Exige S Convertible - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 05:33 AM Thread Starter

Exige S Convertible

If this ever comes to the states, I would actually spend some money.

Lotus pops the top on Exige S Roadster

"The same supercharged 3.5-liter V6 is mounted amidships, outputting 345 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque. Mated to the standard six-speed manual, 60 miles per hour comes and goes in 3.8 seconds, but Lotus will also offer the Roadster with its new Serial Precision Shift (SPS) automated manual gearbox, complete with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters.

Sales are expected to begin throughout Europe later this year...."

Former owner of the great car in my avatar, now with a great new owner: 2006 Elise BRG sport, steel brake lines, RTDbrace, hardtop, black powder-coated wheels, Katana (finally working!), Moroso pan, BOE fuel kit, boost & oil pressure gauges, Blackwatch gauge bracket, Tillet seats, Schroth 6-points, Braille, Xtender, Dunlop Star Spec 205/50, 235/45 street , Rotas w/R888s track
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 06:29 AM

: drool:

I would go an place an order today if this car was being sold here. As much as I love my '09 Elise, with this much power, an auto, and the top off, I'm sold. Not for sale in the US!!!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 06:51 AM

I have an Exige roadster. I call it an Elise though.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 08:18 AM

Garage
I agree, I would seriously consider looking at upgrading in the future if this came to the US as well...but only if I could get a proper shifter, and a means of driving the car without all the added electronic help. But I love the look of that car.

Interesting how the dropped the rear spoiler on it...wonder why?

2005 Lotus Elise Graphite Grey - Salvaged title started the SSM build!!!
Maverick ML8 - Other daily
2005 VW Passat Station Wagon TDI (harder to find than the lotus?)
2005 Lotus Elise Starlight Black - Sold
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 08:40 AM

Has heated seats too!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 11:37 AM

Other than the fact it's a new Exige we can't have in the US, I don't get the "Roadster" thing...

I can pull the top off my Exige right now, that's nothing new?
Cheers,
Skottoman

2006 AR N/A Exige-Touring pack-Starshield-TopspeedPro1 exhaust-DeSnorked-Green filter-RTD ToeBrace-Shims Removed-CF Diffuser-CF Splitter-CF Wing-CF Scoops w/custom grills-Black Exige sticker-PC680 battery-S111 battery holddown-Rear Lotus badge-Carpet buttons-Painted shift knob-Painted Console-EBrake Gaiter-SilverStealth bulbs-Front S111 towhook-Polk speakers-Toyo R888s-Lamin-x turn signal tint
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Absolute power does what?

Quote:
I have an Exige roadster. I call it an Elise though.
So do I but I call mine an Exige.

I don't understand this car at all. The Exige is supposed to be the lightened, track focused version of the Elise. The S the more powerful version of that. Not some stretched monstrosity with no wing and a fully leather wrapped interior? Seriously Lotus? How about making it the stripped out monster it should be then create a special edition Elise for the street guys that want all the extra leather/interior.

No wing on an Exige is just wrong wrong wrong.

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Daily/Tow: '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 01:57 PM

Not to sound smart-alecky, but I guess they tried that, and decided they couldn't stay in business selling 100 cars a year. I did note on another website that they said they would offer stripped down versions, so maybe there'll be a club racer version, and owners can add their own wing (and diffusers, wheels, superchargers, air intakes, headers, exhausts, motor mounts, shifters, clutches, shocks, braces, trannys, splitters, shift knobs, seats, seat rails, gauges, etc.)
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Absolute power does what?

Quote:
Not to sound smart-alecky
You don't - and while I do understand the new direction and selling a more upscale product why would you do that with the Exige? Especially an Exige S? Call it the "Exige Luxury Edition" or something (although that would probably be worse, a luxury edition moniker makes me cringe more).

Seems they are just diluting the brand with their faithful - will they sell this car, yes, of course. Should they is a completely different story...

