The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Europa Alloy Wheel center caps

16K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  CLW 
#1 ·
I got tired of replacing my center caps at about $30 a pop and though I would try and make some of my own. I got some electrical box knock out seals (1 1/4 inch for steel boxes) and made my own. I had to bend the prongs on the backs to snug them up a little and then put a rubber band (made from bike inner tube) to prevent rattles.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Center Cap Paint and stickers

:coolnana:

This is the paint I used on the center caps. It was left over from a wheel repair. As for the stickers, you can find them all over the internet but I like the ones I got from 'Signdezine' out of England. They are really nice and are more professional then a flat sticker, but cost a little more. I noticed in the wheel picture that I need to better center one of the stickers on the cap but it not a big deal, just remove and re-attach centered. (I was in a hurry to get the caps on the car for a picture and didn't take my time putting the stickers on.) I might order a little larger sticker to see what that looks like. Hope this helps!

Attachments

#9 ·
Center Cap Paint and stickers

Actually I had used weatherstrip glue to help hold them on, but on occasion I park the lotus on the street I think kids might be taking the caps. The ones I made seem to be harder to pull off and I haven't lost one since.
:huh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.