HK/Singapore prices - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

HK/Singapore prices

Hey y'all. I am moving from Shanghai to either HK or Singapore. In the process of choosing where to live, one of the main factors to consider is the price of a new Elise R in each country. Anyone know off hand how much it costs? (I prefer Singapore to live, but car prices are way too high so I might just choose HK, cos I need my Elise !)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 09:24 PM

Why not buy an Elise elsewhere and import it?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

For Asia countries import duties on cars and the complicated process don't make it worthwhile. I've been Lotusless for two years now since they don't sell them here, so can't wait to get to either HK or Singapore. I believe the last time I lived in Singapore, a new Elise R cost about US$ 185,000 incuding COE. Now prices are higher. Just want to know how much in HK now for a new Elise....

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 10:42 PM
6i9

Both have crazy high prices compared to the US. HK has really high taxes and license fees which make the car cost more than twice the US. Not sure about Singapore but I imagine it must be similar. The singapore governemt may have even higher taxes though, not sure.

I think I'd rather live in HK though, personally.

Edit: asking my friends, they say Singapore is likely the more expensive one. Can't tell you by how much though

2005 Magnetic Blue Lotus Exige
Drivetrain: Honda K20A Type R | Innovative Kit | Arqray Ti | SCM Intake/Header | Hondata | proRAD | Setrab | KTuned | V2 Fuel Tank | BOE Swirl
Aero: Exige Clams | Reverie | TWRD GT | Craftsquare | IMRP | BSK | Voltex
Suspension: Penske SA | V2arms | RTDbrace | CE28N | R888 | BOE Floating | Pagid RS14
Interior: Recaro SPG | Willans | WorksBell | Sparco
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 06:10 AM

DeanAsh, The HK dealer is doing a promotion right now and you can have a 2009 Elise S (only 2 left) for HKD399,000. FYI. I believe they are normally listed for HKD480,000 or there about. Hope this helps.

Reindeer
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 05:34 AM

HK and Singapore both have high taxes on cars but I believe its cheaper in HK to buy and own the car. Singapore has alot of other cost involved with ownership which make owning any car costly.

HK registration fees are based on capacity so at 1.8L, its really not that bad.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 05:40 AM

IIRC import taxes are in the 40% or worse range. E-mail me and I'll put you in touch with a friend in HK who has done this several times.

The new owner of RLS is Austin, you can contact him at: Austin0Barrett <<<< @ >>>> gmail <<<< dot >>>> com
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 06:11 AM

BTW, The HK dealer also has several Elise CR for sale, which is an S with some CF bits
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 07:33 AM

Yo can check CAR8.com 無**車網 -- 新舊靚車 for used Lotus in HK.

HK's import duty is aroud 87%, new S240 is US101,000.

S240 Exige S with BOE FW300 + over 40 mods
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I was in HK last week. Taxi drove past the dealership and in the window was an Isotope Exige with my name on it.... Also checked Singapore prices, for an Elise SC, currently SG$ 213,800 + COE, which currently stands at SG$ 40,000, so on the road for about US $ 183,000. Ridiculous if you ask me.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanAsh View Post
Thanks guys. I was in HK last week. Taxi drove past the dealership and in the window was an Isotope Exige with my name on it.... Also checked Singapore prices, for an Elise SC, currently SG$ 213,800 + COE, which currently stands at SG$ 40,000, so on the road for about US $ 183,000. Ridiculous if you ask me.
Hi there, I'm working at the Lotus Dealership in Singapore and we've got a special deal on our last S240 if you do happen to come to Singapore and if u dun mind an S240 over an Elise R
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 06:35 PM
alp
likes to drive fast

The thing I quite miss about SG is the tarmac. The road in SG is phenomenon. I don't even recall seeing a pot hole there...ever. Or maybe they are just so efficient at repairing road defects.

I recommend Old Upper Thomson Road for a good drive, which btw, hosted its last GP in 1973.

2009 Exige S260
2011 Evora [sold]
2005 Elise [sold]
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alp View Post
The thing I quite miss about SG is the tarmac. The road in SG is phenomenon. I don't even recall seeing a pot hole there...ever. Or maybe they are just so efficient at repairing road defects.

I recommend Old Upper Thomson Road for a good drive, which btw, hosted its last GP in 1973.
No potholes indeed. But we are always digging our roads cause everything is underground in Singapore....
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 09:52 PM

Cars in SG are not particularly cheap - I have had the conversation with a friend there several times.

Elise's in SG: Used Lotus Elise Car & Used Cars & Vehicles Singapore - sgCarMart
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
Cars in SG are not particularly cheap - I have had the conversation with a friend there several times.

Elise's in SG: Used Lotus Elise Car & Used Cars & Vehicles Singapore - sgCarMart
you're right, they arent, which is also why luxury cars make sense in a way....
since ur already paying so much, might as well go for something you really like..
that being said though, labour costs arent tt crazy yet so the maintenance of the car (mechanically) is quite alright
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > New car information, Specs, Demos, Price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in