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Daily/Tow: '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 02:35 PM

I don't understand what the hell happened with the interior. If you look closely the fit and finish of the leather on the seats and steering wheel are atrocious. If I didn't know better I would have thought it was done part time by some amateur hack on his first try. Deplorable interior work.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 11:36 AM

I like the look, but Lotus is marketing to the masses more. Larger, more refined, more comfty. The rear's a little boxy. But I like the front and sides. Yea the interior looks meh but maybe a different color will be better. trying to be more ferrari like? with the glass engine compartment? did i miss the stick shift in the photos? Marketing to the public is fine as long as they continue to have some models to fill that niche. Also marketing to the public allows more sales and lotus to stay in business
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Abe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLDean View Post
I don't understand what the hell happened with the interior. If you look closely the fit and finish of the leather on the seats and steering wheel are atrocious. If I didn't know better I would have thought it was done part time by some amateur hack on his first try. Deplorable interior work.
These are just prototypes and I wouldn't doubt that Lotus simply threw something together in order to accommodate the auto show (something to show). Once this things hit production, I have no doubt fit-n-finish will be much improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuser View Post
I like the look, but Lotus is marketing to the masses more. Larger, more refined, more comfty. The rear's a little boxy. But I like the front and sides. Yea the interior looks meh but maybe a different color will be better. trying to be more ferrari like? with the glass engine compartment? did i miss the stick shift in the photos? Marketing to the public is fine as long as they continue to have some models to fill that niche. Also marketing to the public allows more sales and lotus to stay in business
+1

Taking care of the Lotus community one Lotus at a time...yes, We Are Lotus
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 05:46 PM
BANNED

I want one....more than the ESPRIT. My buds would never believe me unless they look at this beaut.

I'm being real picky here. The steering wheel hub/hornpad looks to large. Perhaps if they added a black ring around the circumference of it, where there is a line already; it ought to look smaller and better. (?)
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 04:51 PM

Still cheaper then the convertible Hennessey Venom......

(actually its cheaper then the "upgrade" cost for the convertible venom)
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 10:34 AM

Phones at dealerships are ringing off the hook in US. That's how we got the S2 Elise. You want it, call them. BTW noting says you can't buy one and strip it out for track use same as any other car. BMW doesn't make an M3 with no door panels , AC etc, why should Lotus?

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
12 Maxda MX-5 Miata GT PRHT True Red/Black leather
11 Lotus Evora "S" Persian Blue, Grey/Black Suedetex/Leather
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 11:17 AM

I still say Lotus is missing the boat by not selling rolling chassis, and making the engine/transmission available for purchase. This allows cars which normally cannot be certified for road use to be sold in the U.S., assembled by a hobbyist, then registered and driven on the street.

Storm titanium 2005 Elise with carbon fiber spoiler, BWR sway bar, BOE toe links, gPan2, LidBone, sector 111 wheel studs, Grey RAC Monolite wheels with toyo R1R, Team Dynamics 1.4 with Hoosier A6/R6s, Katana2 Supercharger, ECU with 265 flash. PPE headers w/decat, CEL angle eliminator, Silent touch catback, Rear Panel Eliminator, HKS intake, V2 fuel tank, Walbro255 fuel pump. HID lights.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 11:43 AM

Garage
WTF. This makes absolutely no sense to me.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 11:50 AM
CMP

i wonder if that engine would fit in a 2005 elise... with or without a trunk delete...

Oh snap! I'm on fire!
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 01:38 PM

Love the Ferrari engine look! The interrior looks very nice. This is how the Elise/Exige should already look, very classy. Overall a very nice car!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 05:45 AM

I can understand Lotus looking for more street car sales. I was heavily into both autocross and roadracing in the mid 90's. The BMW M3 lightweight hit the dealer showrooms. The car was pretty much targeted right at my head. The lack of AC (and the extra $10k pricetag) kept me from trading my 90 M3 for one. 2 years later, our local BMW dealer still had one languishing in the showroom. These types of cars (Shelby Cobras, club sport anything, M3 LTW, Shelby Series 1) become legends that years later, people can't believe that they didn't sell well. But for guys who are buying a street/track car, the majority of the time is spent on the street. I eventually went to a low $$$ prepared racecar/trailer/tow vehicle route. Does Lotus want to send something over that's going to sell only 100 of? I doubt it. Unless you're interested in shelling out $150k for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > New car information, Specs, Demos, Price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in