The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Hennessy update venom GT

19K views 54 replies 29 participants last post by  Lotustwn 
#1 ·
Hennessey Venom GT making official U.S. debut at Monterey

nice....but i'll keep on thinking...wouldn't the styling be nicer if based on the elise body....then it would look more like an porsche carrera GT...does anyone dare to paintshop it with the elise-clam instead of the exige??:coolnana:

#34 ·
I dont think there is a whole lot of lotus left in that car. I think hennesy took a reasonable engineering aproach by reusing things like the dash, AC, Headlights, seats etc. I dont know why they didnt work harder on the styling since they were redoing all the bodywork anyways.

I remeber in the lenno interview john was very frank about "based on an exige", which is a bit refreshing compared to say tesla which still has alot of the lotus intact.

Anyways, the car is interesting, ugly, and way overpriced. It does apear to be relatively well engineered as far as I can tll though. How do you think The HVac system will be able to deal with 1200hp of engine coolant running through the doors :) ?

#35 ·
That car is all about raw performance, Its a great showcase for the fact that the standard Elise/Exige VVA chassis structure can be made to withstand 1,200 bhp.

From what I remember, Hennesey didnt engineer the car themselves, it was done by a little outfit in an industrial unit at the Silverstone Circuit in England.

Think they are called Advanced Motorsport Engineering or something like that.

#36 ·
Hennessey Venom GT hits 230 mph in less than 20 seconds

The power junkies over at Hennessey have uploaded a YouTube video of the company's Venom GT hypercar. The Lotus-based GT sprints from 0-to-228 mph in 19.96 seconds, or the time it takes to update your Facebook status.

Behind the driver of the Venom GT is a Corvette ZR1-sourced LS9 V8. It makes 1,244 horsepower in this application, all of which is fed to the rear wheels. In the video a “traction control” banner comes up when the car hits second gear.

For reference, the Venom GT hits 124 mph in 7.96 seconds, and 186 mph—the top speed of an AMG Mercedes—in 13.48 seconds.

Check out www.hennesssey.com for more info on the Venom GT.

Read more: Hennessey Venom GT hits 230 mph in less than 20 seconds - Autoweek

Hennessey Venom GT hits 230 mph in less than 20 seconds - Autoweek

#40 ·
You are a brilliant businessman.

In the early 70's, a friend was selling an unusual, rare, but not classic, BMW.

In those days, the Sunday NYT was where everyone put their ads for interesting cars.

I suggested that I place an ad for a similar car, but with higher mileage, worse condition and higher price.

When anyone called me, I'd say it sold for my high asking price.

"Look, you can control the market for this car for a week and it's only $60!"

He wouldn't do it, but I was sure it'd work.

#45 ·
It's overpriced FOR WHAT IT IS. Its a stretched Exige.

To do so, one must compare it to the other cars at this price point - specifically the Veyron, Pagani and Koenissegg.

Take the interiors of the Venom and a Zonda. The Venom (which I saw in person if you look at the first page of this thread) is literally a stock Elige interior with some TrimShop style enhancements. Some alcantara and yellow stitching. It's something that any capable auto upholstery shop could execute in 3 days with $3K. The Zonda interior is a work of art. Hand laid and weave-mated carbon fibre everywhere. Bespoke titanium components inlaid with the Pagani logo. EVERY fastener made of titanium. The finest leathers known to man. This is expense, engineering and quality.

That is the difference.

And Renderman is right - yes, billionaires do CARE. Sure, some 'enthusiasts' or 'crazy car' guys might buy this, but NOT at $1M. The Veyron, Koenissegg and Paganis will all appreciate in value. They will be work squillions of dollars in 20 years. They represent the current pinnacle of hypercar performance, rarity and status (and collectibility).

The Venom is a car from a shady firm in Texas that injected a rattly $50K 'purists' sports car with steroids.

Hell, even the name is cheesy. 'Venom' sounds like a muscle car limited edition thingie ala the Raptor. It's not a million dollar name. Would be like an exclusive fine dining celebrity chef foodie molecular gastronomy restaurant being called 'The Bacon Shack'

#47 ·
The Veyron, Koenissegg and Paganis will all appreciate in value. They will be work squillions of dollars in 20 years. They represent the current pinnacle of hypercar performance, rarity and status (and collectibility).
I don't know about that since a friend of mine bought a Koenigsegg CCR from the owner who sold it at about 75% of what he bought it for brand-new. And now my friend is selling it for about 50%.... and still hasn't been sold.

#48 ·
I don't know about that since a friend of mine bought a Koenigsegg CCR from the owner who sold it at about 75% of what he bought it for brand-new. And now my friend is selling it for about 50%.... and still hasn't been sold.
There is a simple explanation, if your friend had done some research or spoken to me :D before spending that kind of money he would have known the Koenigsegg CCR is a gadget car AKA an Android, no matter how much you guys want to argue a Galaxy III will never be an Iphone!! The Veyron is the greatest achievement in automotive history and in 20 years should surpass the $6 Million mark, of course borrow the world won't end next Friday...

#44 ·
OK let me put it in perspective for you, if I was a trillionare like OBAMA :D I'd spend 2 Million on a Veyron but not 1 million on lavish Lotus, a Veyron is an investment while that Haagen Dazs limousine will be worth about $60K in 10 years, don't listen to Steve Tyler he's a crack head!! once he gets sober he'll sell the car...

#49 ·
If you think the world is going to end next Friday, you should beg, borrow or steal a Veyron and enjoy it while you can, since it won't matter soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.