Is there any way to look up Lotus invoice prices? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 707
Is there any way to look up Lotus invoice prices?

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to guesstimate the value of a new Elise SC. It's currently priced at $58k and it's been sitting on the dealer's lot for a long time. 2008 Elise SC. I guess it's priced too high since nobody's buying it, but lacking any information about invoice prices and such, it's hard to find out how much wiggle room there is for negotiation.
marcinr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcinr View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to guesstimate the value of a new Elise SC. It's currently priced at $58k and it's been sitting on the dealer's lot for a long time. 2008 Elise SC. I guess it's priced too high since nobody's buying it, but lacking any information about invoice prices and such, it's hard to find out how much wiggle room there is for negotiation.
Not much wiggle room. That car is very similar to one we have in stock and is priced very close to invoice. Most of the customers we have want the more powerful models.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Not much wiggle room. That car is very similar to one we have in stock and is priced very close to invoice. Most of the customers we have want the more powerful models.
I'm curious about this lack of 'wiggle room'. I see quite a few new '07s still on dealer lots. I even see a dealer with a new '06 Exige on the lot. The '09s are around the corner. At what point do these dealers just have to cut their losses and price these two or three year old cars well enough in order to get them sold - even if they have to take a loss? Especially considering the current economic climate
logan2z is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 02:30 PM
def
Registered User
 
def's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 2,875
Link to 06 exige?

V10 R8 Noble M400 GG Elise (sold after 1192 days and 22961 miles)
def is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by def View Post
Link to 06 exige?
2006 Lotus Exige for Sale - 2006 Lotus Exige prices
logan2z is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 06:24 PM
BANNED
 
CertifiedCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern VA [The BEST Part of VA.(Sadly)]
Posts: 874
you can try this....


Lotus Cars USA: Build Your Lotus
CertifiedCC is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Registered User
 
Nthuzast07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: durham, nc
Posts: 72
You cant find invoice pricing on Lotuses anywhere online. When purchasing a vehicle like the Lotus, exclusivity is the name of the game. No one really pays too much for a Lotus, however, dont expect to steal one or negotiate from invoice. This is taboo --Ever find invoice pricing on Ferrari or Aston Martin or any other low volume manufactures? Ariel atom invoice?
Dealers are motivated to sell, and any one would be more than happy to entertain your offer. Be sure to compare service, reputation, and condition over price. Sometimes the best deal is a combination not just the bottom line.(Not a Chevy)

2000 Mercedes E320
1999 BMW 528i
Lotus one day soon

Formerly of Lotus of Durham
Nthuzast07 is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Registered User
 
Chris Mackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 2,591
I bought mine at "invoice". I had no way to confirm that the dealer was telling the truth, but the price was about 10% under the sticker and just a few thousand above the price of the used cars I had been pricing.

2006 Elise, Ardent Red, Black Pack, LSS wheels, shocks and springs.
Chris Mackey is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Registered User
 
RichS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 3,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mackey View Post
but the price was about 10% under the sticker
I've also heard that 'invoice' is about 10% under sticker.

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
-- Laurence J. Peter
RichS is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan2z View Post
I'm curious about this lack of 'wiggle room'. I see quite a few new '07s still on dealer lots. I even see a dealer with a new '06 Exige on the lot. The '09s are around the corner. At what point do these dealers just have to cut their losses and price these two or three year old cars well enough in order to get them sold - even if they have to take a loss? Especially considering the current economic climate
I was referring to the 2008 Elise SC that we have in stock and compared it to the one in Texas that had less equipment. The purpose was to let Marcin know if it was a good deal.

"At what point do these dealers just have to cut their losses and price..." That depends on if the dealers have the money to own them instead of flooring them. Dealers can sometime hold them a long time if they own them.

Remember, car deals are each different depending on if there is a trade in, cash, finance, money from Lotus, etc. I will sell our 2007 Elise at a loss to make a deal if there other circumstances that allow me to go to my boss and explain to him that the total deal is reasonable at this time.

The comments on the invoice price is very interesting. 10% lower from MSRP is close.

Hope this helps.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Registered User
 
GabbaGabbaHey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nthuzast07 View Post
You cant find invoice pricing on Lotuses anywhere online. When purchasing a vehicle like the Lotus, exclusivity is the name of the game. No one really pays too much for a Lotus, however, dont expect to steal one or negotiate from invoice. This is taboo --Ever find invoice pricing on Ferrari or Aston Martin or any other low volume manufactures? Ariel atom invoice?
Dealers are motivated to sell, and any one would be more than happy to entertain your offer. Be sure to compare service, reputation, and condition over price. Sometimes the best deal is a combination not just the bottom line.(Not a Chevy)
fwiw Ferrari (especially used) prices have taken a bit of a dive lately:

599/430 Prices Crashing - FerrariChat.com
GabbaGabbaHey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > New car information, Specs, Demos, Price.

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome