise is a rock-solid go-kart. It screams as you rev it.

The 135i has massive torque, but it doesn't like to rev. Even with my KW Coilovers and sticky rubber on my 135i, it still feels like driving a living room couch compared to the Elise.

The 135i, when compared, is a liesurely grand tourer. It's great at what it does, but there is no comparison.
Well said.. I completely understand where you are coming from...I love my 135i but I feel like it is a bit top heavy and a brick.
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyCaptain View Post
God, I flippin' miss it.
whats the evora like to drive compared to your experience with your old elise? civil enough to drive everyday?

Last edited by drevil; 01-04-2013 at 08:07 PM. Reason: forgot somethine
post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 02:06 PM

this summer I paid $38k for an 08 SC, starlight black/biscuit, Larini exhaust, black powder coated wheels and some other accessories like a jack helper, painted Exige side scoops, new mats and shower cap.

08 Elise SC Starlight Black
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
whats the evora like to drive compared to your experience with your old elise? civil enough to drive everyday?
Well, the Evora S won't be delivered until April (that's "Lotus time" keep in mind), but from the one test drive I did ABSOLUTELY it'd be civil enough as a DD. There's plenty of guys that do just that on this forum. It's PLENTY comfortable enough but if you need to haul a lot of stuff around besides, say more than a regular grocery run, then it might not be the car for that kind of thing.

I'm sure it'll be much more civil than the Elise, but that might not be such a good thing. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the rawness of the Elise especially with the SC whining behind your head. It's just that going into my 40s I thought the Evora might be a better fit.

2009 CO Elise SC (R.I.P)
6 spd., 2+2, PB Racing Monza Wheels, Plack Exhaust & one bad ass air freshener (SOLD)
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJ View Post
this summer I paid $38k for an 08 SC, starlight black/biscuit, Larini exhaust, black powder coated wheels and some other accessories like a jack helper, painted Exige side scoops, new mats and shower cap.
What packs and how much mileage?

2009 CO Elise SC (R.I.P)
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 03:08 PM

5k miles with touring pack

post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
5k miles with touring pack
Not bad. No sport pack?

2009 CO Elise SC (R.I.P)
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 04:11 AM

Fear Parallel parking on a campus. So many people do the bump/touch as they pull in and exit. Even a 2mph impact can do expensive damage to the fiberglass body. All it takes is one drunk frat boy to ruin your semester. On the plus side, the car is amazingly agile and will garner a lot of attention from both genders. People will drive down the road behind/beside you taking photographs and video on a weekly/monthly basis. I have never experienced this in any of my other cars or bikes.

Storm titanium 2005 Elise with carbon fiber spoiler, BWR sway bar, BOE toe links, gPan2, LidBone, sector 111 wheel studs, Grey RAC Monolite wheels with toyo R1R, Team Dynamics 1.4 with Hoosier A6/R6s, Katana2 Supercharger, ECU with 265 flash. PPE headers w/decat, CEL angle eliminator, Silent touch catback, Rear Panel Eliminator, HKS intake, V2 fuel tank, Walbro255 fuel pump. HID lights.
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Screaming deal! Where did you find that?!
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Abe

Take it for what it's worth coming from a dealer but the market on Elise/Exige have definitely gone up the last 6 months however the old proverbial that "patience is your friend" still holds true...someone is always going to be in desperate need to get rid of one.

Taking care of the Lotus community one Lotus at a time...yes, We Are Lotus
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Screaming deal! Where did you find that?!
local to me and found the ad on this board. It's my 2nd Lotus, I previously owned an 05 Elise. Sold it, missed it and when the SC came on the market this summer I had to have it. I just had a full front end clear bra done.. here's a pic.

'course I'm a finance guy so everything is for sale for the right price
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > New car information, Specs, Demos, Price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in