Requests to Lotus - Page 6 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 217 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 06:24 PM

Please Lotus, focus on the few quality suggestions here for the Elise. For everything that is of the "add this" category, make another model. We have the Elise for the minimalistic crowd, the Exige for the racer-look crowd (you can even give them some more power), so how about an Extravaganza for the crowd that wants everything added to it? You should be able to keep it a few hundred pounds and a few thousand dollars under a comparably equipped Boxster. That way, everybody can be happy.

[only slightly tongue in cheek]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 217 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 06:34 PM

Good post Chris. Not sure Lotus has the funds to pay so much detail to all these nit-picky problems. Rather have the money go into high quality materials and engineering. Now that I am thinking about it, I honestly never use the A/C, radio, or power locks. I do like the power windows though (because I use them).

If Lotus wants to move upmarket with the other models, I thought the M250 concept interior looked great. Minimalistic yet well finished. Basically you use more costly materials for what you already have...

- J

'05 Lotus Elise: RS134 Monolites, Nitron Singles, Monoballs, V2 arms, RTD2 brace, Innovative motor mounts, V2 tank, GPan, Larini 8", TransCables, LumosHID, GiroDisc, Ferodo DS2500, etc.
'16 Porsche Cayman GT4
post #103 of 217 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 02:07 PM
JnC

I think heated seats would be a minimalist lightweight addition for any open top car particularly when driven in the mountains.

post #104 of 217 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB
Please Lotus, focus on the few quality suggestions here for the Elise. For everything that is of the "add this" category, make another model.
Ok, is a tilt steering wheel a quality suggestion, or an "add this" for a porker model?
post #105 of 217 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyLo
Ok, is a tilt steering wheel a quality suggestion, or an "add this" for a porker model?
Pork...

Tim Mullen --- There is no such thing as Touring suspension or Touring wheels.

I love being married. It's so great to find that one person that you want to annoy for the rest of your life. - Rita Rudner

Chantilly, VA http://members.cox.net/elans4/
05 Lotus Elise - Chrome Orange - No Touring - No LSS - No Hardtop - Lotus Driving Lights - Lotus "Chin Guards" - plain and simple.
94 Miata R Package - Black
72 Lotus Elan Sprint - Colorado Orange/Cirrus White
post #106 of 217 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:35 AM

Ah, the supercharger would be a nice addition. As well as an elongated accelerator pedal-the current setup doesn't allow for heel-toe driving. My Fiat has a wonderful sun visor-it flips up above the windshield frame to block the sun on top-down days when the sun is above the frame but still right in your eyes. The current visor, thoguh cute, is essentially useless. Insulate the driver's side rail to prevent heat gain from the hydraulic lines that run through it. Very little weight would be added with soemthing like high density foam panels inserted that frame rail. Of course, in the winter time, when you'd like that heat, it seems to dissipate so quickly you never get that advantage. Oh well, that's the quirky stuff we love about this car. Unless you're sweating like a pig in stop-and-go highway traffic in July.
post #107 of 217 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMullen
Pork...
The Enzyte has made my feet very large. Perhaps entry and egress is easier for you.
post #108 of 217 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 09:44 PM

A disable switch for the passenger airbag. I know it can be done aftermarket, but there is no reason for it not to be standard.

Long summer days, and beautiful country
post #109 of 217 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumn8r
A disable switch for the passenger airbag. I know it can be done aftermarket, but there is no reason for it not to be standard.
Can you even fit a child seat in there? If you did have a child with a booster, would he be close enough to the dash to warrant airbag deactivation?
post #110 of 217 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyLo
Can you even fit a child seat in there? If you did have a child with a booster, would he be close enough to the dash to warrant airbag deactivation?
The owner's manual strongly recommends no children in the car at all. Between the force exerted by the pre-tensioning seatbelt in the event of a crash and the force of the airbag, Lotus suggests only teenagers and above ride along. i guess you could say the Elise is PG-13.
post #111 of 217 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 08:11 AM

**A good lease program
post #112 of 217 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 07:42 PM

TRD made a child's seat. Personally, I'm holding out for the Lotus Sport model...

Jim

Just kidding, Malcolm.

2005 Ardent Red--Sport Pack--Hard Top

Last edited by jtanner; 11-07-2005 at 07:44 PM.
post #113 of 217 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 07:50 PM

I dont know maybe I'm just different but I like it just the way it is. With all its quirks and problems it is a true Lotus for people like me that just like to drive and enjoy every minute of it.
post #114 of 217 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:54 PM

Return phone calls

Dear LOA,

Getting thru to you on the phone is sometimes hard.

You say to leave a return phone number, but you did not call me back and it has been two days.

What's up with that?

Best regards,

mr t
post #115 of 217 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 06:17 AM

I just want to know how fast I'm going. Is the metric speedo accurate? I'll gladly use it and translate. Just give me accuracy....please!
post #116 of 217 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 08:38 AM

A plate, not necessarily a splitter, that would fit under the front of the car and protect the underside from the simple act of going up a driveway...

post #117 of 217 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 04:06 PM

Please bring the Europa S to US. The car is great and I am willing to buy now.
post #118 of 217 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 04:25 PM

Personally I wouldn't add anything to the car (SC being an exception). However, would it be possible to add a laptimer with smartly placed simple controls on the steering wheel (similar to the one on aprillia motorcycles). I was thinking a start/stop button on the right side on the aluminum portion, and a lap/reset on the left (both placed inside the horn button and outside the airbag and hub. Then maybe it could store a resonable history of laps (20-50 maybe), and you could use a combination of the two buttons to scroll through your session.

'05 SY Sport Pack Hardtop
$ / Seat Time X = Elise
post #119 of 217 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 12:58 PM

I love the car, I did order a leather covered center console from the Lotus Trim Shop but through Lotus Sports of Boston my dealer was unwilling to order the part, we should of been able to order the parts at the same time we ordered the car and have them when new for installation at the dealer befor pick-up like in marry old England. I would like to see a red line, red light or a yellow light on the techometer face at the number while I'm approaching the red line with peripherals before hitting the red light/line.

Last edited by GOGO; 03-08-2006 at 01:00 PM.
post #120 of 217 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehitom
The owner's manual strongly recommends no children in the car at all. Between the force exerted by the pre-tensioning seatbelt in the event of a crash and the force of the airbag, Lotus suggests only teenagers and above ride along. i guess you could say the Elise is PG-13.

A lot of us have children who REALLY want to go for a ride in "Daddy's cool car."
There is absolutely no reason this shouldn't be possible in a $40K+ car... What if one of us would like to take our kid out for an ice cream? What if one of us has a kid who is really into Karting? God forbid we have children who would prefer to go for a nice ride in REAL TIME rather than only enjoy the Elise on Playstations Gran Turismo while eating a bag of Doritos!

I don't have an Elise yet and I may not buy one for this single reason. My Son loves cars almost as much as I do. How can I expect to leave him behind everytime I go for a ride?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > New car information, Specs, Demos, Price.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in