Fair Price on a new 07 Exige - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 508
Fair Price on a new 07 Exige

A dealer called today to see if I was interested in an 07 with 45 miles, never titled. It has starshield, TC, Touring pkg. Yellow color. What is a fair price? It is kinda hard to tell what dealers are taking these days for the few "new" 07s left on the lot.
TorsinADoc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Registered User
 
RoadDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,273
When did the warranty get activated?
RoadDad is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 508
hasn't been activated so should be good for 3 years
TorsinADoc is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Registered User
 
RichS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 3,366
I think anything less than 50K out the door is a good deal. Anything less than 45K is an amazing deal.

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
-- Laurence J. Peter
RichS is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Registered User
 
RoadDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,273
You may want to check on the warranty. My understanding, which is often wrong, is that the warranty is activated at the time of sale, at 50 miles or after ???? amount of time sitting on the lot, whichever comes first.

I may be way off on that and thinking of something completely different. Perhaps I am recalling demo cars .

EDIT: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/935770-post15.html I was close. Warranty starts at time of sale or after 50 miles on the clock. I don't know where I got the ???? amount of time sitting - perhaps was from the demo car. I'll go away now.

Last edited by RoadDad; 07-13-2009 at 11:34 AM.
RoadDad is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDad View Post
You may want to check on the warranty. My understanding, which is often wrong, is that the warranty is activated at the time of sale, at 50 miles or after ???? amount of time sitting on the lot, whichever comes first.

I may be way off on that and thinking of something completely different. Perhaps I am recalling demo cars .

EDIT: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/935770-post15.html I was close. Warranty starts at time of sale or after 50 miles on the clock. I don't know where I got the ???? amount of time sitting - perhaps was from the demo car. I'll go away now.
THANKS FOR THE INFO!
TorsinADoc is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Registered User
 
4380r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDad View Post
EDIT: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/935770-post15.html I was close. Warranty starts at time of sale or after 50 miles on the clock. I don't know where I got the ???? amount of time sitting - perhaps was from the demo car. I'll go away now.
Not necessarily so. I bought a new leftover 07 Exige S from a Lotus dealer last summer. Paid $46K, only options were starshield and metallic paint. I am the first registered owner.

It had just over 100 miles on the clock when I bought it. After hearing it said here so many times that 50 miles triggers the warranty, I decided to check for myself. Did this actually just over a month ago.

Through another dealer, confirmed with Lotus USA and Lotus England that in 'the system' they have my warranty starting my date of purchase, and expiring three years later less one day.

Maybe my case is unusual, but I have confirmed my warranty began date of purchase, and the car had over 50 miles.

Owned, loved, enjoyed, and now gone:
1969 Europa S2 Blue
1970 Europa S2 White
1974 Europa Twin Cam Blue
1974 Europa Twin Cam Blue
1984 Turbo Esprit Calypso Red
2005 Elise Starlight Black
2005 Elise Saffron Yellow
2005 Elise Ardent Red
2006 Exige Graphite Grey
2007 Exige Canyon Red

Other:
1970 MGB GT
1970 Datsun 510
1984 Honda CRX Si
1984 Pontiac Fiero
2004 Chrysler Crossfire
2009 Pontiac Solstice Coupe
4380r is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 05:46 PM
Registered User
 
RoadDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusforsale View Post
Not necessarily so. I bought a new leftover 07 Exige S from a Lotus dealer last summer. Paid $46K, only options were starshield and metallic paint. I am the first registered owner.

It had just over 100 miles on the clock when I bought it. After hearing it said here so many times that 50 miles triggers the warranty, I decided to check for myself. Did this actually just over a month ago.

Through another dealer, confirmed with Lotus USA and Lotus England that in 'the system' they have my warranty starting my date of purchase, and expiring three years later less one day.

Maybe my case is unusual, but I have confirmed my warranty began date of purchase, and the car had over 50 miles.
That is actually good to hear.
RoadDad is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 05:52 AM
Registered User
 
jkfortsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Posts: 28
I've been searching for the last two months and it appears the current market is supporting a price between $40k-$46k. I'm only looking at cars with Starshield, Track, Touring, LSD though so I would not pay more than $40k for the example you cited...if the dealer actually contacted you I think it supports my opinion.

I just completed a deal for an '07 Argent Red Exige S at $45k. It has one thousand miles on it, all options, plus a Focal Stereo upgrade. At smithvolvo.com there is a new '07 Exige S with the same options but in the Storm Titanium color and that one can be had for $46k.

Last edited by jkfortsmith; 07-19-2009 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Grammer
jkfortsmith is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 06:10 AM
Not the admin anymore
 
RacyTracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Palatine, IL
Posts: 11,952
Garage
I could be wrong, but hasn't this car been discussed here before? Off to look for the thread.........

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Audi R8
I am no longer the admin. If you need help, please contact a moderator or send a PM to 'Administrator'.
RacyTracy is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 07:07 AM
Not the admin anymore
 
RacyTracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Palatine, IL
Posts: 11,952
Garage
This thread might be of interest.....


https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/2...oncerns-73332/

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2009 Audi R8
I am no longer the admin. If you need help, please contact a moderator or send a PM to 'Administrator'.
RacyTracy is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Registered User
 
jlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkfortsmith View Post
I've been searching for the last two months and it appears the current market is supporting a price between $40k-$46k. I'm only looking at cars with Starshield, Track, Touring, LSD though so I would not pay more than $40k for the example you cited...if the dealer actually contacted you I think it supports my opinion.

I just completed a deal for an '07 Argent Red Exige S at $45k. It has one thousand miles on it, all options, plus a Focal Stereo upgrade. At smithvolvo.com there is a new '07 Exige S with the same options but in the Storm Titanium color and that one can be had for $46k.
Did you buy the one at Park Ltd ? I saw it and it seemed like a good deal.

There are enough leftover 07s out there that I have to imagine low 40s is within reach.

Jeff
jlee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > New car information, Specs, Demos, Price.

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome