Opinions on this 06 SC Elise - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Opinions on this 06 SC Elise

Gathering thoughts on this SC Elise at Park Place Lotus in Seattle

2006 Lotus Elise Supercharged

Said to be the one used for federalizing the emissions and mpg tests. Does anyone have anymore history, or things to consider with respect to purchasing this one?

Lastly, any dealer / salesperson recommendations? I'm in norcal, would travel a reasonable distance for help in finding the right Elise.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 09:00 PM

Interesting that there was a SC Elise in the US before a SC Exige.

That is a very nice looking Elise.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 09:03 PM

Interesting. Well, it doesn't have the special SC wheels currently used, nor does it have the "wing", so I guess that would devalue it some. Does it have the "supercharged" stickers?

If the full limited warranty has been extended, then it could be a pretty nice deal, but if it's just an "extended warranty", then I'm not sure since that extended warranty isn't as desirable.

It's also a 3 year old model, so no matter how you slice it (never registered, full warranty, etc.) it loses some value based on that alone.

Be an alpha male. Drive a Lotus.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 10:21 PM

Garage
According to the documentation, it appears to have a full factory warranty til 2011, exactly as if it were brand new (but they do have that little "extended" in there).

07 Magnetic Blue Exige S
"Mostly though, it's just a triumph of British engineering." -Jeremy Clarkson
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 10:44 PM

Could that be Dave Simkin's car? He was rolling around in a green elise with a factory supercharger.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 04:17 AM

oh I love that it is supercharged but doesn't have that crappy wing!

2008 GG Elise (no longer needs black wheels )
2008 Gray Prius (wifey)
1998 Jag XK8 (traded on Elise)
Thank God!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 05:39 PM

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 06:17 PM

I saw this car at the December ELCC event held at Park Place. I didn't do a detailed inspection or anything, but I recall that it looked good.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 06:28 PM
Abe

This is a clean car and always maintained by Lotus. The warranty is correct and vehicle was never titled. If you're interested, talk to Ryan Vanderwel (GM) and tell him Abe recommended you

Taking care of the Lotus community one Lotus at a time...yes, We Are Lotus
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 05:45 PM

HANDS OFF

(heh, mostly kidding)

I test drove this car last week and... err... it's BAD! And umm.... it's falling apart! It like died and stuff.

Ok, my dumb attempt at humor. It's solid as a rock and drove quite well. I'm thinking of buying it - only I'm on vacation at the moment.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 09:01 PM

I've seen that car advertised and it looks pretty nice. Park Place can be hit or miss though. I'd personally stay away from them. I know this is my first post, but others have had bad experiences. I'm not on here just to bash them.
Park Place LTD - 6speedonline.com Forums

Judge for yourself and proceed as you see fit.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Abe

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrhybrid View Post
I've seen that car advertised and it looks pretty nice. Park Place can be hit or miss though. I'd personally stay away from them. I know this is my first post, but others have had bad experiences. I'm not on here just to bash them.
Park Place LTD - 6speedonline.com Forums

Judge for yourself and proceed as you see fit.
James, have you had any personal dealings with Park Place? You'll find equally good experience on this forum so unless you've had any personal experience, I can't imagine why you'd instruct folks here to stay away from them sorry, not bashing you either but we need some clarification on your side also and not links to another forum.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 05:42 AM
xtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe View Post
James, have you had any personal dealings with Park Place? You'll find equally good experience on this forum so unless you've had any personal experience, I can't imagine why you'd instruct folks here to stay away from them sorry, not bashing you either but we need some clarification on your side also and not links to another forum.
Just to pick a nit, James did not instruct folks to stay away from them. He allowed that he would personally stay away from them, and advised folks to judge for themselves and proceed as they see fit.

xtn

2006 McLareghini Bugatterrari, Storm Titanium... installed: air horn, Scroth 4-point ASM harnesses, Sector111 halon extinguisher and mounting bracket, Von Hep exhaust and rear panel delete, Pagid brake pads, red Volks CE28n wheels, Toyo RA-1 tires, Nitron SA coilovers, Sector111 (WorksBell) quick-disconnect steering wheel kit. awaiting installation: Scroth "pull-up" lap belts, Sector111 RTD Brace, Tony's heater bypass mod, and dropped steering rack mounting plates.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 06:07 AM

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 07:17 PM

I tried to avoid bashing them, but I guess it did come across that way. While I've not purchased anything through them, I've been in there several times and found them most unhelpful. Not to mention the always seem to be at least 10% higher price wise than what their cars are worth, or market value.....
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Abe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtn View Post
Just to pick a nit, James did not instruct folks to stay away from them. He allowed that he would personally stay away from them, and advised folks to judge for themselves and proceed as they see fit.

xtn
I know however, on this forum they are a factory authorized Lotus dealership with really no point against them but this persons first post is to say, "Hey, look at what I read elsewhere but really have no dealings with them". To me at least, it raises suspicion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrhybrid View Post
I tried to avoid bashing them, but I guess it did come across that way. While I've not purchased anything through them, I've been in there several times and found them most unhelpful. Not to mention the always seem to be at least 10% higher price wise than what their cars are worth, or market value.....
Park Place is part of my territory so I monitor them as well as the rest of my territory VERY closely so when you say that you found them to be unhelpful and that their prices are usually 10% higher is hardly a reason to come on here and state what you have stated. Every dealer asks for more than what the market bears just to give themselves room for negotiation and since you've admitted you haven't purchased anything, how would you know if they are 10% higher? Also, even if their bottom line is higher, it still does not demonstrate they're a bad dealer. Price does not dictate a dealer is bad or good. How you were TREATED does and since all you can say is that they were unhelpful, that means they treated you well but may have not had all the answers you were looking for.

I don't know, maybe it's me but I take my dealers seriously and know the good ones from the bad ones and can tell you wholeheartedly that PP isn't one of the bad ones regardless what your link states....at least not when it comes to Lotus...sorry

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I know however, on this forum they are a factory authorized Lotus dealership with really no point against them but this persons first post is to say, "Hey, look at what I read elsewhere but really have no dealings with them". To me at least, it raises suspicion.

Park Place is part of my territory so I monitor them as well as the rest of my territory VERY closely so when you say that you found them to be unhelpful and that their prices are usually 10% higher is hardly a reason to come on here and state what you have stated. Every dealer asks for more than what the market bears just to give themselves room for negotiation and since you've admitted you haven't purchased anything, how would you know if they are 10% higher? Also, even if their bottom line is higher, it still does not demonstrate they're a bad dealer. Price does not dictate a dealer is bad or good. How you were TREATED does and since all you can say is that they were unhelpful, that means they treated you well but may have not had all the answers you were looking for.

I don't know, maybe it's me but I take my dealers seriously and know the good ones from the bad ones and can tell you wholeheartedly that PP isn't one of the bad ones regardless what your link states....at least not when it comes to Lotus...sorry
I understand where you're coming from with my opinion. You're welcome to register on the 6speed forum that I linked to above and speak with a few of those that spoke up in that link. I know a few of them personally and know they have purchased from PP LTD, so their opinion might be a little more valid.

-James
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 09:24 PM

Well personally I'll still buy from them though that's definitely helped now by the fact that they have the car there and I can physically see it before purchase. Plus the salesman seemed to be genuinely friendly (as opposed to 'salesman friendly') and took me seriously even though I looked a bit scroungy when I came in.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 08:31 AM

As a side note, I was worried about insurance after reading some of the posts here. Progressive will let me add it to my policy (replacing an '08 wrx) for $16 over my normal monthly. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 12:56 PM
xtn

Quote:
I agree it raised suspicion, but try not to attribute a statement to somebody who did not make it. It's exactly that sort of "story creep" that turns around and causes bad rumors in the first place.

As an upstanding representative of the brand, Abe, please don't allow yourself the luxury of communicating with inaccuracy.

Respectfully,
xtn

2006 McLareghini Bugatterrari, Storm Titanium... installed: air horn, Scroth 4-point ASM harnesses, Sector111 halon extinguisher and mounting bracket, Von Hep exhaust and rear panel delete, Pagid brake pads, red Volks CE28n wheels, Toyo RA-1 tires, Nitron SA coilovers, Sector111 (WorksBell) quick-disconnect steering wheel kit. awaiting installation: Scroth "pull-up" lap belts, Sector111 RTD Brace, Tony's heater bypass mod, and dropped steering rack mounting plates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > New car information, Specs, Demos, Price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in