Few other thoughts:
1. I stick a big socket in the tailshaft, This helps even more the oil draining out the back.
2. I've found it easier to remove the oil pan for more clearance. I also remove the water pump if I'm replacing.
3. Depending on your car (LHD, RHD) you may need to take off the starter.
4. The remote extension (if you have one) is best removed from the interior for the rear bolts and the engine bay for the fronts.
5. Don't forget all the ancillary stuff - Ground wires, speedo cable, fuel lines, etc.